Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Gungnir
Gungnir
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By afterdarkk 2012-02-06 09:30:18  
So at 95 is this worth is now ? Someone with Gungnir sell me it's good and bad points. I'm very tempted to go ahead and make on but i keep hearing mixed reviews about it.
 Odin.Skeero
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Skeero 2012-02-06 09:49:41  
The weapon is amazing, im extremely happy with it. But then i realize im still a Drg and never use it. Drg sucks on anything that is worth it. Love the job, love playing it, hate the performance. If you love drg, make the weapon. If you like drg, make a Rag/Apoc.
[+]
By Foldypaws 2012-02-06 10:53:40  
Good points: Highest damage spear, 20% ODD fulltime, Defense down can help with DRGs attack problems.

Bad points: attached WS is worthless, Defense Down doesn't stack with Angon (though I *think* it won't overwrite it unlike the magian weapons), very expensive.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-06 10:55:01  
Odin.Skeero said: »
The weapon is amazing, im extremely happy with it. But then i realize im still a Drg and never use it. Drg sucks on anything that is worth it. Love the job, love playing it, hate the performance. If you love drg, make the mythic. If you like drg, make a Rag/Apoc.
[+]
 Siren.Dathus
サーバ: Siren
user: Dathus
By Siren.Dathus 2012-02-06 10:59:08  
Foldypaws said: »
Good points: Highest damage spear, 20% ODD fulltime, Defense down can help with DRGs attack problems.

Bad points: attached WS is worthless, Defense Down doesn't stack with Angon (though I *think* it won't overwrite it unlike the magian weapons), very expensive.
It does overwrite Angon and has a LOWER Defense Down.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-06 11:00:48  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
The weapon is amazing, im extremely happy with it. But then i realize im still a Drg and never use it. Drg sucks on anything that is worth it. Love the job, love playing it, hate the performance. If you love drg, make the mythic. If you like drg, make a Rag/Apoc.

Until/unless new Nyzul/Salvage changes come around and flood us with Alexandrite the way new Dyna has done for currency, Relic remains readily more accessible than Mythic.

Relic is realistic for a dedicated casual player. Mythic -- at this time -- is not.
 Odin.Skeero
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2012-02-06 11:11:05  

And then you realize you are still a dragoon and spent even more money and time on a job that is worthless.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-02-06 11:15:04  
Siren.Dathus said: »

Didn't they say they were going to make Angon stack with other DEF down effects?

EDIT: Durp-a-dur
Camate said:
Angon
In regards to Angon, the development team is looking into adjustments so that the lowered defense effect stacks with other defense lowering effects.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2012-02-06 11:53:29  

And then you realize you are still a dragoon and spent even more money and time on a job that is worthless.

My mythic and I beg to differ.
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-06 12:04:21  
With the new WS's being so strong i think all mythics (or most) outperform anything else at 95. the occ att 2-3 times is very potent. especially since i believe it stacks on ws. there are a few that wont be as good. like the swords. because the new sword ws is meh compared to almace/CDC.

Edit: i am finishing apoc now. but if the new events drop the prices of alex to the 3-5k range ill make a liberator.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-02-06 12:44:35  
if they let gungnir's def down effect stack with angon, gungnir will be an even better weapon than it is now.
(will help drg cap atk on alot of mobs and might even be worth using on endgame stuff)

as it stands, gungnir is better than the emp polearm. so if you like drg then i don't see why not.

though if you have nobody to help you do the 99 vers, u might wanna think about saving your gil and making Mythic instead.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Morpheu
user: Morpheu
By Ragnarok.Morpheu 2012-03-19 18:29:39  
anyone can post pls best equip set for relic WS ?
thx
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-19 18:36:54  
attached WS is worthless
Quoting because it's still relevant.

Also,
Siren.Dathus said: »
Not true, both 20%.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-03-19 18:53:07  
If you have Wyrm hands+2 with the Angon augment, then Angon would be -25%(@ 5/5 merits), so the statement can still hold true.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-03-19 23:19:11  
Nothing of this sort yet.

They stated they will be allowing Gungnir's Def Down to stack with other Def Downs in the future. However they haven't decided on how to implement this just yet.

The current Def. Down Status Effects Overwrite each other. They don't stack by any means.

They only ones which can read: Resist are the ones in which a Blue Mage has afflicted the monster with the Def. Down ailment.
By Silverscorpion 2012-03-20 10:51:56  
Drg things~
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-03-20 19:42:07  
Ragnarok.Amador said: »
Nothing of this sort yet.

They stated they will be allowing Gungnir's Def Down to stack with other Def Downs in the future. However they haven't decided on how to implement this just yet.

The current Def. Down Status Effects Overwrite each other. They don't stack by any means.

They only ones which can read: Resist are the ones in which a Blue Mage has afflicted the monster with the Def. Down ailment.

Do you have a link to the dev note about Gungnir's def down? I couldn't find that one. I do know they are adjusting angon to stack with other def downs though. Here's that one:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/19016-Dragoon-Updates%21?p=263662&viewfull=1#post263662
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-03-20 19:58:02  
Pardon this miss wording, this would be as close as it gets.

When I read it I immediately thought Gungnir.

Simply due to the fact that it would be Gungnir Def Down at 19.7% + Angon -20%~ Def down for a juicy 39.7%~
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-03-20 20:02:30  
Ah too bad. Was hoping we might get angon, gungnir's and another option...
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-03-20 20:13:13  
Well, even if it's Angon + Ageha, Angon + Acid Bolts, Angon + Blue Spell, it would still be a stacked effect. My guess is cap will be 50%

Since Dia III = 15%, Angon 20-25%, Def Down Blue Spell -10% and or Gungnir Def Down -20%.

So that alone can stack to 70%~

Would be really ridiculous to imagine that high -% def down, would make attack really easy to overcome.

However, I do look forward to at least: -10% Dia II - Angon -25% and Gungnir -19.7% = -54.7%!

If the cap was -50% would almost make the -5% Gloves worthless allowing for different merit options.
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2012-03-21 22:17:32  

(im a hume trying to use stardiver, i have a 99 gugnir, and yeah the attached ws still sucks)

I remember a long time ago someone said attack caps if over 2x the amount of def but i duno if that's true or not. I read somewhere else here that 24+ str is apparently enough to cap fstr on gungnir. So what does that mean I should do at these different situations? (capped fstr, capped attack, and capped both?)

Does the drakesbane attack penalty mean -20% less attack or -20% less total damage?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2012-03-21 22:37:47  
Gilgamesh.Meldity said: »
Does the drakesbane attack penalty mean -20% less attack or -20% less total damage?

It will always mean the former, but can potentially mean the latter.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2012-03-21 22:38:16  
So do you have to sub NIN to dualwield Gungnirs? or can DRG just do that wihtout the sub, cause you're sacrificing a lot by subbing NIN tbh.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-21 22:44:28  
I remember a long time ago someone said attack caps if over 2x the amount of def but i duno if that's true or not.
Yes, that's true for one handers. Two handers need 2.25.

Quote:
I read somewhere else here that 24+ str is apparently enough to cap fstr on gungnir.
25 is the fSTR cap on 99.
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-03-22 08:17:49  
Also, for stardiver, I would change earring, to either moonshade earring with bonus tp thing +25, or an earring with str on it.
Same goes with the ring, i would change rajah( to another str ring) if you don't need the stp from it.

Also, for legs, should go read this post.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/29351/best-stardiver-set/
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2012-03-22 11:27:27  
Carbuncle.Shadowreapper said: »
Also, for stardiver, I would change earring, to either moonshade earring with bonus tp thing +25, or an earring with str on it.
Same goes with the ring, i would change rajah( to another str ring) if you don't need the stp from it.

Also, for legs, should go read this post.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/29351/best-stardiver-set/

hm ok, pretty marginal amount there. although boost str is pretty cool for humes.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-03-22 11:41:19  
Errrrmmm....

159/9 + 8 = 25 fSTR cap

So you need about 100 more STR than the monster's VIT to cap fSTR with 99 Gungnir.
 Asura.Xredx
サーバ: Asura
user: xredx
By Asura.Xredx 2012-03-22 11:47:48  
you cant dual wield two gungnirs... they're rare/ex bro.
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2012-03-22 11:51:40  
Could I see some people's item sets for drakesbane? I want to the see the ideal sets we use for it with all the new items.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
user: Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2012-03-22 15:17:45  
Could I see some people's item sets for drakesbane? I want to the see the ideal sets we use for it with all the new items.

This is what I came up with for ideal WS gear using the DPS spreadsheets floating around.

As more info comes out about the set bonus of nyzul gear this could change.

First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7