フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Where Apoc's Lore =/
Where Apoc's Lore =/
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-27 20:23:41  
First of all, like everyone else im sure you are all disappointed in the Relic weapons stories. A 1 minute CS does us no justice. and they should of made the 99 trial fighting the original wielder of the Weapons. (With of course farming some key item to enter battlefield) and have it add more story to them.

But anyways does anyone know if the original owner of apoc.. "Fonove" is seen in the past? you see a lot of the other relics owners, i was curious why there is no mention of Fonove?

Also i wish Zeid played a bigger role in Drks story. or if they would of added story to relic/emp gear. u got story for artifact....

Sadly i know this will not happen. but im sure there are others like me who wish that each jobs Story didnt end at 60... Maybe we can ask the Devs to look into it? (yes i know Lol Ffxi Story Lulz I Just want big numbers)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-28 01:05:41  
i would love it as well, i just want more "Job specific" story. =/ and story with relics! and idk what mythic entails.

but i like how with emps they just didn't even bother with a lore. its just like "hey this thing is strong,... it came from a moogle merry xmas"
By Blazed1979 2012-02-28 01:30:00  
The best lore / background around the relic weapons can be found surrounding Mandau and Excalibur.

Don't know if you've finished WoTG yet, so I won't post any spoilers.
(Just a hint - if you've recently done the Lv.96 cap fight against Atori-Tutori, and all the black belt quests, you would enjoy WoTG because his younger brother is in it)

Do the WoTG missions if you enjoy a good plot. There are more dimensions added to existing FFXI universe with that expansion.
I think WoTG was probably the single best FF storyline ever and there's plenty of lore involved, and some of it covers the relic weapons and indeed their original users and how they came to exist.

This was kinda disappointing for me though.I had always thought of relic weapons being Hundreds, if not thousands, of years old.

calling something that is 20 years old a relic is inaccurate. That would make me, 32 y/o, a relic+2.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-28 01:40:42  
Ya i did WoTG, i forgot about that taru lol. and ua i just wish they didn't half *** it. every relic should of been in WoTG. and a quest for each of the relics.

if you had apoc equipped and talked to fonove then it would start some story quest. it would of been nice to have that.
 Sylph.Deathknight
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Deathknight 2012-02-28 01:51:12  
Blazed1979 said: »
This was kinda disappointing for me though.I had always thought of relic weapons being Hundreds, if not thousands, of years old.

calling something that is 20 years old a relic is inaccurate. That would make me, 32 y/o, a relic+2.

I remember when this came out

This would likely be a more relevant citation for the relics' age rather than wotg characters, as they are potentially just the new wielders (unless they are messing with previous storyline as they sometimes enjoy doing). The first date listed is 11/28/862 CE and my game clock is kicking out 9/8/1143 CE, which would leave -280 years for their age.
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-28 02:19:11  
ty for that it was great. is there more? also it looks like relics really are old... just passed down, like they were to us. makes sense. good story
By Gimpness 2012-02-28 02:34:21  
wonder how long it'll take for the game date to catch up with RL date lol.

:X WHO WANTS TO DO MATH?!
 Cerberus.Irohuro
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2012-02-28 02:38:02  
Sylph.Deathknight said: »

This would likely be a more relevant citation for the relics' age rather than wotg characters, as they are potentially just the new wielders (unless they are messing with previous storyline as they sometimes enjoy doing). The first date listed is 11/28/862 CE and my game clock is kicking out 9/8/1143 CE, which would leave -280 years for their age.

the thing is, the game clock really has no bearing on the storylines, if it did, then the crystal war would be a few hundred in the past, and not 20 like everyone refers to
By Gimpness 2012-02-28 02:44:46  
Cerberus.Irohuro said: »

the thing is, the game clock really has no bearing on the storylines, if it did, then the crystal war would be a few hundred in the past, and not 20 like everyone refers to

It's really too bad it doesn't. Would have made the game look a little better :p.

Granted, I don't think FFXI'll be topped for a while, this game was/is very well put together.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2012-02-28 03:07:37  
I think WoTG was probably the single best FF storyline ever
Really? Not just "best FFXI" but "best FF"? Seems a bit of an exxageration to me.

Tbh I liked the initial start of WotG, which is divided into 4 main plotlines, a main story one and 3 more for each of the cities.
It just gets lost sometimes towards the end, because of lame time paradoxes and other stuff.
It's really hard to handle time-related items inside a story, and WotG clearly showed that the plot-writer wasn't very good with it, imho.

Also, there's a lack of "cohesion" between the 4 different parts of the story, you would assume there should have been more links than the ones there are. Sometimes they just feel as completely unlinked things.

And also, another thing that disappointed me a bit is the fact that they kinda "missed a chance" to show us a lot of fantastic stuff of the FFXI lore, like more Crystal War (how much do we actually see? Not a lot for sure... less than many of us expected) and there are several things that just do not work.
For example we move like 20 years in the past, yet the world is so different it feels like 200 years.
And wanna talk about NPCs who go completely out of character in some parts of the story?

Imho WotG started the good way but wasted a good chance to do something awesome and eventually lost itself along the way.
Best FFXI plot still is CoP imho, even if in some parts of the story it's told to us (the players) in a confusing way.
You can still clearly see that expansions like RotZ and CoP were planned since before the game actually came out on the market, while stuff like ToAU or WotG got added later.
You can feel it, and it's not a good feeling imho.

Anyway, getting back IT to Relic owners, no luck for Apoc but for many other Relics they are NPCs you can meet in Campaign as Freelancers, and talk to them (or recruit them) in Cities etc :)
 Shiva.Schatzie
サーバ: Shiva
user: itemset
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-02-28 04:21:49  
pretty sure thats because wotg had 2 different teams writing both halves from what i heard. FFXIV stole the team that was working on WOTG is the info round the rumor barn, give or take.
 Asura.Arkanethered
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2012-02-28 06:44:20  
It really is a shame that relics never got a more interesting storyline... Granted the small CS that we did get were pretty exciting. (When you worked 2 years for a relic, not 2 months.)...

I think that might be the reason that they don't have an interesting storyline. Originally they were not intended for everyone to have, so what is the point of in depth content that only a fragment of the population would be able to access. (Original plans... Not muslum spam a pearl bst through three months of dynamis have have one.)

Would have been epic if they had though. Would have loved fighting my Apoc solo for the ability to wield it.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-02-28 07:03:25  
I should've been a ginger char since ragnarok eats at your soul
[+]
 Ragnarok.Unctgtg
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Dbill
By Ragnarok.Unctgtg 2012-02-28 07:07:07  
Hey Arkanethered how are you coming on your 99?
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2012-02-28 07:38:06  
It would have been nice if they had added something like the job upgrades from the original NES Final Fantasy. That would have added some decent meat to the job stories. Of course, it would have changed alot of things also, but with good writing (which FFXI's current staff is NOT capable of) it could have been pulled off.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-28 11:36:19  
All I know is that Noillurie is a vapid tart and I am incredibly dissapointed in Amanomurakumo's having consented to hang with her.

She seems pretty cool on the surface, but the Sandy/WOTG missions reveal her to be awfully emo and kinda weird to boot.

SHE should have had Apoc, imo. She does kinda fit the weird emo/lurker/etc. drk stereotype.
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-28 11:42:51  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
All I know is that Noillurie is a vapid tart and I am incredibly dissapointed in Amanomurakumo's having consented to hang with her.

She seems pretty cool on the surface, but the Sandy/WOTG missions reveal her to be awfully emo and kinda weird to boot.

SHE should have had Apoc, imo. She does kinda fit the weird emo/lurker/etc. drk stereotype.

She did seem emo, but not her fault she was in love with someone who didnt love her back =/
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-28 11:46:59  
Ehhhh....

Fair enough, I guess. Still doesn't leave me as impressed as I'd liked to have been by my weapon's prior owner.

Hopefully Yoichi's is better. And hopefully I find out before too awful long here! :x
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-28 11:51:16  
Ya. idk she did some mean dmg in some CS lol. but im just disappointed that A. our weapons dont speak to us. and B. i dont get to see fonove in game D: SE needs to rethink this :O
 Ragnarok.Returner
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-02-28 11:54:32  
At least I can see Ragnarok owner from time to time in Campaign and in Sandy(S). Tho he doesn't have Rangarok yet and uses drain sword and shield.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-28 12:00:34  
Ragnarok.Returner said: »
At least I can see Ragnarok owner from time to time in Campaign and in Sandy(S). Tho he doesn't have Rangarok yet and uses drain sword and shield.

They should of gave him ragnarok D: i mean i would assume he got it during the war...
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-28 12:02:44  
I was thinking they were going to give the 99 relics some of the campaigny WS.

Also, I hate reading that hydra corps letter as much now as I did back then. Poor taru T.T
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-28 12:03:48  
Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
Ya. idk she did some mean dmg in some CS lol. but im just disappointed that A. our weapons dont speak to us. and B. i dont get to see fonove in game D: SE needs to rethink this :O

Hey...uh...your weapon doesn't speak to you?

I mean yeah. Yeah, sure. That's dissapointing our weapons don't speak to us. Never a peep. Totally!
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-28 12:11:49  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Leviathan.Phenomena said: »

Hey...uh...your weapon doesn't speak to you?

I mean yeah. Yeah, sure. That's dissapointing our weapons don't speak to us. Never a peep. Totally!

lol.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2012-02-28 12:35:32  
I like the quests associated with Zeid like the greatsword upgrade and such. Hey, maybe if I trade him my apoc he gives me a quest to get a different scythe.

I think Zeid deserves an apoc by now.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-28 13:03:24  
Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
I like the quests associated with Zeid like the greatsword upgrade and such. Hey, maybe if I trade him my apoc he gives me a quest to get a different scythe. I think Zeid deserves an apoc by now.

Forget Zeid and his great sword.

Iron Eater and Great Axe are where it's at when it comes to Galka.

IE is my favorite galka ever. Dude's a badass. He's actually my favorite pre-CoP NPC, I think. Or at least high in the running.
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2012-02-28 13:36:10  
Would be nice yes (please note I'm not saying that just cause Zeid is my favorite charater) Though the storyline in the past did feature him it still wasn't really enough, since I think its probly not even our past, since a few charaters seem to just vanish & be forgotten about.

Klara (at least in the Tribune) was not mentioned as Captain during the crystal war, I think it vaguely mentions Volker or Zeid, nor mentioned by ANYONE in the storyline. I don't think she had a lot of fans anyway ;p Stealing Elvira's hairstyle and trying to take my galka...jk jk jk and all

Lehko (Spoilers just in case)

But of all relic storyline I like Guttler's the most, seems a little more fitting for Dark Knights or Warriors then Beastmasters but it dose make sense in a way...
"Guttler! I thought I told ya to be qui-- oh don't mind me heheh!" "Blood blood! need more blood! break bones tear flesh! me need more blood, master!"

oh and for other missing characters from the past besides 1 CS is the Mithra drg with Gungir she's not a freelance ether ;;

Sorry for going a little off topic.
By Blazed1979 2012-02-28 13:55:00  

Wow I remember this issue. Kinda makes you feel sorry for the poor little taru.
However, in WoTG storyline, when Ragelise presents his plan to the allied altana forces, he says "meet the hydra corps" etc.
Maximillian says "so the rumors are true. I had heard that the best weapon forgers had been gathered to produce top secret weapons"
if you go by that, the relics were created during the war. However, like you said, it wouldn't be the first time SE messed up their own story line.

EDIT: ok , tbh tutori-Attori's letter actually made me feel like going into Beaucedine and finding him. After I did WoTG i just didn't have it in me to go into dyna-beauc and kill Hydra =/.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-28 14:45:11  
Ya or like the goblin they just fixed them. touched them up, sharpened them. gave them their glow back. but idk lol
First Page 2