Suggestions For Quietus DD Sets

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Suggestions for Quietus DD sets
Suggestions for Quietus DD sets
By TiSona124 2012-03-31 16:36:03  
HELLO ALL! I'm starting this post in hopes 2 find new/better ways 2 dish out the DD with Redemption WS Quietus. Yes I know its not the most liked or prefered scythe or ws of all drks, but imo i believe it is still "one" of the best scythes for drks out there. Also since i have been seeing more and more drks with Redemption id like 2 help them as well.

For starters im gonna post my DD set for quietus in hopes ppl will give tips or ideas on how 2 improve the ws. Truthfully im bad with the FFXI math system so my set is basically just Capping STR and MND as best as i can. So to get things started this is my set and the average amount of dmg i deal with it.

outside of abyssea i usually hit around 1.5k-3.2k(maxed)
inside abyssea (meaning +crour buffs and atmas if it counts to some people) i usually hit around 2k-4.1k(maxed)

If anyone has a better set or would like 2 comment to help other players pleas post your ideas :D
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-03-31 16:47:46  
There's nothing wrong with Quietus as long as you're using it to trigger aftermath.

I'd swap ammo for fracus grenade (sp?). Otherwise that looks like a pretty solid set.
 Phoenix.Evildemon
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-04-01 00:15:33  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
There's nothing wrong with Quietus as long as you're using it to trigger aftermath.

After that don't use it because its weak! I use to get a good kick out of some gimp drk when I was on fenrir using it for 2k's when my gimp thf would do 2.5k-3k evis in tp gear unstacked. However if you have Entropy merited, once aftermath is up that should do some good numbers for you I generally see around 3 to 4k's with it, with a non-optimal set.
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2012-04-01 00:36:23  
What sort of sets are you using for Entropy? My Entropy's are generally piss poor in Voidwatch and I'm not exactly sure how to improve them beyond what they are doing. I'm geared for STR/Atk mostly (I'm sure it's not an accuracy issue), with a decent amount of INT, and my Quietus generally seem to hit higher in most cases.

Note: 5/5 Entropy.
 Cerberus.Detzu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-04-01 06:25:59  
TiSona124 said: »
HELLO ALL! I'm starting this post in hopes 2 find new/better ways 2 dish out the DD with Redemption WS Quietus. Yes I know its not the most liked or prefered scythe or ws of all drks, but imo i believe it is still "one" of the best scythes for drks out there. Also since i have been seeing more and more drks with Redemption id like 2 help them as well.

For starters im gonna post my DD set for quietus in hopes ppl will give tips or ideas on how 2 improve the ws. Truthfully im bad with the FFXI math system so my set is basically just Capping STR and MND as best as i can. So to get things started this is my set and the average amount of dmg i deal with it.

outside of abyssea i usually hit around 1.5k-3.2k(maxed)
inside abyssea (meaning +crour buffs and atmas if it counts to some people) i usually hit around 2k-4.1k(maxed)

If anyone has a better set or would like 2 comment to help other players pleas post your ideas :D

This set seems good enough. I think twilight mail helps in breaking 3k outside abyssea. My max is 2.8k on Pil.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-04-01 06:29:22  
Phoenix.Evildemon said: »

After that don't use it because its weak! I use to get a good kick out of some gimp drk when I was on fenrir using it for 2k's when my gimp thf would do 2.5k-3k evis in tp gear unstacked. However if you have Entropy merited, once aftermath is up that should do some good numbers for you I generally see around 3 to 4k's with it, with a non-optimal set.

You're talking about abyssea or outside?
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-04-01 06:33:29  
Sylph.Systematicchaos said: »
What sort of sets are you using for Entropy? My Entropy's are generally piss poor in Voidwatch and I'm not exactly sure how to improve them beyond what they are doing. I'm geared for STR/Atk mostly (I'm sure it's not an accuracy issue), with a decent amount of INT, and my Quietus generally seem to hit higher in most cases.

Note: 5/5 Entropy.

Use Tizona's set, just swap aqua ring with raja's or strigoi or mars'ring, replace snow belt with shadow belt or windbuffet then bale flanchard with Ogier's legs. Here is your entropy set.
By TiSona124 2012-04-01 06:58:36  
For Entropy i basicaly just replace aqua ring with Raja's ring and snow gorget/belt with soil gorget/belt but tbh when i use entropy i mainly try and combine it with Quietus for a solo darkness SC (quietus > entropy > darkness) with 300% and sekka for lvl 1 aftermath then entropy for SC and then build my tp back up to 300 for lvl 3 aftermath so usually i mainly use Quietus just to keep aftermath up after SC and then what ever 100% tp i get for the lvl 3 aftermath i just use entropy after that to try and maximize my dmg via critical hits and WS hits until aftermath wears off and then i build tp bk up to 300% again for quietus. although idk if that is a good plan or not but i find it effective enough for me

Phoenix.Evildemon said: »

i can tell u it inst bad ive hit 2k-3.2k(outside) & 3.2k-3.8k(inside) with it on a regular basis and for a 1 hit NON crit ws thats fairly decent "imo" and also if it would have been made as a 2 or 3 hit ws i could easily see it as one of the best ws's for scythe but seeing how it is only 1hit + being a non crit ws its not gonna do alot of dmg unless u buff urself tbh, from my personal use i just think quietus needs a small push to be a good dd (if not a fairly decent DD) ws. i just think it needs a push in the right direction

this is all of course all my opinion
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-04-03 16:15:24  
He's talking Abyssea, because Evis isn't gonna break 2.5k unstacked otherwise.

It's a sad moment when my Resolution does less than 4k inside Abyssea anymore. 6k is normal and it's hard to get any higher because then the mob just dies before the 5th hit. Just trying to give you some better perspective that Abyssea numbers are worthless e-peen.

Also, Quietus is STR/MND you dorks, so mentioning you have 'a decent amount of INT' in your Quietus set or building your Entropy set from a Quietus set or vice-versa is way off kilter.

Because Quietus is attack-bonused (even if it's kinda small it's still larger than Resolution's attack penalty if you have TP Bonus earring) you should be stacking pure STR and/or STR/MND pieces. Another option is to find Double/Triple attack pieces but not skimp your accuracy for those secondaries.

But yes, in the end, you're better off opening with a Sekka-Quietus-Entropy Darkness for Aftermath and decent damage, then just using Entropy with the proper Belt/Gorget. If your Quietus is outdoing your Entropy you are gimping it hard by not using fTP Bonus Belt/Gorget or you're hilariously low on attack.
By fyreus 2012-04-04 22:03:16  
Diabolos.Raelia said: »
He's talking Abyssea, because Evis isn't gonna break 2.5k unstacked otherwise.

It's a sad moment when my Resolution does less than 4k inside Abyssea anymore. 6k is normal and it's hard to get any higher because then the mob just dies before the 5th hit. Just trying to give you some better perspective that Abyssea numbers are worthless e-peen.

Also, Quietus is STR/MND you dorks, so mentioning you have 'a decent amount of INT' in your Quietus set or building your Entropy set from a Quietus set or vice-versa is way off kilter.

Because Quietus is attack-bonused (even if it's kinda small it's still larger than Resolution's attack penalty if you have TP Bonus earring) you should be stacking pure STR and/or STR/MND pieces. Another option is to find Double/Triple attack pieces but not skimp your accuracy for those secondaries.

But yes, in the end, you're better off opening with a Sekka-Quietus-Entropy Darkness for Aftermath and decent damage, then just using Entropy with the proper Belt/Gorget. If your Quietus is outdoing your Entropy you are gimping it hard by not using fTP Bonus Belt/Gorget or you're hilariously low on attack.

I believe although the OP asked for a build for a terrible WS, it was suggested that they simply build aftermath and entrophy their way to victory. iirc entrophy -> entrophy = darkness and is pretty strong therefore going with that WS = more inventory for other things.

Although i have no reason to touch a scythe nor consider emp/woe/relic/mythic scythe outside of procs/town gear i must agree with the entrophy bit after seeing it do better than quietus in random groups often from the person who appears to be scythe main. Just my 2 cents.

*edit* i forgot you need that ws to trigger aftermath... they should change it to save our parses.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-04-04 22:17:18  
There's nothing wrong with Quietus as long as you're only using it to trigger aftermath.

I'd swap ammo for fracus grenade (sp?). Otherwise that looks like a pretty solid set.

fixed my previous post. sorry for confusion.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-04-06 14:28:40  
There's nothing wrong with Quietus as long as you're only using it to trigger aftermath.

So basically that means you don't need to gear it correctly?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-04-06 14:56:57  
Cerberus.Detzu said: »
There's nothing wrong with Quietus as long as you're only using it to trigger aftermath. I'd swap ammo for fracus grenade (sp?). Otherwise that looks like a pretty solid set.

They said this:

Yes I know its not the most liked or prefered scythe or ws of all drks

but then followed it up with:

but imo i believe it is still "one" of the best scythes for drks out there.

I am not saying that Quietus shouldn't be geared properly. I actually think you have to gear it almost perfectly to even come close the the damage output you would have if you just spammed entropy with a different scythe. It makes me sad as a redemption owner, but it's true.

However, it sounded like even with the comments in the thread the OP was still entertaining the delusion that Quietus only drk could be competative with an entropy only (or entropy/quietus) drk. I was clarifying that I did not agree with that sentiment at all. All this brings us back to my original point: "use quietus to trigger AM and then entropy spam".

I could have just said:

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Resolution.
/thread
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-04-06 18:20:51  
There's nothing wrong with Quietus as long as you're only using it to trigger aftermath. I'd swap ammo for fracus grenade (sp?). Otherwise that looks like a pretty solid set.

They said this:

Yes I know its not the most liked or prefered scythe or ws of all drks

but then followed it up with:

but imo i believe it is still "one" of the best scythes for drks out there.

I am not saying that Quietus shouldn't be geared properly. I actually think you have to gear it almost perfectly to even come close the the damage output you would have if you just spammed entropy with a different scythe. It makes me sad as a redemption owner, but it's true.

However, it sounded like even with the comments in the thread the OP was still entertaining the delusion that Quietus only drk could be competative with an entropy only (or entropy/quietus) drk. I was clarifying that I did not agree with that sentiment at all. All this brings us back to my original point: "use quietus to trigger AM and then entropy spam".

I could have just said:

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Resolution.
/thread

Yeah but, because of the attack penalty and the huge accuracy you need for multihit ws, i don't know if entropy or resolution really worth it except if you are a relic owner. This is just my opinion, i'm probably wrong.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-04-06 20:36:42  

Yeah but, because of the attack penalty and the huge accuracy you need for multihit ws, i don't know if entropy or resolution really worth it except if you are a relic owner. This is just my opinion, i'm probably wrong.

Souleater with either of the merit ws is a beautiful thing. With the right gear and food, attack isn't a big issue for drk. I'm not one to make a big deal about people doing what they like (unless it's something absurd like insisting on wearing full aurore etc), but even before I finished Apoc my mannequin was rocking my redemption. I wish SE would have given DRG the defense ignoring ws and drk the scale with tp on emp.