言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » Classes » Thaumaturge » THM/BLM gear, suggestions
THM/BLM gear, suggestions
First Page 2 3
By astoy05 2012-04-10 18:42:01  
fogliagermano said: »
I'm trying to enhance BLM, does anyone know where I can find a guide for BLM? my doubts are stat cap (int-mnd-m_pot etc.), and if the elemental stats much or little influence on magic damage. I want to improve my setting: 1 for lightning combo, 2 combos for fire / flare my normal setting has about int340 m_pot480 m_acc420 (At this setting, often against Moogle Thundara hit 1000 + normal damage) my next few attempts to meld are double hat on and on main weapon or inttelligence m_acc

I was wondering about some of this too, and decided to start a new thread. General ideas about THM/BLM gear, post your gear, and anything about THM/BLM you may have read about in other forums with respect to INT vs Mag ATK, MAcc, crit rate/potency, etc etc.

From what I read in the past (and admittedly before 1.21 and jobs) was that for THM, and magic damage in general, basically for higher level mobs you want more INT and then Mag ATK, and vice versa for lower level mobs. For the purposes of my post at least, I don't know why you would be fighting mobs lower than you on any consistent basis, and if you are, you are probably killing them with Thunder->Thundara regardless of what your setup is. The data that I read showed that higher INT pushes you into a higher dmg threshold against higher lvl mobs, while Mag ATK raises the cap on your dmg within that threshold. Again this is a little dated so if anyone has any newer testing or info please post.

Also, from some other testing I saw, it seems that right now Magic Crits are not very impressive compared to melee crits. I've heard that some testing even suggests it is sort of *** up right now and may be fixed in the future. Partly for this reason, and also partly because to me it seems like if you gear yourself for Magic Crit rate +, you really skipped alot of much better options on a lot of gear slots, I don't bother much with Magic crit. The rate, or the potency.

And of course, we all know that it makes no difference what your gear is like if you get resisted. This is especially important for THM because of the bread and butter Thunder/Thundara combo. Getting thunder resisted, or partially resisted, breaks your combo and generally sucks for your dps. So, the single most important stat for dps Mages is magic accuracy. If you are getting resisted, you don't have enough, plain and simple.

So, my idea is that to be the best THM you can be, you need to have multiple pieces of gear for each slot. Macc heavy pieces you can mix and match if you can't land your bolts or sleeps, and then INT heavy pieces for otherwise.

My current THM setup for situations where Macc is not so important (i.e., darkhold/AV/CC runs - the non-boss portions, Job fights, etc):

Weapon: Lightning Brand with 2 INT IVs, +32 INT
Shield: Thalassian Targe

Head: Felt Cavalier's Hat with +20 INT IV
Body: Felt Bliaud with +16 PIETY IV
Legs: Felt Gaskins with +7 INT and MIND (just blew up my old pair getting greedy, was two III's, tried to add a II lol)
Feet: Mahog Pattens, Hell's Fist, +13 Mag ATK
Hands: Mage's
Belt: Raptorskin Satchel Belt, Touch of Serenity IV and II, -10 enmity
Rings: both Zircon +1's, 18 INT each
Neck: Spinel +1
Bracelet: Zircon +1
Earrings: whatever, didn't get Mage's yet.

For BLM, switch in the Wizard's Coat and Crackows.
For areas when on sleep duty, and for Primal/boss fights, I will use the Macc setup:

Shield: Square Ash Shield
Head: Electrum Circlet (Spinel) with Hell's Eye IIIx2, +26 Macc
Body: Felt Bliaud with +16 PIETY IV
Legs: Felt Gaskins with +7 INT and MIND
Feet: Mahog Pattens, Hell's Fist, +13 Mag ATK
Hands: Mage's
Belt: Raptorskin Satchel Belt, Touch of Serenity IV and II, -10 enmity
Rings: Two Coral Rings +1, +18 Macc each
Neck: Mage's Choker
Bracelet: Zircon +1
Earrings: bleh, no Mage

Once again, for BLM, switch in the coat and shoes

Also, always eat Buttons in a Blanket. Can be expensive at times, but you can't beat 34 Macc and 7 INT from food.

My Macc from that set, with food, is 520. I rarely get resisted on anything, and that allows me to keep using the Lightning Brand with the INT+32. I have an electrum scepter with a Hell's Eye on it, but since the patch I haven't had any problems with resists with that setup so I don't use it anymore.
By Sorrowscry 2012-04-11 13:29:10  
For feet I would use a Lightning Materia instead of Mag ATK. If you are concerned with overall dmg, make a pair of Mahog. Pattens for every element.
[+]
By ladycrim 2012-04-11 14:17:07  
My THM build is quite different:

Weapon: Electrum Scepter one is dual int,the other int and accuracy
Shield: Raptorskin Targe +120 hp

Head: Felt Cavalier's Hat with +43 INT IV (triple) no you can't have it!, it is mine. =P
Body: Felt Bliaud with +110 HP (A girls gotta live)
Legs: Felt Gaskins with +13 INT and +13 MIND
Feet: Mahog Pattens, with either+25 lightning or +27 fire potency( could be better)
Hands: Ringbands 100% crit (triple) I still think crits worth it, not much else to go in hands anyway.
Belt: Raptorskin Satchel Belt, +84 hp(yes more hp as enmity sucks atm as does mp)
Rings: both Zircon +1's, 18 INT each or both Coral Hq with 18 accuracy each
Neck: Spinel +1 or Rubellite +1 (lighting and fire builds)
Bracelet: raptorskin wristband +1 +60 hp, better imo that 3 int
Earrings: Rubellite for Iffy.

My int build is over 400 int without food, my accuracy build is 498 without food and I usually out DD any THM (except Arla) so I added HP to survive.

If I add food it is Crowned Cake or if the party hasn't decent gear, I eat Omelettes for more hp as I know if the tank dies, I'm taking hate :D
[+]
By ZettaiRyouiki 2012-04-11 14:42:09  
ladycrim said: »
Belt: Raptorskin Satchel Belt, +84 hp(yes more hp as enmity sucks atm as does mp)

I saw you staring at my -enmity belt, mhmmm.
[+]
By ladycrim 2012-04-11 14:51:08  
ZettaiRyouiki said: »

I saw you staring at my -enmity belt, mhmmm.

Yeah I was trying not to laugh at it, Master =P
[+]
By ZettaiRyouiki 2012-04-11 14:52:20  
By astoy05 2012-04-11 15:02:01  
My THM build is quite different: Weapon: Electrum Scepter one is dual int,the other int and accuracy Shield: Raptorskin Targe +120 hp Head: Felt Cavalier's Hat with +43 INT IV (triple) no you can't have it!, it is mine. =P Body: Felt Bliaud with +110 HP (A girls gotta live) Legs: Felt Gaskins with +13 INT and +13 MIND Feet: Mahog Pattens, with either+25 lightning or +27 fire potency( could be better) Hands: Ringbands 100% crit (triple) I still think crits worth it, not much else to go in hands anyway. Belt: Raptorskin Satchel Belt, +84 hp(yes more hp as enmity sucks atm as does mp) Rings: both Zircon +1's, 18 INT each or both Coral Hq with 18 accuracy each Neck: Spinel +1 or Rubellite +1 (lighting and fire builds) Bracelet: raptorskin wristband +1 +60 hp, better imo that 3 int Earrings: Rubellite for Iffy. My int build is over 400 int without food, my accuracy build is 498 without food and I usually out DD any THM (except Arla) so I added HP to survive. If I add food it is Crowned Cake or if the party hasn't decent gear, I eat Omelettes for more hp as I know if the tank dies, I'm taking hate :D

Nice fackin hat o.O

Never thought of throwing HP on any BLM gear. Seems kinda strange to me, if you are on BLM and consistently taking dmg something is wrong.

And yeah, I could definitely use some Lightning IV for the feet, but refuse to make anyone's day by paying 2+ million on one.
By ZettaiRyouiki 2012-04-11 15:05:43  
Baby Jebus said: »
Never thought of throwing HP on any BLM gear. Seems kinda strange to me, if you are on BLM and consistently taking dmg something is wrong.

You'll thank yourself when the ***hits the fan and you have to sanguine rite + sleepga three slugs that are slapping you, or something similar. It also helps with convert.
[+]
By ladycrim 2012-04-11 15:10:03  
I thought the same of adding hp but it really helps in all fights and there really isn't much you can add that is any better.From hellfire and poison to a tank dying and you taking hate, hp is useful. My other stats are not lacking, I think my build is decent without any Dungeon gear added.

I kited Iffy with 87hp a few days ago, 87 hp that I wouldn't have otherwise had :D

Hp...convert, nuff said!
By astoy05 2012-04-11 15:36:59  
Yeah i agree your gear is very good, better than mine anyway. I would still think in most situations -enmity on belt and the INT on a bracelet or even the -enmity bracelet would be better. I know HP is useful in situations like you guys mentioned but how often do those situations arise compared to regular times where the tank has hate and you are playing your normal role?

I mean, would you have a DRG wear HP bracelets or would you rather they had DD bracelets? DRGs can pull spike hate too.
By ladycrim 2012-04-11 15:55:02  
-4 enmity at best on a bracelet and maybe 10 on 2 tier 4's dual melded onto a belt really won't make the slightest bit of difference. If I use quelling strike and chameleon properly and keep an eye on hate, I'm not taking it unless the tank dies. So thus would till go hp and pop a -80 enmity potion if I lost concentration and took hate.

Not sure on the DRG bracelets but prolly still hp as I see no other decent bracelet. I think damage is achieved adequately from other items and a dead THM, DRG or w/e isn't doing damage anyway.
By Merona 2012-04-11 17:06:33  
Rubelite Bracelets +1 are STR+4 (for DRG)
By demented14 2012-04-11 17:31:25  
gosh do I really have to list all of my gear now?!?!...nah jk its inferior, and also, does anyone know what the soft cap for INT is?
By Filtiarne 2012-04-11 22:17:06  
My int build is over 400 int without food

Cap for Blm stats are 350int and 310pie. Lower your Int and invest some into Pie/Matk
By THECAPTAIN 2012-04-11 22:45:15  
Filtiarne said: »

Cap for Blm stats are 350int and 310pie. Lower your Int and invest some into Pie/Matk

I know this was basically the caps for DD stats, but was there ever any data showing that mage stats cap the same way? Or are you just assuming?

Edit: Actually, after taking a second to go over Kaeko's posts on BG I found that INT does NOT cap like DD stats do.

Quote:
There is a MATK cap. There is also actually an ATK cap. They are both essentially unreachable for anything you would ever care about killing. The only spell that is ever in danger of having a capped MATK on R45+ mobs is Thundara (combo) because the Thundara combo bonus gives you an additional +700 MATK, and I've never seen it cap on an R45+ mob. INT does not cap like melee stats. Unlike the melee formulas, INT and MATK are DEPENDENT variables (similar to XI's magic damage formula). The difficulty of testing with dependent variables is 1 reason why we have not posted MATK testing but nearly all the melee stuff is out (besides this, Seiken is a more rigorous tester than me). This means that the effect/bonus generated by 1 is dependent on what the other currently is. For all spells other than Thundara on combo, MATK is better than INT when talking point for point. For thundara on combo, INT beats MATK easily due to the fact the game is giving you +700MATK for doing it in combo. This means if you are fighting something where you spam thunder combo (e.g. Chimera or Ifrit), stack INT once you have sufficient MACC. For something where you would spam fire nukes (normal stuff, Miser's Mistress), stack MATK first. Just remember that 4 INT = 1 MATK as well so don't disregard INT.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/107403-Stats-and-how-they-work.

Edit #2: Also, stacking any sort of PIE on BLM will not increase magic damage, as PIE only increases MP, Magic Evasion, and Enfeebling magic potency.
By ladycrim 2012-04-12 03:58:40  

I haven't found any evidence of a cap, if I remove my int rings, I do less damage consistantly on all mobs I tested it on. I have 3700 mp so my pie is decent on THM. If I eat food, or use an int potion my int increases as does my damage.

As THM is the main class I choose to solo on, I put a lot of time into testing my builds and adjusting when necessary so I shall bear the response in mind and do further testing. AS I'm capped I have the time to make my own gear and test it out.
By Bruceybangbang 2012-04-12 14:00:42  

I haven't found any evidence of a cap, if I remove my int rings, I do less damage consistantly on all mobs I tested it on. I have 3700 mp so my pie is decent on THM. If I eat food, or use an int potion my int increases as does my damage.

As THM is the main class I choose to solo on, I put a lot of time into testing my builds and adjusting when necessary so I shall bear the response in mind and do further testing. AS I'm capped I have the time to make my own gear and test it out.

Yeah, that person certainly has a case of failed reading comprehension. In terms of mages, testing is still ongoing and although, not terribly complicated formulas, mage stats are seemingly boundless by normal player's views.

There is a cap there. It's just so damn high it could never be reached unless you are someone who is determined to try to.

Under what has been tested currently, magic attack seems to be the most favorable stat as it enhances most of your damage point for point across all spells except Thundara when it's in a combo (like the above quote it gives a natural 700 magic attack bonus) and then it further becomes enhanced by INT.

For players who like to specialize in certain builds, a Thunder > Thundara INT build is pretty sickning. For others who would like to round themselves out and have good output on all spells could invest in more m.att pieces.

Half of this is just general discussion and not particularly directed to you, LadyCrim.

Everyone, I think if you want to know what to gear yourself with you should understand the new formulas first and then take it from there. There doesn't have to be one way to gear a DD mage, actually.
[+]
By ladycrim 2012-04-12 14:07:32  
Bruceybangbang said: »

Yeah, that person certainly has a case of failed reading comprehension. In terms of mages, testing is still ongoing and although, not terribly complicated formulas, mage stats are seemingly boundless by normal player's views.

There is a cap there. It's just so damn high it could never be reached unless you are someone who is determined to try to.

Under what has been tested currently, magic attack seems to be the most favorable stat as it enhances most of your damage point for point across all spells except Thundara when it's in a combo (like the above quote it gives a natural 700 magic attack bonus) and then it further becomes enhanced by INT.

For players who like to specialize in certain builds, a Thunder > Thundara INT build is pretty sickning. For others who would like to round themselves out and have good output on all spells could invest in more m.att pieces.

Half of this is just general discussion and not particularly directed to you, LadyCrim.

Everyone, I think if you want to know what to gear yourself with you should understand the new formulas first and then take it from there. There doesn't have to be one way to gear a DD mage, actually.

Thanks, I do not pretend to be any expert, but I share my findings on what I experience ingame. I think I balanced my builds ok, but nothing that couldn't be improved upon if I so choose I'm sure.
By demented14 2012-04-13 04:22:06  
Thanks for the clarification, being a mage was something I have always hated, but I guess I have to play it as it since it is the most used job in the 2 current dungeons. Mind still affects M.Acc right? Crim when you said 100% crit, do you mean +100 crit potency? Lastly, Does anyone know how +crit rate works? One of my builds gives me over 120 or so crit rate but I have no clue what that would equal in a % chance to crit (DD not Mage) and if possible a link to the stat caps for DDs ^^

Weapon:+1 lightning brand 20 Int (if i find another perfect 20 its going on)
Shield:Allegory +7 M.Atk
Head: Felt Cavalier's Hat - 20/20 Int/Mind double meld
Body: Felt Bliaud 34 vit (was nice back when thaums could stoneskin, now I need a new piece)
Legs: Felt Gaskins 14 INT and 18 Pie
Feet: Mahog Pattens 17 light pot (had a 46 but It blew up going for triple meld, I'm greedy)
Hands: Ringbands 106 Crit potency (debating trying to put a 4th on it)
Belt: Raptorskin Satchel Belt, 74 MP, I don't see the need for hp on a belt, If i have the extra MP to start with, then do I really need a bigger convert? I guess it's all about perspective, situation, though MP never seems to be an issue during bosses
Rings: both Zircon +1's or 1 Zircon 1 Mage Ring
Neck: Spinel +1
Bracelet: +1 Spinel
Earrings: Mage Earring

Only got 355 Int, with room to improve, namely the weapon and head, but I enjoy the 20 extra mind I get from that 20/20 double meld. Another 20 on the weapon would net me 375, and If I really wanted/needed a new hat could be made with more Int. M.Acc I dont worry about because I never play a mage outside of a party, and I rarely notice any resists.

I can't really think of anything else to improve upon, except trying to triple up some lightning potency on my feet again, but that's a little taxing. Does anyone know how potency works? Is it a 1:1 ratio of potency to damage?

Also with the new materia comming out, I feel that blm/thm will have to have even more sets of gear for swapping, namely +enfeeble magic potency. Even just one materia on your hands, along with other pieces that have the same stat (such as mage patterns) macro'd in for a sleep would be wonderful. The mp/crit potency on waist is also excellent, though I have a horrible feeling we will only get these materia by blowing up our hard earned ifrit/moogle weapons
By ladycrim 2012-04-13 07:30:04  
Lailani Waimea said: »
Thanks for the clarification, being a mage was something I have always hated, but I guess I have to play it as it since it is the most used job in the 2 current dungeons. Mind still affects M.Acc right? Crim when you said 100% crit, do you mean +100 crit potency?

Yes I mean +100 crit potency. Mind does affect Magic Accuracy but only marginally with something like a 1/4 ratio from what I can see.

The mp belt imo isn't worth wearing unless you're struggling for mp, it's not even enough for half a skill anyway, but to have 100 hp could be the difference between life and death in Vale or Iffy, just my opinion though. I have an mp belt too, but only used for my farming.

There really isn't a right way to gear a THM, it's more about adapting to what you're fighting at that time.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [90 days between previous and next post]
By MalPal 2012-07-12 04:29:30  
Can someone give me an update on mage stats. My main question is in reference to the magic crit rate from the militia trousers. Can a double or triple meld int mind compare!?
By Hitetsu 2012-07-12 08:34:49  
From what I've been told (and my generic opinion on critical hit rates), I wouldn't waste my time on Crit Rate+ unless it was an ungodly substantial amount or there was nothing at all worthwhile in comparison. Personally I'd recommend the double INT melded pants as a more useful/universal option.
 Bismarck.Gael
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2012-07-12 08:50:45  
It's true in general, but the militia trousers are really the best legs you can have as BLM
By Hitetsu 2012-07-12 09:10:30  
Ohhh it's those ones. (I'll admit, I didn't look at them before I posted :D)

Those are pretty sexy, given the option between a double meld and those - they'd be an arguably good choice. I wouldn't consider them the best though, only because they give a chance to do more damage, not a guarantee (1/tick refresh is nothing special, I'm discounting that). If you get lucky and manage to get a good double melded leg piece, then it's likely to do more damage in general.

Critical Hit Potency would be more worthwhile thanks to Excruciate.

I wrote up my thoughts on the Militia garb about a month ago, I still stand by them.

I'm taking XIV a whole lot less seriously than I took XI, so most of what I base gear choices around is what I've worked out from what I've been told by others, opposed to me going out and researching it all perfectly myself.
By tachikomas 2012-07-12 09:19:35  
I'd wear trousers over anything with under 25INT, those trousers are pretty sick

Even if you remove the crit/refresh/ and MP bonus and only look at the 14INT and 4M.Acc then you have to have a double meld with at minimum 16 INT/MND for them to be better.

specifically, to the crit +40 rating, roughly 7.5 crit rating => 1% in crit rate. So the legs are worth around 5% crit rate on 50-52lvl mobs and probably around 3~3.5% on r58 boss mobs. Nothing to scoff at.
By Latifah 2012-07-12 17:27:54  
idk why people keep using double melded hats with int , instead magic atk heads, int doesn't give you magic acc. only enfeebling potency and very little magic atk. there is no enfeebling magic on the game but sleepga atm.
By THECAPTAIN 2012-07-12 18:20:58  
..what?
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-07-13 00:40:31  
Worse than Pchan
[+]
By MalPal 2012-07-13 00:44:56  
because potency hats suck horribly :p my double melded int hat increases my damage over hex mask by a lot not even a little
First Page 2 3