フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » Hiatus
Hiatus
First Page 2 3
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2012-02-22 18:19:54  
At Scragg's direction, I will be taking a break from being a mod.
[+]
By volkom 2012-02-22 18:21:30  
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-22 19:21:17  
We appreciate the years you've dedicated for us Krizz performing an outstanding service as one of our Moderators. Thank you for everything you've done for us, and being here to keep the forums enjoyable for everyone with the crazy hours required. There was never a day that went by where we didn't need you, and I am very thankful that you were here for us to help keep this site running as great as it has over these years.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kelyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Yummee
By Fenrir.Kelyn 2012-02-22 19:23:48  
Woot! Now you can play FFXI 24/7. Congratulations!
 Bismarck.Markas
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-02-22 19:23:49  
says hes taking a break, should be back though.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2012-02-22 19:35:36  
This is no good. Now it'll be harder to find Pics that make you LOL cause it's not green. >.>

Anyways, take it easy. Hope it's not for to long. :P
[+]
 Hades.Cheyne
サーバ: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2012-02-22 19:36:58  
At first I thought this was a FFXI quitting thread because it wasn't green.

Either way try to enjoy your break Krizz!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-02-22 20:51:50  
that wasnt even directed in a bad way |:
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-02-22 21:22:28  
Now the Pics that make you LOL isn't green font.... How am i pose to find that?
[+]
 Bahamut.Nixak
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2012-02-22 23:00:12  
With Krizz gone I give FFXIAH a week before it loses its google ads again.
[+]
 Bahamut.Itze
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2012-02-22 23:01:37  
Does that mean my other character can get it's forum rights back :3c?
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-22 23:05:09  
I'm sorry but I find it pretty insulting to the other mods that people insinuate that they are incapable of doing their job. I'm sure they can keep things clean, as far as profanity filtering photos and defusing arguments that have come down to nothing but personal attacks.

Im sure they are already looking for a new mod. Hopefully its someone that wont stifle discussion just because people get passionate about what they are arguing. Heated debates will happen, but it's not really fair to just topic ban one person while the other can keeps spewing what they wish.
[+]
 Odin.Gosuapple
サーバ: Odin
user: gosuapple
By Odin.Gosuapple 2012-02-22 23:05:46  
I vote Krizz maintain admin rights and just not actively do anything because dammit I want my green font on pics that make you lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-02-22 23:25:25  
Sylph.Kimble said: »
I'm sorry but I find it pretty insulting to the other mods that people insinuate that they are incapable of doing their job. I'm sure they can keep things clean, as far as profanity filtering photos and defusing arguments that have come down to nothing but personal attacks.

Im sure they are already looking for a new mod. Hopefully its someone that wont stifle discussion just because people get passionate about what they are arguing. Heated debates will happen, but it's not really fair to just topic ban one person while the other can keeps spewing what they wish.

Wouldn't that be the same as placing all of the fault on Krizz? Unless there's some kind of database that you use to track all of it, then you're just basing all that on the memory of your personal experiences or other people whining. Not sure that's a good method.

Or is it because he's willing to 1. ask people to settle down, 2. warn people, 3. give them chances to play nice instead of simply banning someone from a thread that he gets all of the negative attention?

Not saying that the decision is "bad," but ***, if people wanna give a guy some love and credit, let them.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-22 23:29:25  
I have seen other mods do the same as well. Although I believe they show much better judgement on when they need to get involved when a debate turns into a pissing contest.

Again, its insulting to say that other mods don't do what they need to do and only one of them did.

People can give him credit if they wish, but it shouldn't be at the expense of other mods by making it seem like hes the only one that did his job.
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
サーバ: Asura
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-02-22 23:30:12  
Fenrir.Terminus said: »

Wouldn't that be the same as placing all of the fault on Krizz? Unless there's some kind of database that you use to track all of it, then you're just basing all that on the memory of your personal experiences or other people whining. Not sure that's a good method.

Or is it because he's willing to 1. ask people to settle down, 2. warn people, 3. give them chances to play nice instead of simply banning someone from a thread that he gets all of the negative attention?

Not saying that the decision is "bad," but ***, if people wanna give a guy some love and credit, let them.

normally other mods will be reasonable
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2012-02-22 23:31:44  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
We appreciate the years you've dedicated for us Krizz performing an outstanding service as one of our Moderators. Thank you for everything you've done for us, and being here to keep the forums enjoyable for everyone with the crazy hours required. There was never a day that went by where we didn't need you, and I am very thankful that you were here for us to help keep this site running as great as it has over these years.
This is giving love and credit.

Bahamut.Nixak said: »
With Krizz gone I give FFXIAH a week before it loses its google ads again.
This is not.
[+]
VIP
By alyria 2012-02-22 23:34:54  
I have seen other mods do the same as well. Although I believe they show much better judgement on when they need to get involved when a debate turns into a pissing contest.

Again, its insulting to say that other mods don't do what they need to do and only one of them did.

That I disagree.

Me and Anye try our best to be here as much as we can. We didn't post out as much but instead PM the poster. We do our jobs and some of us yes are more judging and can be reasonable if the poster works with us in the rules. We enforce the rules just like he did. If we miss one or a few, another mod can catch it. I am not on here 24/7 and I wish to be in bed right now but I choose to stay up a bit longer to watch.

If you work with me or a mod, the better the outcome. I know many here have had a PM from me and from Anye.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-22 23:39:15  
Aly Saxena said: »
We enforce the rules just like he did.
Honest question, is this politics or do you really call what he did simple enforcement? Interception of PMs, deletion of old posts with no questionable content, questionable use of topicbanning, etc.

The sheer volume of crap that has come about as a result of the moderation that has occured in the past few months needs to be properly and openly addressed. I'm still not sure how that thread Krizz posted with Jaerik's criteria for a mod didn't incite a massive shitstorm to follow the one that had just ended (not to say that was/would have been Krizz's fault).
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-22 23:48:24  
I got banned for three *** weeks for telling the man to grow up. He was on a glorified power trip, while he wasn't always a bad moderator, he was not fit for the job. I don't see a capable moderator of any community as having the need to skew facts, use only evidence that he deems fit, and very clearly harbor certain people above others in his regime of "justice".
[+]
 Sylph.Iraphine
user: Iraphine
By Sylph.Iraphine 2012-02-22 23:49:07  
Ramuh.Krizz said: »
At Scragg's direction, I will be taking a break from being a mod.

All the best Krizz, I know perfectly well the trials and tribulations that come with modship to a popular community forum such as this, you simply can't please everyone.

Enforcing order constantly and raking through post after post to ensure rules are being met, is very time consuming, and I am sure we all in one way shape or form appreciate your work with ffxiAH.

~Cheers
 Gilgamesh.Nynja
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: NynJa
By Gilgamesh.Nynja 2012-02-22 23:49:08  
So these forums are going to be good again? lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2012-02-22 23:49:39  
Interception of PMs?
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-22 23:51:45  

That I disagree.

Me and Anye try our best to be here as much as we can. We didn't post out as much but instead PM the poster. We do our jobs and some of us yes are more judging and can be reasonable if the poster works with us in the rules. We enforce the rules just like he did. If we miss one or a few, another mod can catch it. I am not on here 24/7 and I wish to be in bed right now but I choose to stay up a bit longer to watch.

If you work with me or a mod, the better the outcome. I know many here have had a PM from me and from Anye.

Pretty much what I mean. I've seen you and Anye actually try and work with people, and not just out right delete their posts that have good info in it and other things he did.

Part of it has to do with I'm sure that most posters here have more respect for you and Anye than they did for Krizz.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-22 23:52:34  
I knew this thread would turn sour quick. I almost posted early to say it would... but oh well.
 Alexander.Carrelo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2012-02-22 23:52:43  
Gilgamesh.Nynja said: »
So these forums are going to be good again? lol
Oh goodness I hope not everyone is thinking this way.

I wonder how many people think this gives them free license to run completely wild and once again incur the wrath of google ads. <__< This should be interesting. D:
VIP
By alyria 2012-02-22 23:53:54  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I got banned for three *** weeks for telling the man to grow up. He was on a glorified power trip, while he wasn't always a bad moderator, he was not fit for the job.

Well...do you see why you were?

That's like telling your teacher to F off and not get a consequence for what you did. Basically undermining an authority can get you in trouble. And yes 3 weeks was too long. (If any know that you got tempbanned, make sure you PM one of us if you know its been a week.)

When I started out as a mod, many thought and some still do think I am on a power trip *stares*.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-22 23:54:16  
A moderator being stripped of power (temporarily or not) isn't grounds for anarchy, it's simply a harbinger for a more fair justice system (so to speak).

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I got banned for three *** weeks for telling the man to grow up. He was on a glorified power trip, while he wasn't always a bad moderator, he was not fit for the job.

Well...do you see why you were?

That's like telling your teacher to F off and not get a consequence for what you did. Basically undermining an authority can get you in trouble.

When I started out as a mod, many thought and some still do think I am on a power trip *stares*.

Yes, telling him to grow up is exactly like telling my professor to f off. His moderation powers should not exempt him from being called out on his ***. Fascism is a very flawed method of Government, and I do hope that you are not implying that that's what we should treat FFXIAH's moderation system as.
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
サーバ: Asura
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-02-22 23:54:17  
I think you should give some of the posters more credit :|

I don't like it when people think we need to be guided and held by our hands or we'll some how end up shitting the whole place up :/
[+]
First Page 2 3