OAT Or 2-4 Magian?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » OAT or 2-4 magian?
OAT or 2-4 magian?
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-16 15:40:07  
Ragnarok.Returner said: »
Pole would be your best bet.
I wonder when they will make a quad+ 1% grip.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-16 16:11:06  
ajksdgsaghfjhgfs

Parsed 31% Accuracy on Leaping Lam with that build, DE, Stalwarts, Bravers. I had to go Calad just because of the acc bonus on 1 hit WS :S

Reso averaged only 800ish on a high evasion target, Gladly landed all 8 of my Torcleavers for 1477 average. T6 are just crazy sometimes but it doesn't help when his evasion boost move isn't dispelled and it has shadows.

Weaker stuff though OaT eats it up. It's nice having both weapons. But highly evasive monsters are such a small percentage of what I personally fight.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-16 16:13:14  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
ajksdgsaghfjhgfs

Parsed 31% Accuracy on Leaping Lam with that build, DE, Stalwarts, Bravers. I had to go Calad just because of the acc bonus on 1 hit WS :S

Reso averaged only 800ish on a high evasion target, Gladly landed all 8 of my Torcleavers for 1477 average. T6 are just crazy sometimes but it doesn't help when his evasion boost move isn't dispelled and it has shadows.

Weaker stuff though OaT eats it up. It's nice having both weapons. But highly evasive monsters are such a small percentage of what I personally fight.

Wouldnt abs attribute grab his boosty?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-16 16:23:47  
Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
ajksdgsaghfjhgfs

Sounds foolish but I was counting on the mages or the other DRK to do that.. I mean he had like a 3% Hit rate(Galkas lulz) so I figured he'd cast or something :(
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-02-16 16:54:57  
how do you even have a 3% hit rate? thanks for imput btw!
 Valefor.Omerta
サーバ: Valefor
user: arouis
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-02-16 17:02:53  
Phoenix.Wackatramp said: »
Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
breeze belt...think ima just brew empousa lol

That's what I did. I popped a brew and whooped Indriks *** for Light Belt. Then i ran to Empousa quick and whooped his *** for Breeze Belt.

2 belts. 1 Brew. Rated A; for awesome.

Or, you could Monk tank Empousa, coz he is piss, and Migwari tank Indrik, coz he to, is piss.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-02-16 17:04:11  
200k Cruor is nothing anymore. Soil covers both DRK WS though, so you should just go brew the cactuar if anything...
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-16 17:15:29  
why would u brew that cactuar...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-16 17:27:38  
Skarwind casts Absorb-Attri.
1 of Lancing Lamorak's shadows absorbs the attack and disappears.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-16 17:35:20  
Messing around on Pil DRK/DRG Kinda loving it since the Jump timers are lower.

1466 Jump with Calad and ODD but the OAT and Jumps is pretty nice for TP gain as well with misers/chaos post update. I feel on lower tier mobs berserk and aggressor don't give me the kick I need. My TP gain is so fast /SAM Meditate get's half wasted and Sekka is the only saving grace.

Leoheart(95 Rag WAR) and Ionve (90 Ukon WAR) can vouch for me though. It did pretty well.

For teh lulz really. Jumps are a modified Torcleaver Build but with Rancor neck, windbuffet Belt, and Heafoc hands :o

Thoughts and opinions? High Jump helped a bit when Physical Shield was up, or it put me lower on the hate line of people who get terror/doom lol.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-02-16 17:36:59  
I got butt hurt and left at the end of the run, jerks :P
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-16 17:59:48  
Messing around on Pil DRK/DRG Kinda loving it since the Jump timers are lower.

1466 Jump with Calad and ODD but the OAT and Jumps is pretty nice for TP gain as well with misers/chaos post update. I feel on lower tier mobs berserk and aggressor don't give me the kick I need. My TP gain is so fast /SAM Meditate get's half wasted and Sekka is the only saving grace.

Leoheart(95 Rag WAR) and Ionve (90 Ukon WAR) can vouch for me though. It did pretty well.

For teh lulz really. Jumps are a modified Torcleaver Build but with Rancor neck, windbuffet Belt, and Heafoc hands :o

Thoughts and opinions? High Jump helped a bit when Physical Shield was up, or it put me lower on the hate line of people who get terror/doom lol.

how is the acc in that set vs T6?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-16 18:12:07  
Not much T6 action going on here atm. I did Ig Alima but it was on WAR. accuracy was pretty iffy with Adaman Hauberk, +2 Hands/Feet/Fire Bomblet/Aggressor. So I am assuming it wouldn't work too great with that particular build. Though you can always change Bale+2 to Ace's Mail and Ace's Hose to Jingang/Homam Pants.

Until the Diabolic Eye update comes accuracy is an issue on certain things. DE just gets me killed from random AGAs way too much. So i just adjust my gear.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-16 18:18:58  
ya i was thinking that aces/ogiers body with ogiers legs and ryuga feet would be better.. i mean thats up to 60 acc over ur set. thats keeping same STP. if needed i would drop pole strap for rose ( i know u dont got) and use mars over tyrant. but thats a shittone of acc >.> wonder what that would parse at (curious because i need to start gearing drk) lol

Edit also adaberk but i dont have that and that seems harder to obtain..
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-16 18:28:09  
ya i was thinking that aces/ogiers body with ogiers legs and ryuga feet would be better.. i mean thats up to 60 acc over ur set. thats keeping same STP. if needed i would drop pole strap for rose ( i know u dont got) and use mars over tyrant. but thats a shittone of acc >.> wonder what that would parse at (curious because i need to start gearing drk) lol

Edit also adaberk but i dont have that and that seems harder to obtain..

After cranking a Jump for 1.4k I wanna *** with DRG sub on my Ukon WAR for some crap fight <_>; Mighty Strikes, ODD Proc, and warriors charge lol..

Regarding Acc I'd wear what was needed really.

You can always go with this if you sub DRG for some reason
the 7 hit shouldn't be bad with a Regain atma and temp item.

I use this acc set up for /WAR and /SAM atm.

It gives me a 6 hit /SAM
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-16 21:01:55  
Sorry for the bump, for my accuracy build I use for /SAM and /WAR would I be better off rocking Zelus and Bale+2 Pants for capped haste? I only ask this because of the OaT Gsword. I'm kinda leaning toward the Bale Head/Jingang combo because of a 1 haste difference and I can even throw on a sniper ring+1 as opposed to needing a blitz ring for the Zelus/+2 Pants build.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-02-21 19:32:22  
Shorter jump timer actually puts Jumps ahead of Meditate in terms of TP gain over time when you've got an OAT or 2-4 weapon and 6- or 5-hit, plus as before you're dealing damage with them too. Wyvern Earring opens up a ton of gear choices, even 5/5 Bale +2 for lulz, but I'd probably look towards Aurum/Askar/Adaberk STP body and try to get back to 6-hit with it.