Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » chauve-sauris comparisons
chauve-sauris comparisons
First Page 2
By Yellowbluebus 2012-04-16 22:46:59  
I've just recently come back to the game, and I was looking up some posts about the double attack weapon that I was working on when I quit. The Chauve-Sauris' three trees are kind of confusing me. From what I understand, the double attack +9 is totally worth it with a warrior sub for DA trait and stacking DA gear etc. However, I'm normally /sam or /blu being drg and all. Would the dbl. attack +9 be worth it still? Or does the bonus damage occ. attack twice (+51 occ. attack twice) one work better? How often does it proc. vs the dbl attack weapon? And is the attacks 2-4 times weapon even worth looking at? (imo, it's (occ. 2-4 times) too low damage to be worth it, but if it is let me know).

Thank you in advance :3
Sorry if this is a repeat from another thread, but I couldn't find any real conclusive evidence... If there is one, please let me know.
 Fenrir.Kut
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-04-16 22:58:57  
The OAT Chauve is usually considered to be the best polearm other than Ryunohige and sometimes Gungnir. Quick scan of FFXIAH's Chauve page says around a 45-48% proc.
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Yellowbluebus 2012-04-16 23:11:55  
I totally missed that comment on the item page >< lol. Thanks for bringing it to my attention :3 That's an insane proc. rate... I think I'll just continue on the orange path then. Already had 5 blobs stored away from before, and was kind of saddened by some posts I found on the dbl. attack being better.
 Shiva.Galbir
サーバ: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-17 07:39:36  
Actually as far as this goes:

Yellowbluebus said: »
From what I understand, the double attack +9 is totally worth it with a warrior sub for DA trait and stacking DA gear etc

You're way off the mark. You see with the way Da works for every piece of it you add the next piece adds less damage. So the Da polearm will add more damage the less Da you have naturally.

Ex:
Player A 0% current Da.
A chooses to make a 10% da sword so he's adding 10% to 0% Da.
The increase would be 110/100 or an increase of 1.1 / 10%.

Player B 10% current Da.
B chooses to also make a 10% da sword so he's also adding 10% to 10% da
The increase would be 120/110 or an increase of 1.090909.... / 9.0909%

This is diminishing returns.
[+]
By Malphius 2012-04-17 10:25:43  
Fenrir.Kut said: »
The OAT Chauve is usually considered to be the best polearm other than Ryunohige and sometimes Gungnir. Quick scan of FFXIAH's Chauve page says around a 45-48% proc.

The OAT polearm is indeed considered to be top dog. However the problem is that the game has changed so much for dragoon already Since the time they were first compared that we need a fresh toe to toe run down of the polearmss.

When OAT was declared he winner I dont remember seeing a true comparison between the 3 different versions. Now that we have more gear choices, stardiver, lower jump timers, and the trial weapons are in theory, in their finalized form, and that the game isn't all about abyssea any more I think it's time for a fresh look.
 Fenrir.Kut
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-04-18 00:35:29  
Malphius said: »

The OAT polearm is indeed considered to be top dog. However the problem is that the game has changed so much for dragoon already Since the time they were first compared that we need a fresh toe to toe run down of the polearmss.

When OAT was declared he winner I dont remember seeing a true comparison between the 3 different versions. Now that we have more gear choices, stardiver, lower jump timers, and the trial weapons are in theory, in their finalized form, and that the game isn't all about abyssea any more I think it's time for a fresh look.

The game hasn't changed all too much, really, since the last time it was last discussed. It seems like you may have been out of the loop and not keeping up with the discussions to me. Other than Nyzul and a couple new Provenance pieces of gear, nothing much has changed since 95 which, I believe, was when most people were talking about it. (Or rather, they were comparing it to the 95 versions of Gungnir/Ryunohige before the 99 trials were decided)

In regards to Abyssea, it's been a long time since Abyssea has died for many players. With it's content geared to a level 90 audience and no new 91+ armor available there, it's been long out of the discussion for most people.

While, true, the new jump timers do come into play (since I believe the OaT will not proc on them) it really is a pretty small portion of your over-all damage, especially with haste buffs. Nothing too incredibly game changing.

Regarding Stardiver, it doesn't really change that much for DRGs in terms of weapons. STR comes into bigger play, and the reliance on crits is gone.

About the comparison between the 3 Chauve's... There really was no competition. It was always between Relic/Mythic/Empy/OaT/STR Magian. 2-4, for pretty much all jobs, has never been top tier in the DD category. DA is pretty strong, but the benefits of 9 DA diminish fairly quickly in abyssea and with more and more people moving over to /WAR.

If anything, the biggest game changer to the polearm hierarchy would probably be Save TP. With damage leaning strongly over to the WS side, having the extra STR, DMG and AM has tilted the tables against OaT. Since Save TP's prominence has dwindled slightly, OaT has been able to catch back up in VW. I'm not all too sure how things line up in VW but I'm fairly certain that it at least puts Gungnir ahead of OaT, especially on the high EVA mobs.

As far as recent OaT discussion... With the release of Resolution, DRKs have begun to lean towards the OaT weapon and even abandoning their Caladbolgs in many cases. While not exactly the same situation, it just goes to show you that OaT isn't going anywhere any time soon.

tl;dr: OaT
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-18 00:42:51  
The last time Austar ran the numbers, OAT was hardly above STR in general, and it was inconclusive with regard to situations where heavy levels of SaveTP were included. The only thing that's certain is OAT's supremacy agains fodder. I wouldn't make snap judgments about anything else.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-18 01:20:02  
I'd probably stick to the OAT, the fire one has very few moments when it's better, and it's not as much ahead as when OAT is. OAT has more potential too, since anytime fire is ahead, you could easily get more attack buffs.
By mortontony1 2012-04-18 01:22:59  
Fenrir.Minjo said: »
The last time Austar ran the numbers, OAT was hardly above STR in general, and it was inconclusive with regard to situations where heavy levels of SaveTP were included. The only thing that's certain is OAT's supremacy agains fodder. I wouldn't make snap judgments about anything else.

Drg 3-hit go!
By Fupafighters 2012-04-18 01:53:51  
Save my time and make only OA2 polearm lol?
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-18 01:54:41  
Save your time and make a Gungnir.
By Fupafighters 2012-04-18 02:05:01  
Could care less about gugnir lol...
By Fupafighters 2012-04-18 02:10:38  
Looking at the trial for OA2. If you're a dragoon 99 and you don't have one of these, damn go make it. Very simple.
 Odin.Skeero
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2012-04-18 14:09:47  
Fupafighters said: »

99 Gungnir easily outdoes 0at. In any situation. 95 Gungnir its pretty close, but if you arent a serious dragoon just stick with oat. Anything other than Ryun>Gungnir>Oat is a waste of time.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2012-04-18 14:30:10  
While, true, the new jump timers do come into play (since I believe the OaT will not proc on them) it really is a pretty small portion of your over-all damage, especially with haste buffs. Nothing too incredibly game changing.

It does proc on jumps FYI.

If your not making Ryu or gug, its basically either OAT or Str. Str is generally far easier to make for 'similar' levels of damage. OAT has a slight, slight edge pretty much most of the time according to the discussion on official forums. Occasionally will have a more significant edge, but it is considerably harder to make. The difference comes down to fery minor tweaks in conserve TP, regain effects etc that will change the 480 delay str magian into the same Xhit as the 507 delay. When that happens they are virtually identical. When those dont happen OAT wins by a little more.

However, it should be noted there is a boatload more STP gear now if you can reach floor 100. I havent checked, but you might be able to get some wicked Xhit builds even with a 480 str lance these days if you try really, really, hard and have acces to any gear. Thatd need a closer look though.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-18 14:33:57  
Phorcys head/legs make 5-hitting pretty trivial.
[+]
By Siren.Yellowbluebus 2012-04-18 15:17:26  
Shiva.Galbir said: »
Actually as far as this goes:

Yellowbluebus said: »
From what I understand, the double attack +9 is totally worth it with a warrior sub for DA trait and stacking DA gear etc

You're way off the mark. You see with the way Da works for every piece of it you add the next piece adds less damage. So the Da polearm will add more damage the less Da you have naturally.

Ex:
Player A 0% current Da.
A chooses to make a 10% da sword so he's adding 10% to 0% Da.
The increase would be 110/100 or an increase of 1.1 / 10%.

Player B 10% current Da.
B chooses to also make a 10% da sword so he's also adding 10% to 10% da
The increase would be 120/110 or an increase of 1.090909.... / 9.0909%

This is diminishing returns.

Thanks for the numbers XD This lets me see my fault for even thinking about the DA weapon.... lol <3

Odin.Skeero said: »
Fupafighters said: »

99 Gungnir easily outdoes 0at. In any situation. 95 Gungnir its pretty close, but if you arent a serious dragoon just stick with oat. Anything other than Ryun>Gungnir>Oat is a waste of time.

I'm very serious about drg ^^y It's my end all job. Any money I make gets pumped into it and leftovers go to my leftover jobs like cor and whm. However, I'm thinking (well decided) to make (finish) the OAT weapon to tide me over until I finish my ryu a few months from now. Thank you for the straightforward response <3 I hate beating around the bush :3

Lakshmi.Aanalaty said: »

It does proc on jumps FYI.

If your not making Ryu or gug, its basically either OAT or Str. Str is generally far easier to make for 'similar' levels of damage. OAT has a slight, slight edge pretty much most of the time according to the discussion on official forums. Occasionally will have a more significant edge, but it is considerably harder to make. The difference comes down to fery minor tweaks in conserve TP, regain effects etc that will change the 480 delay str magian into the same Xhit as the 507 delay. When that happens they are virtually identical. When those dont happen OAT wins by a little more.

However, it should be noted there is a boatload more STP gear now if you can reach floor 100. I havent checked, but you might be able to get some wicked Xhit builds even with a 480 str lance these days if you try really, really, hard and have acces to any gear. Thatd need a closer look though.

I had assumed that it proced on jumps, but it's nice to know that it wasn't unfounded ;o Also, thanks for the update on the OAT vs. the other weapon trials, it makes me very reassured that I won't waste my time with them... Except maybe the PDT or MDT, for their respective sets.

In the end, it's kind of a shame that I'll have to drop the OAT once I make my ryu-- wait, no it's not. lollerskates.
 Ragnarok.Eriina
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2012-04-18 20:33:08  
Siren.Yellowbluebus said: »
I'm thinking (well decided) to make (finish) the OAT weapon to tide me over until I finish my ryu a few months from now.

A few months? You must have gotten most of the requirements and farming done before you took your break. Grats! How much Alex, ichor, tokens, assault reapeats do you already have?

PS- you can reach -50% pdt and mdt with armour alone. Probably wanna look into that before you start spending time on those magian spears. Depends on what you want to spend your time farming I suppose. But in the end end end you'll probably appreciate having -50% DT and still be able to keep OaT or ryunohige equipped.
By Siren.Yellowbluebus 2012-04-20 16:31:02  
Ragnarok.Eriina said: »
Siren.Yellowbluebus said: »
I'm thinking (well decided) to make (finish) the OAT weapon to tide me over until I finish my ryu a few months from now.

A few months? You must have gotten most of the requirements and farming done before you took your break. Grats! How much Alex, ichor, tokens, assault reapeats do you already have?

PS- you can reach -50% pdt and mdt with armour alone. Probably wanna look into that before you start spending time on those magian spears. Depends on what you want to spend your time farming I suppose. But in the end end end you'll probably appreciate having -50% DT and still be able to keep OaT or ryunohige equipped.

Lol, thank you ^^y however, I just calculated everything out... to make sure. The only thing really holding me back is going to be the ichor. I already have my tokens and I've been stocking money for alex, but I only have 10k ichor >< I thought they had lowered the cooldown for einherjar... but I was wrong. It'll take me almost 6 months in total to get the mythic, while farming odin to encourage people to help out. If I spammed tier 3s, it'd take me a little over 4 months. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone else that wants ichor as badly as I do so... it'll end up being odin. /sigh

Also, thanks for the headsup on that pdt gear. I'll have to look into it more before I decide what to get, but I'm glad that I won't have to worry about the weapon. Saves me a lot of time <3
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-04-20 17:00:28  
Do work on Ryu. If you have the motivation, do it.
Even if it takes time to get all the ichor, you'll be rewarded with the best weapon out there.

Alex part is the most time comsuming I think.
Idk what are alex's price in your server, here it's about 12-15k. So that's about 450m.

I have a friend who did mythic Dnc, and she was stuck on ichor as well. She used the time to start PW sets etc.

This is time consuming, but man, Ryu-No-***-Hige.
By Siren.Yellowbluebus 2012-04-22 15:20:51  
Carbuncle.Shadowreapper said: »
This is time consuming, but man, Ryu-No-***-Hige.

No joke, no joke. Thanks for the encouragement!
I am determined to see this through to the end :3
Just need to streamline things so that there's no wasted time in making that end happen.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-22 18:01:38  
Carbuncle.Meldity said: »
i'm on carby as well doing ryu. the nyzle uncharted events drove up alex prices up to 15k and possibly be going back up to 20k once people realize they can do it without 3rd party tools.

not sure if i just want to sell them or not now.
How did the addition of an event that drops them creating a higher supply make prices go up? Anytime you have a raise in supply demand will lower and price with it.
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-22 18:10:17  
Wait you need a tag to do Salvage? I haven't done it since 75 but I thought you only needed a Remnants Permit. I could be wrong though.
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-22 18:11:58  
Gilgamesh.Meldity said: »
Shiva.Galbir said: »
Wait you need a tag to do Salvage? I haven't done it since 75 but I thought you only needed a Remnants Permit. I could be wrong though.

yeah you need a tag in order to do assault, which gives point to get a salvage permit.
Ah ok so you're saying indirectly you need tags. Though it wouldn't matter for someone who has a metric ***ton of assault points built up from 75 cap.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-04-22 18:53:01  
I don't think the impact is quite as substantial as you're making it out to be. One good assault will give you 1500 points which is enough for 3 salvage runs. I dunno about anyone else but I have massive amounts of assault points and so do many other end gamers as Galbir pointed out.

Secondly, not all people who do nyzul uncharted were doing alex farming before so in these cases, there is actually a significant supply boost rather than a drop.

I personally think that Alex prices have been mostly affected by increase in demand rather than a decrease in supply. Shoha's utility has increased the value of the GK mythic which I'm sure is making a dent in things.

If you really want to drop alex prices, just publish a guide on how to solo salvage for alex farming and let all those people who don't realize how easy it is find out.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2012-04-22 19:01:29  
Quote:
One good assault will give you 1500 points which is enough for 3 salvage runs.

okay nevermind. apparently update made it 500. forget what i said.
By Siren.Yellowbluebus 2012-04-22 20:07:27  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
If you really want to drop alex prices, just publish a guide on how to solo salvage for alex farming and let all those people who don't realize how easy it is find out.

This idea, I might steal it with some modification :o
<3 lol
First Page 2