Viable 5 Hit?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Viable 5 hit?
Viable 5 hit?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-05-16 07:52:22  
I don't like the unreliability of store tp either. It's much easier to always be able to count on conserve tp and multi attack procs (never fail!).

I was actually thinking that if store tp works like haste (taking time to proc) I should steer for increasing the amount of time between my ws's. I mean if you think about it: all that ws'ing probably tires you out so you ws weaker.... plus your wyvern gets out of breath! Better to re-charge.
[+]
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-05-16 07:58:06  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
I don't like the unreliability of store tp either. It's much easier to always be able to count on conserve tp and multi attack procs (never fail!).

I was actually thinking that if store tp works like haste (taking time to proc) I should steer for increasing the amount of time between my ws's. I mean if you think about it: all that ws'ing probably tires you out so you ws weaker.... plus your wyvern gets out of breath! Better to re-charge.

I heard using low level weapons makes your dps go up.
 Shiva.Galbir
サーバ: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-16 08:09:45  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

Nah brah you're doing it wrong hard. See what you do is simple:

First get as much minus stat gear as you can preferably minus atk and then tp in this. Next you get as much STR as you can and put it in your ws macro for MAX damage. Why you ask? Well it's simple really... If you hit for a lower amount in your tp phase then the mob doesn't think much of you and underestimates you. Then bam you bust out that stardiver with full str backing it for mega omgwtfpwndmg. He'll never see it coming.

Edit: Also only ws at 300 tp!
[+]
 Sylph.Kelvinclein
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kelvinclein 2012-05-16 08:11:01  
Bahamut.Itze said: »
He doesn't gear for anything really. It's sad. All the more reason for keeping the loldrg title.

Then how come I play DRG only since I came back and my inv is ALWAYS 70+/80? :<
 Sylph.Kelvinclein
By Sylph.Kelvinclein 2012-05-16 08:18:27  
Store tp is good to attack fortifications ;D.

I won't stop you from spending milions for that.

You get damage = tp+
Cor in your party = tp+
DA / TA / QA on final hits = tp+
Jump + DA / TA / QA = tp+

I am not saying it is useless, but still ... ;D
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-16 08:27:35  
Sylph.Kelvinclein said: »
Store tp is good to attack fortifications ;D.

I won't stop you from spending milions for that.

You get damage = tp+
Cor in your party = tp+
DA / TA / QA on final hits = tp+
Jump + DA / TA / QA = tp+

I am not saying it is useless, but still ... ;D

Any combination of STP that increases your hit build dramatically increases your ws rate and thus your total damage. All those other factors are enhanced even more by having a x-hit.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-05-16 08:28:12  
I won't stop you from making

>>> gungnir <<<

before spending 1/100th of it's value for a larger proportionate increase in damage.

Sorry, I've been battling with my computer for a couple days and i'm getting catty. Realistically you'll see a massive increase to your damage by increasing your ws frequency. I know it doesn't look like it from the amount of damage of your swings but if you use one of those programs that counts how much damage you do over time, you'll see it comes out ahead. That's what people mean when they say "eyeballing".

*edit* sek beat me to it
[+]
 Sylph.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-16 08:37:52  
He doesn't gear for anything really. It's sad. All the more reason for keeping the loldrg title.

70/80 cause you're carrying steel bullet mats.
[+]
 Sylph.Kelvinclein
By Sylph.Kelvinclein 2012-05-16 08:40:18  
Honestly, I don't wanna start Parser battles. Like I said, I mostly do every kind of event as /rdm or /war eventually.

I just wanna cap haste and eventually I'll see what I can sacrifice to get some store TP on.

EDIT: oh cmon.. I was gonna go for Ryuno as well lol.
 Sylph.Kelvinclein
By Sylph.Kelvinclein 2012-05-16 08:40:50  
Sylph.Kiaru said: »

70/80 cause you're carrying silver bullet mats.
It's steel bullets!!
 Phoenix.Radatz
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Radatz
By Phoenix.Radatz 2012-05-16 08:57:43  
I don't like Store TP much on DRG <_<... it is unreliable most of the times.

Conserve TP proc, Jump. DA/TA/QA on and off jumps. Nice to have it of course, not a priority to me tho.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have but hey, I play DRG/mage most of the times anyway.

STP is unreliable....... what did I?... but... I just... THE F@#K?!
I dont want to live in this video game anymore QQ
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2012-05-16 09:03:19  
Honestly, I don't wanna start Parser battles. Like I said, I mostly do every kind of event as /rdm or /war eventually.

I just wanna cap haste and eventually I'll see what I can sacrifice to get some store TP on.

I'm sorry, but with that kind of attitude, you don't deserve a Ryunohige. With the current creation difficulty, and potency of certain mythics, anything less than the absolute best is a disservice to the weapon.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-16 09:07:41  
I would really, really like an explanation as to why you think that store TP is unreliable.

I'd also like to know when you ever think it's acceptable to be subbing RDM to any sort of endgame event.

I would start by +2ing your +1 gear since that takes like 2 hours. How did you make a Gungnir and not even have proper gear for the job already? It's baffling to me.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-05-16 09:10:40  
The last time I posted in one of these topics it got completely deleted and the lulz were lost forever.
 Sylph.Kelvinclein
By Sylph.Kelvinclein 2012-05-16 09:12:09  
@Natlow: Ah You think I don't deserve it? ;) too bad you can't stop me from doin it then, must hurt pretty bad :).

@Prothescar: Hmmm I don't think you Really Really want it so bad, because if you did you would have cared about reading what I said earlier.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-16 09:12:21  

If you don't want to argue over parsing, math or what's better, you're probably on the wrong forums and most certainly in the wrong thread. If you want to be a better player then listen, otherwise, carry on.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-05-16 09:12:40  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
How did you make a Gungnir and not even have proper gear for the job already? It's baffling to me.

Full ares is clearly proper gear for gungnir.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-05-16 09:13:04  
Oh the guy who said that was the one who posted his Gungnir and then thought people were making fun of his ***gear because they were jealous he had a relic.

Let me green text that for you:
>>2012
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-16 09:13:55  
@Prothescar: Hmmm I don't think you Really Really want it so bad, because if you did you would have cared about reading what I said earlier.

All I've read so far has been horribly inaccurate. You don't need to sacrifice haste to get a proper x-hit, and you certainly shouldn't be uncapped on haste with a relic.

Now stop dodging the questions, and give me legitimate reasons aside from laziness or being bad.
 Sylph.Kelvinclein
By Sylph.Kelvinclein 2012-05-16 09:14:53  
Last time you posted on one of my pics you got -1'd to death ;P
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-16 09:16:46  
Last time you posted on one of my pics you got -1'd to death ;P

[+]
 Sylph.Kelvinclein
By Sylph.Kelvinclein 2012-05-16 09:17:13  
Rearden I'm pretty sure you still didn't got the point of the whole matter there.. since no one but you used the word Jealous in that pic comments;)
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-05-16 09:18:15  
afk banging hot chicks
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-16 09:21:22  
This....thread.........................................
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-16 09:24:27  
So much for legitimately trying to help another drg out...
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-05-16 09:29:28  
Rearden I'm pretty sure you still didn't got the point of the whole matter there.. since no one but you used the word Jealous in that pic comments;)

Why would anyone be jealous of your DRG? <_<
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2012-05-16 09:34:19  
Not defending him or something but let's say you are 4 tp off 100 in your tp set. Now you gear store tp so you get those 4 tp so you have 1 less swing. But what if you get hit twice? Then you just wasted using these items since you are at 104 now. I guess you could see it like that that it's not that reliable. Maybe?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-05-16 09:35:07  
Cerberus.Finalvegeta said: »
Not defending him or something but let's say you are 4 tp off 100 in your tp set. Now you gear store tp so you get those 4 tp so you have 1 less swing. But what if you get hit twice? Then you just wasted using these items since you are at 104 now. I guess you could see it like that that it's not that reliable. Maybe?

It's way more reliable having enough store tp than assuming you'll get hit twice though :P
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-05-16 09:36:06  
You just increased your WS damage by that much TP then.
 Shiva.Galbir
サーバ: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-16 09:36:10  
Gearing for a chance that'll you get hit is much less reliable.

Edit: I'm getting slow beat 2x.