users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Ragnarok vs Ukon
Ragnarok vs Ukon
 Bahamut.Atoreis
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-01-31 20:14:12  
99 Ragnarok vs 99 Ukon for mighty strike? (assuming 16% for 2.5dmg with Ragnarok and 40%ODD for Ukon and 300TP at start) EDIT: Oh yeah Upheavel during MS for this outside of one 200TP ukko for AM up.
Same weapons for weak mobs outside of VW (aka no atmacite and temps)? Assuming you can 6 hit Ragnarok with (rose/white tathlum/houyi/brutal/6stpArmada/Ogierhands/Rajas/goading for 51STP and 3/5 hits on resolution with ogier hands/rajas/brutal/rose)?
 Bahamut.Danthebk
user: danthebk
By Bahamut.Danthebk 2012-02-01 11:23:08  
I feel like there wasn't a lot of information about the two scenarios. I'm assuming Scenario 1 as a MS zerg against a lower mob such as AV or Kirin. And Scenario 2 as a Nyzul Isle or Einherjar type event with NQ mobs at a low level.

Without doing any math on it, I'm leaning toward the 99 Ukon for both cases. Although, not by an enormous amount. I do not feel like doing all the work to support my claim today, so I'll leave it at that.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-02-01 11:33:27  
My LS did an ADL fight and one of the WARs came with their ragnarok 95 and my Ukon 90 beat them in the parse. Like wasn't even in top 3 against other Ukons. That's my experience...wish I could tell you gear setups and little more in depth. But that's about all there is too it.
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-02-01 17:28:51  
It'd be a toss up with an edge to Ukon.

Ragnarok would have the WS advantage but you lose one of its main attributes its crit rate since you are using MS.

Ukon would have lower WSs but would win in the DoT department and you could sit in superior TP gear.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2012-02-01 18:18:26  
You mean 95 Ragnarok vs 90 Ukon.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-02-01 22:24:42  
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
You mean 95 Ragnarok vs 90 Ukon.

No I mean 99 both.
Only thing I am missing for 99 Ukon is update with trial.
If I would decide to make Ragnarok I would 99 it for sure too.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-02-02 03:07:48  
Im doing both
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-02-02 05:14:34  
Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind said: »
Im doing both

Thats the point. If one is better than the other for everything then its kinda pointless to make both. Unless ofc you have DRK too but I also have Apoc so Ragnarok would have limited use also for DRK in my case.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-02-23 15:10:41  
Rather then make a new thread, figured I would bump this one. Best setups for Rag WAR?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-23 17:04:37  
Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
Rather then make a new thread, figured I would bump this one. Best setups for Rag WAR?

Leoheart would know how to gear it. Though 90 Ukon was still a bit ahead of 95 Rag. No 2 hours included :S

Reso on average is still much lower then ukkos post nerf.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-02-23 20:05:16  
Not sure about rag vs ukon in a mighty strikes situation, it really varies on what you're fighting; Resolution would probably lose because it's a 5 hit and there's more risk of you missing hits as oposed to Ukko's fury 2hits, Or are we talking lolupheaval? Because that Weaponskill really is a massive turn off for Gaxe's or i'm doing it wrong but whatever.

As for nemesio, here:

Tp set:
Not the best set, but it's a 7-hit and overshot on haste too
Obvious upgrades I could make are:

Hoard ring for tyrant's ring
Tiara for Fazheluo helm +1
Probably something else in there too but i'll edit this post later on.

Scourge set:
I just stacked wsc because it sucks, but it can randomly spike.

Resolution:
Because I'm too lazy to store my gear and clear inventory to do Blinkers, so it's NQ

edit: and aparently I swap grips to Scourge with
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-02-24 07:25:03  
Upheaval with a good/near perfect set is very good for GA weaponskills under MS and I'd only expect MT from Brovura to keep up/beat it.

If you're talking about VW MS Upheaval with Ukon with level 3 AM is coming out slightly ahead of 95Ragnarok with Scourge AM up (this is 90 Ukon, with 95+ Ukon it's ahead). 90Ukon starts trailing if you don't have full AM it seems. This is going by Mot's last sheet however.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [125 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-06-28 15:35:47  
There's a thread over in the DRK forums that piqued my curiosity about this again.

Looking through some estimates, it seems like Ragnarok(95) may only be a couple percent behind Ukon(99) in overall non-2hr DPS, while of course it (Rag) soars miles ahead during MS. That's not even considering the possibility of Rag 99.

Does this sound right to you guys? I feel dumb spending so much on plates if this is true, when I could just buy a wagonRag instead and do better damage.

Edit: Hmm, I guess I messed up regarding aftermath so Ukon's more ahead than I thought at first. I'm still interested in hearing what you guys think, now that more folks have Phorcys.

(Edit: Sorry for bumping the other thread, btw.)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [81 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Kukailimoku
user: Kuahana
By Lakshmi.Kukailimoku 2012-09-17 10:57:54  
Phoenix.Suji said: »
There's a thread over in the DRK forums that piqued my curiosity about this again.

Looking through some estimates, it seems like Ragnarok(95) may only be a couple percent behind Ukon(99) in overall non-2hr DPS, while of course it (Rag) soars miles ahead during MS. That's not even considering the possibility of Rag 99.

Does this sound right to you guys? I feel dumb spending so much on plates if this is true, when I could just buy a wagonRag instead and do better damage.

Edit: Hmm, I guess I messed up regarding aftermath so Ukon's more ahead than I thought at first. I'm still interested in hearing what you guys think, now that more folks have Phorcys.

(Edit: Sorry for bumping the other thread, btw.)

cheaper to get ukon to 99 than a wagonrag to 99

of course assuming you buy everything in both situations - everything meaning plates/dross vs. currency/marrows
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-17 11:05:13  
If it's cheaper at all, it's not by much. I just bought my 99 Ukon for 170~175mil and now I'm buying a 99 Ragnarok for 170~175mil.
 Ramuh.Mosby
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Clyne
By Ramuh.Mosby 2012-09-17 11:08:00  
Lakshmi.Kukailimoku said: »
cheaper to get ukon to 99 than a wagonrag to 99

of course assuming you buy everything in both situations - everything meaning plates/dross vs. currency/marrows

And you do realize what an idiot you make yourself look like by bumping an old topic when the prices of plates were about 50k more than they are now (not to mention slight rift price decrease) thus adding ~75M to the cost of the Ukon.
 Lakshmi.Kukailimoku
By Lakshmi.Kukailimoku 2012-09-17 11:11:06  
not really considering on my server, prices are the same if not cheaper than they were 3 months ago. ***
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-17 11:21:23  
I'm on your server and do a lot of Bazaar hunting.

Three months ago
HMP: 110-120k each
Dross: ~350k each

Now:
HMP: 90-100k each
Dross: 400-500k each

Overall the cost of a 99 Ukon has decreased by ~25mil in the last 3 months. Meanwhile, currency (and marrow) prices have risen.
 Lakshmi.Kukailimoku
By Lakshmi.Kukailimoku 2012-09-17 11:25:25  
the above post was in response to that Mosby dude, not you Byrth.

and i did the math, its about 160-165ish mill to do a rag to 99, and your ukon price was right about a 10ish mill diff so not too bad, but the old prices you have posted def cheaper with those to get rag 99 rather than ukon (even currency and marrows were more expensive then too)
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-09-17 13:45:16  
Marrow prices have risen on lakshmi?? wtf... ours have crashed pretty hard. Easy to get for 14 these days
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-09-17 13:50:08  
They've gone up on Cerberus as well. As LSs cap on Marrows there seems to be less farming going on. People buy at 25mil....used to be easy to find at 14mil.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-09-17 14:00:54  
Hng, they're 25 again now?
I'm gone for a few weeks and this happends ;_;
But yeah, I suppose that's how it is, unless you have a big group of people it's not exactly reliable money in doing ADL.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2012-09-17 14:07:23  
Marrows going down in price on Bismarck.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-09-17 14:08:13  
ADL gonna be annoying again when PD gets nerfed, inc fun :<
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kukailimoku
By Lakshmi.Kukailimoku 2012-09-17 14:18:21  
marrow prices on lakishmi are about ~ 12-14 mill depending on how patient(or impatient) people are, i know my group i run with on adl sells theirs for 13 with a pretty much over night sell rate.

if marrows are really up in the 20's on cerberus i need to move my group over there lol
 Lakshmi.Kukailimoku
By Lakshmi.Kukailimoku 2012-09-17 14:23:12  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
ADL gonna be annoying again when PD gets nerfed, inc fun :<

a great point being that when that happens, 1) will it be better or worse(probably worse) and 2) if the previous point is true, how much higher will prices for marrows rise?

might have to start storing marrows for that price flux, even though that update is a bit away, i'm sure the ls's that need them will be done and more then likely selling them by then.

i hope that the nerf isn't so bad that 6 manning adl would be impossible. that will pretty much kill my groups strategy now
 Ragnarok.Weeks
user: weeks
By Ragnarok.Weeks 2012-09-17 14:26:18  
BTW, to answer the original question, I use Ragnarok for MS zerg, Ukon for most other situations.
 Lakshmi.Kukailimoku
By Lakshmi.Kukailimoku 2012-09-17 14:27:12  
Lakshmi.Kukailimoku said: »
the above post was in response to that Mosby dude, not you Byrth.

and i did the math, its about 160-165ish mill to do a rag to 99, and your ukon price was right about a 10ish mill diff so not too bad, but the old prices you have posted def cheaper with those to get rag 99 rather than ukon (even currency and marrows were more expensive then too)
Bismarck.Altar said: »
Marrow prices have risen on lakshmi?? wtf... ours have crashed pretty hard. Easy to get for 14 these days

the 160-165ish mill includes the price of purchasing currency to make the rag and the marrows prices minus the 30 silvers that you get back of course.

note - sorry for the 3 posts to say 3 different things lol
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-09-18 08:06:46  
Tac on another ~8.1mil for Ukko for the pop sets (Glavoid / Orthrus). Farming them is no different then farming currency / plates, though it's much faster due to unlimited Abyssea time (need friends though). Possibly more if you have to pay people for full pop sets rather then farming them with friends / ls mates.

Currency prices on Lakshmi keep bouncing around, there is a huge surge of demand right now cause of all the Wagnaroks being made. Glad I did mine before the crazy when prices were low and everyone was busy making Ukko's and Vere's. Marrows are 12~14mil, though 12 is becoming nigh impossible to find now. 13 is common enough to bet on.