フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » Hiatus
Hiatus
 Gilgamesh.Nynja
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Gilgamesh.Nynja 2012-02-23 00:09:20  
Asura.Elvaton said: »
To be honest if said person was banned for breaking the rules its their own fault in the first place. Next time dont break the rules and you wont have to worry about getting your ban lifted. (Not trying to start a s*** storm just saying)
I'm sure you've never jay-walked or ran a stop sign or anything Mr perfect (Not trying to start a s*** storm just saying)
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-02-23 00:09:35  
Alexander.Carrelo said: »
Gilgamesh.Nynja said: »
Alexander.Carrelo said: »
Gilgamesh.Nynja said: »
So these forums are going to be good again? lol
Oh goodness I hope not everyone is thinking this way.

I wonder how many people think this gives them free license to run completely wild and once again incur the wrath of google ads. <__< This should be interesting. D:
I have 20 posts in like 5 years, so no, dont expect that from me...however the horror stories of how Krizz would delete anything and everything, and probably was in a couple peoples pockets, are widespread.
I'm just afraid someone who's only been posting since after Krizz became such a visible mod decides this is their big chance to give Aly and Anye a headache. XD

*Evil Grin* ;D
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2012-02-23 00:09:55  
Fenrir.Niniann said: »
Aly Saxena said: »
And yes 3 weeks was too long. (If any know that you got tempbanned, make sure you PM one of us if you know its been a week.)

Someone, who I won't name, was tempbanned....

...and then had their ability to PM removed so they couldn't talk to anyone about it. I believe they were temp'd for two months? It has since been resolved (today actually), but my point still remains.
To be honest if said person was banned for breaking the rules its their own fault in the first place. Next time dont break the rules and you wont have to worry about getting your ban lifted. (Not trying to start a s*** storm just saying)

You don't see any of the perfectly legitimate questions/comments made because they're deleted right away.

I've spoken up a bit more about the moderation and I was one of the people to PM an admin about it.

That being said, this shouldn't be an open opportunity to bash Krizz. That's just low.
[+]
VIP
By alyria 2012-02-23 00:10:14  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I could provide context but I'd prefer not sinking to that level. On the same day even, krizz had asked me to edit a post or two, which I complied to. A personal vendetta against me isn't a reasonable ground for three+ weeks of suspension. It wasn't even a public post, it was a PM to Krizz.

He immediately removed my PM privileges so I couldn't even defend myself or bring it to another moderator. When one of my friends attempted to help, she was threatened.

That, I find, is unacceptable.

Why not IM one of us in yahoo, aim, msn, etc. I know I leave my stuff out for people to contact me. Or have someone PM one of us for you. If I would have known, I would have worked on it to figure what was going on.

She PM'd Anye about it and was only told that I was suspended temporarily and that "moderators retain the right to remove PM privileges at any time" or something like that, I don't remember exactly. I also sent an Email to the Webmaster email address and never received a reply. Several people offered to send PMs for me but I did not accept their proposals because I knew it was meaningless at that point. I still have documentation of the exchange if it's really necessary, but I don't feel it is. If so, PM me. It's not going to be made public.

Totally understand. You are back now and thats what counts. Some havent had a privilege back. At least you were smarter than the ones who actually cuss us out over a topicban and then harass on other forms of communication.
VIP
By alyria 2012-02-23 00:11:24  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Aly, don't forget to lick this thread before you go to bed.

It's heading that way.

Omg can I molest it too

wait I'm modding! stop it!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2012-02-23 00:13:01  

It's heading that way.

Omg can I molest it too

You can molest me >:P
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-23 00:13:45  
And yes 3 weeks was too long. (If any know that you got tempbanned, make sure you PM one of us if you know its been a week.)

...and then had their ability to PM removed so they couldn't talk to anyone about it. I believe they were temp'd for two months? It has since been resolved (today actually), but my point still remains.
That argument only works if you assume the offense warranted the subsequent punishment. Even then, do you really expect a large community of human beings to just... behave? Because I've got a very large body of evidence that says that's not happening. Rulebreaking is a form of risky behavior. Animals of all kinds will take risks when they think the potential rewards are worthwhile. For your assertion to be reasonable, that behavior pattern would have to be nonexistent within humans, in which case we wouldn't even need these rules or moderation to begin with.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-23 00:14:00  
Aside from one person, I don't really see anyone bashing Krizz.

Criticism doesn't necessarily equal bashing.
[+]
 Asura.Elvaton
サーバ: Asura
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2012-02-23 00:14:02  

You don't know the situation, lol. They were basically threatened, and retaliated. They shouldn't have been temp-banned for that long, and they DEFINITELY shouldn't have had their PM privileges taken away since they weren't harassing anyone.
No i do not know the situation i am speaking from what i know of the situation (which mine as well be little to nothing). If they were actually breaking the rules then i do believe its their own fault and they can deal with it. If not then yea its messed up.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-23 00:15:54  

You don't know the situation, lol. They were basically threatened, and retaliated. They shouldn't have been temp-banned for that long, and they DEFINITELY shouldn't have had their PM privileges taken away since they weren't harassing anyone.
No i do not know the situation i am speaking from what i know of the situation (which mine as well be little to nothing). If they were actually breaking the rules then i do believe its their own fault and they can deal with it. If not then yea its messed up.

The whole point is that in many cases, moderation power was over- or misused, otherwise there would be no issues with krizz being a moderator.

I have better things to do with my time than sit here and hate on an internet forum's moderator for jollies.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2012-02-23 00:16:29  
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2012-02-23 00:16:31  
I would like to hear from an Admin about this now.
[+]
VIP
By alyria 2012-02-23 00:17:23  

It's heading that way.

Omg can I molest it too

You can molest me >:P

Anyways, even though Krizz is on hiatus. Rules still stand, nothing changes on following the rules. Common sense and use your judgement when posting a pic, video, or response.

You guys make the community.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-02-23 00:17:31  
I think to say that everything is going to fall to anarchy is to really pee on the users and the mods with one fell swing. The adjustment period is over, and I daresay that it was rather successful. Now we have a profanity-filter, anyways, which I'd imagine lightens the load.

And really, now that we understand the effects of how the community was back then, I feel as though we can safely say that there has been a massive shift in the community, in general, for the better. If you want proof, look in the fact that the past few hot debate topics (at least the ones I read) managed to have the users diffuse rising tensions and keep themselves better in check.

It can, perhaps, be said that the website has matured a little bit. Perhaps there was a time where it was like the 11 year old that discovers CoD and XBL for the first time, but now I'd say it's a sixteen year old that only really gets ugly when it's pissed beyond belief.

We have a good mod and admin staff, and generally, a good user base. We won't see anarchy, not by a long shot.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-02-23 00:20:09  
Without condemning or condoning, I will say that Krizz taking a break is likely to be mutual to the forum as well as beneficial for the tolls general moderation takes.
As Jaerik has noted, he picked his moderators accordingly to the ever-changing needs of the site and keeping advertisers happy so we can have a place to obtain information and post in the first place. Krizz was indeed a hardass, but for the time of his position was warranted with how out of hand things were, while Anye and Aly tended to be softer in terms of enforcement and leniency.
However, I will say that it is good that posters and moderators can openly discuss the direction and policy of rule enforcement to a steadfast and mutual level with minimum censorship. As we're all painfully aware, that was perhaps the biggest issue we had with Krizz and in some cases still have. I think Krizz can still make a good mod, however, both he and the community need to remain open on what is okay to do and what is not and how it goes about being addressed.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2012-02-23 00:21:18  
Something something deleting posts in "Pics that make you LOL" for having too much text or something. No offense, but it seemed like the rate at which threads/post deletions and topicbans were being dished out was excessively high for awhile there. As far as people openly discussing their incidents, it's a more tangible aspect to what's been going on with so much negative feedback, in my opinion.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-23 00:23:25  
Artemicion said: »
Without condemning or condoning, I will say that Krizz taking a break is likely to be mutual to the forum as well as beneficial for the tolls general moderation takes.
As Jaerik has noted, he picked his moderators accordingly to the ever-changing needs of the site and keeping advertisers happy so we can have a place to obtain information and post in the first place. Krizz was indeed a hardass, but for the time of his position was warranted with how out of hand things were, while Anye and Aly tended to be softer in terms of enforcement and leniency.
However, I will say that it is good that posters and moderators can openly discuss the direction and policy of rule enforcement to a steadfast and mutual level with minimum censorship. As we're all painfully aware, that was perhaps the biggest issue we had with Krizz and in some cases still have. I think Krizz can still make a good mod, however, both he and the community need to remain open on what is okay to do and what is not and how it goes about being addressed.

If the glaring issues were addressed, I'd be fine with krizz retaining moderator status as I'm sure most others would be. However, in the words of the great Jim Lahey, "a ***leopard can't change its spots".
 Bismarck.Markas
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-02-23 00:25:08  
Fenrir.Solanis said: »

[deleted by Alyria]
here we go...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-23 00:26:53  
For future reference, bringing a post like that to the current page does nothing to quell any potential arguments.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-02-23 00:28:36  
I think a big part of things running smoothly around here for the past few months is due in part to a handful of extremely disruptive personalities who were ejected.

Was Krizz heavy handed with the moderation, and the deletions? Yeah. I think that is the general sentiment. However give the guy credit where it is due. The role he played with showing that disruptive group the door made the overall vibe here better.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Kdizzle
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Kdizzle
By Gilgamesh.Kdizzle 2012-02-23 00:29:04  
heard aly was molesting people again.... where do we sign up? <3 aly
[+]
 Bismarck.Markas
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-02-23 00:29:44  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
For future reference, bringing a post like that to the current page does nothing to quell any potential arguments.
when i quoted it i thought we were still on the same page, i didnt expect this thread to be so lively. so my bad.
VIP
By alyria 2012-02-23 00:30:53  
Gilgamesh.Kdizzle said: »
heard aly was molesting people again.... where do we sign up? <3 aly

*wink* <3
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2012-02-23 00:31:46  
On a final note I'll say this:

I hope Krizz takes this opportunity to take some time off from everything.

Maybe a nice vacation to somewhere like Hawaii.

Even a nice soak in a hot tub can do wonders for stress.

Take some time to reflect, etc. and then come back ready to perform his duties to the community.

Hopefully it won't take him too long, maybe a week at most.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-23 00:34:13  
Perhaps posts were deleted, but the "Probably still a sensitive subject.." I think was a good example of Krizz banning someone from a topic just because they had a difference of opinion, as I saw no personal attacks taking place there.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-02-23 00:35:30  
I've been watching too much Sons of Anarchy. I played this whole thing out in my head with Jaerik as Wayne Unser and Krizz as David Hale lol.
But I suppose that's a fair contrast as one works relentlessly to stop any wrongdoing regardless of the risk, cost, or consequence of liberty for the community. While the other takes the big picture into consideration and works with outlaws to maintain a mutual peace for everyone while keeping unnecessary clashes between user and authority to a minimum.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-23 00:35:52  
This thread seems overkill for a week-long break. We're talking in the months range at least. No reason to revoke his mod status otherwise. If this forum follows most common forum norms, he wouldn't even need his mod status revoked in order to remove his mod abilities, leaving things a comfortable normal while they worked in-house issues out. No, I'd say this is a conclusion to something, with room for change in the relatively near future.
[+]
 Asura.Elvaton
サーバ: Asura
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2012-02-23 00:43:18  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
This thread seems overkill for a week-long break. We're talking in the months range at least. No reason to revoke his mod status otherwise. If this forum follows most common forum norms, he wouldn't even need his mod status revoked in order to remove his mod abilities, leaving things a comfortable normal while they worked in-house issues out. No, I'd say this is a conclusion to something, with room for change in the relatively near future.

this is what i thought of reading your post
VIP
By alyria 2012-02-23 00:48:28  
Well I am going to lock this for now, gonna let admins/mod read it and if Scragg or Jaerik want to reply they will open and post.

So for now please work with us, the rules still stand and PM us if there is anything.
[+]