フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » chauve-sauris comparisons
chauve-sauris comparisons
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-22 20:29:05  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
If you really want to drop alex prices, just publish a guide on how to solo salvage for alex farming and let all those people who don't realize how easy it is find out.
Demand will continue to meet or exceed supply and little or nothing will change. The real driving factor behind alexandrite prices at this point is Dynamis currency. Compare the value of an average Salvage run in alexandrite to an average Dynamis run in currency and forbidden items, you'll see what I mean.
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2012-04-23 21:22:46  
Siren.Yellowbluebus said: »
If you really want to drop alex prices, just publish a guide on how to solo salvage for alex farming and let all those people who don't realize how easy it is find out.

This idea, I might steal it with some modification :o
<3 lol

this should happen. better than waiting around for an update on supply. probably won't do anything though, should show people how to warp instead of d/c too.
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Yellowbluebus 2012-04-24 20:26:04  
Gilgamesh.Meldity said: »

This idea, I might steal it with some modification :o
<3 lol

this should happen. better than waiting around for an update on supply. probably won't do anything though, should show people how to warp instead of d/c too.

Eh, at the least it would help out some poor saps that still think you need 6 people to get anything accomplished. I'm actually surprised that someone hasn't done this sooner... though I know a lot of people who did salvage instaquit or got banned when aby came out, lol. Even I felt kind of a cold touch on my 14mil ares body e.e;
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-24 20:43:41  
I'm actually surprised that someone hasn't done this sooner...
There's a popular guide for farming alex in SSR that's been available for... I dunno, probably a year now.
 Ragnarok.Eriina
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2012-04-24 22:35:28  
Einherjar is definitely the event that you have the least control over as far as being able to proactively affect your rate of ichor intake. Just gotta bite the bullet and do it twice a week. I was really concerned about this one before I started, but I've had good luck with shout groups. I intended to spam T3 as well but a lot of LS mates expressed interest in Odin so I mix it up and we do an Odin every other Saturday or so. At least he spits out a lot of ichor to almost make up for the T1 runs.

Just having money isn't nescecarilly the answer to Alex, but it helps. Even if you're just sitting on 600mil (must be nice, heh) I wonder how much a server actually produces daily? I mean, even if you were the only person buying it. I only see about 300-1k in bazaars at any given time on ragnarok and unless I'm mistaken this isn't all being sold and replenished daily. It'll still take some time. But yeah, take it where you can get it I say.
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Yellowbluebus 2012-04-25 07:18:50  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
I'm actually surprised that someone hasn't done this sooner...
There's a popular guide for farming alex in SSR that's been available for... I dunno, probably a year now.

I was just going off of what I thought was the case, or had last seen since I've just come back to the game (see OP). Anyway... if there is a guide, then that saves me any kind of trouble. Be nice to link it, though. Thanks.

Ragnarok.Eriina said: »
Einherjar is definitely the event that you have the least control over as far as being able to proactively affect your rate of ichor intake. Just gotta bite the bullet and do it twice a week. I was really concerned about this one before I started, but I've had good luck with shout groups. I intended to spam T3 as well but a lot of LS mates expressed interest in Odin so I mix it up and we do an Odin every other Saturday or so. At least he spits out a lot of ichor to almost make up for the T1 runs.

Just having money isn't nescecarilly the answer to Alex, but it helps. Even if you're just sitting on 600mil (must be nice, heh) I wonder how much a server actually produces daily? I mean, even if you were the only person buying it. I only see about 300-1k in bazaars at any given time on ragnarok and unless I'm mistaken this isn't all being sold and replenished daily. It'll still take some time. But yeah, take it where you can get it I say.

As for the ichor, I have found a few friends willing to go with me, and I plan to make a small ls for it... Shout groups are nice, but for the people wanting gear from odin, it would probably be a nightmare. But yeah... it's prob. gonna be just as you said... twice a week @.@

Btw, I don't have the money for the alex just yet, I'm farming for it. By stocking I meant, I am currently putting away. I will likely have it by the time I'm done with my ichor. But buying it as I go isn't a bad idea... I just get chills when I think that it might drop in price D: