Questions About Moonshade // Pole Grip

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Questions about Moonshade // Pole Grip
Questions about Moonshade // Pole Grip
By Hakeo 2012-01-29 01:30:03  
I have been reading these forums for some time now since I've recently just come back from a 2 year break. I'm curious though, I see people posting "Regain" is bad for Moonshade. I'm wondering, which augments do you put on it? From what I'm seeing, maybe ACC and Occ. grants Dmg. bonus on TP 5%? Also, why is it a bad thing to use Pole Grip w/ Apoc.? My friend and I was talking about this, it seems he could get a 5 hit build w/o Rose, so why not use Pole? Unless his calculations is wrong on the 5 hit..or something.
By Ariaum 2012-01-29 02:13:43  
Most people go TP bouns earring, it effects most WS that are common place adds crit rate to crit ws, dmg to TP/damage WS, and is the most common melee augment I'd say. As for why they say it's bad, is because on paper it doesn't math out well. As to the why Pole is bad if you can give up less than 2% DA in another slot to maintain X-hit it's not.
 Shiva.Keyera
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Keyera
By Shiva.Keyera 2012-01-29 02:20:18  
regain moonshade is tough to predict, making it's math difficult and 'proven' to not be as good (would need to completely revamp a TP set if you pick regain), and 25 TP bonus is just....so nice.

no reason you shouldnt use a polegrip if you can X-hit without sacrificing the +2% DA in the other slots.

'quotes' mean 'supposedly'
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-01-29 03:32:12  
why pole get bad when using apoc is because the chance of getting a TA "blocks" the chance of getting da thereby making pole grib DA proc less

If you haven 0DA and 0TA to begin with.
Adding 2% DA you have 2% DA on all swing out of 100 so you get 2 swings more

now if you have 15% TA from apoc
15 swing out of those 100 will get triples attack leaving you with only 85 swings left for DA to proc on so the 2% DA sudely only gives you 1.7 more Swings. you ust lost 15% effeiciency on you polegrip

now put in all you previous DA and TA from other gear and you can see how pole grip suddenly drops alot in efficiency os it mgiht be better with a critrate or crtidmg grip instead
By Ariaum 2012-01-29 03:52:10  
Some reason I thought he meant the relic not the atma...
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-01-29 04:52:25  
Ariaum said: »
Some reason I thought he meant the relic not the atma...

I'm pretty sure he did.
By Hakeo 2012-01-29 09:45:03  
I did c.c
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-01-29 09:57:45  
The reason it's "bad" is because sword strap is better for 6hit, rose is (usually) better for 5hit, but I'm not sure how it is now with ogier's gauntlets available for an easy 5hit
By Hakeo 2012-01-29 15:04:22  
Yea, that is what my friend was using to get the 5-hot. The Ogier's Gauntlets. If he's using that, does that make Pole Strap worth it? This is assuming that you're not in Abyssea at all? Or should he be using Sword Strap for the -delay?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-01-29 15:07:58  
Assuming the Delay- doesn't take him down to a 6-hit, then Sword strap would prove the best yeah.