New Star Trek Movie...pretty Good, Actually ^^

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » New Star Trek movie...pretty good, actually ^^
New Star Trek movie...pretty good, actually ^^
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-08 00:56:20  
Just got back from seeing it, it was packed as to be expected; I got there 1.5 hours ahead of time and was still pretty far back in the line, which I didn't expect, but whatever :)

Anyways, I'm not going to give away any spoilers, (unless you really really want me to) but I did wanna say that I was pleasantly surprised. They reconciled the "new" version of Trek with what we're familiar with of the original series pretty well, much better then I expected (TBH, I expected the typical "all that other ***, oh yeah, that never happened" type of thing. Glad I was wrong.)

So yeah, plenty of action, good amount of humor. The characterizations were pretty good from the new guys, particularly McCoy, that guy was fantastic. The non-trekkies seemed to be enjoying it as much as the die hard fans, and I'd definitely recommend seeing it in the theaters; previous knowledge of the show and movies isn't really necessary, it stands well on it's own. There wasn't a lot of technobabble, which I think helped it be appreciated more widely. Also, the effects and such were TOP NOTCH...blew everything I'd seen in prior Star Trek stuff to this point away. ^^

Unless you really just can not stand Star Trek, give it a chance :D
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-08 00:58:21  
LIAR!
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-08 01:00:00  
Ludoggy said:
LIAR!

Have you seen it yet, Lu? Or just playing devil's advocate here? ^^
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-08 01:01:44  
As much as I hate star trek, and think that trekkies are the worlds biggest geeks, the trailer for this movie looked pretty damn cool

/conflicted
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-08 01:02:25  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Ludoggy said:
LIAR!

Have you seen it yet, Lu? Or just playing devil's advocate here? ^^

the second choise.
it looks to actiony and not nerdy enough to be star treck...
 Cerberus.Savannah
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-05-08 01:03:07  
LAME!

I dont know how ppl can sit there and watch that >.<
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-08 01:07:45  
Blazza said:
As much as I hate star trek, and think that trekkies are the worlds biggest geeks, the trailer for this movie looked pretty damn cool

/conflicted

Just see it, wait for a matinee or something...if anything, it's a good sci-fi flick outside of the Star Trek thing. ^^

Ludoggy said:
it looks to actiony and not nerdy enough to be star treck...

It is pretty actiony...much more so then other Trek films. But good none the less. As a hardcore trek nerd, I expected to be let down by this, but like I said, I was surprised ^^
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-08 01:09:09  
Savannah said:
LAME!

I dont know how ppl can sit there and watch that >.<

LOL, as we all sit here commiserating over camping HNMs and doing the same tired endgame ***night after night ^^
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-08 01:12:46  
i can't wait to see it.

It isn't released in Japan until after I leave, so I'm going to watch it as soon as I get back home.
 Cerberus.Savannah
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-05-08 01:13:39  
I fall asleep so fast to those things....ugh i'm sry >.<
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-08 01:15:24  
Savannah said:
I fall asleep so fast to those things....ugh i'm sry >.<

Oh no worries, I know it's not for everyone, but really...don't base your opinion of it on the other films. This one is a lot different, and much more appealing to a wide audience. The peeps I went to see it with are familiar with Trek, but most definitely not trekkies...and they loved it ^^
 Ifrit.Jurai
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-05-08 01:28:59  
I haven't seen the 'new trailer' for it.. just the very first one with it just showing shots of the Enterprise (I guess that was the 'teaser'?).. Being a big ST fan I didn't want to have my opinion of it skewed before I even saw it.. can't wait! ><
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-08 01:52:34
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

weeeeeeee

I Haven't watch a good movie in a long time o.o

ontop of that a Star Trek movie O.O damn been a long time I haven't heard that name xD

all the times I watched the series, can't wait!!

off topic: Which was your favorite Star trek series? Mine was Voyager =o