日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » New people here on FFXIAH
New people here on FFXIAH
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
VIP
By alyria 2012-05-04 08:57:13  
Hello,

Lately i have noticed that instead of helping a new poster here for ffxiah or even helping them for ffxi, people are rude against them. Here on ffxiah we get many new people, some post, some don't but the ones that do normally are asking for help.

if you cannot contribute, help, or even be freakin nice... do not be the douchebag in the thread.

Point them to threads that can help them.

If you want to start to harass the person, you will be taking a break...

There are some here who are legit in looking for information, if you think the person is more than that, pm a mod or if its obvious they are not looking for genuine help report it...

No one likes a douchebag...so help people or stay quiet.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2012-05-04 09:08:53  
Aly Saxena said: »

/cheer!
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2012-05-04 09:14:04  
I feel it's only fair that you point out that there is a search function on this website as well.
[+]
VIP
By alyria 2012-05-04 09:17:05  
Fairy.Spence said: »
I feel it's only fair that you point out that there is a search function on this website as well.

well someone could be nice in their approach to point them to the how to search thread i made ages ago.
[+]
VIP
By alyria 2012-05-04 09:23:02  
also, ill take a volunteer for a favor to do for me. itll require searching and maybe making a thread. pm me if you would like to help or send im on yahoo (easier for me right now)

@row gtfo...
[+]
 Asura.Killacalli
サーバ: Asura
user: ndc1190
By Asura.Killacalli 2012-05-04 09:23:47  
Ffxiah is the best non third program helper you can use, not only will it help you with finding out prices of materials you may be wanting to sell / buy (aka item search) but it will also help you find out about guild point items (crafting) found Guild Patterns also can be used for peoples insight on gear sets you may be looking for ... any questions can ask me or some one else who is not a D-bag that has been using this for ever
[+]
 Fenrir.Eneas
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2012-05-04 09:25:14  
i feel that some people think that the number of post count or the date joined matter as a right to be superior to some new player.
It doesnt.
but thats just me.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-05-04 09:26:26  
also, ill take a volunteer for a favor to do for me. itll require searching and maybe making a thread. pm me if you would like to help or send im on yahoo (easier for me right now)

@row gtfo...
I'm scared of whatever this "favor" is.>.>;
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2012-05-04 09:26:38  

I have a good idea of who this thread is about, and in which case I'd like to point out that I've not posted in any of his threads. I'd like to further point out that a lot of information said individual is seeking is readily accessible within many FFXI related websites.

The latest thread not withstanding as it seemed like a legitimate question and open for some discussion.

If the post count comment was a jab at me, please refer to above text.
 Fenrir.Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2012-05-04 09:26:40  
Asura.Killacalli said: »
Ffxiah is the best non third program helper you can use, not only will it help you with finding out prices of materials you may be wanting to sell / buy (aka item search) but it will also help you find out about guild point items (crafting) found Guild Patterns also can be used for peoples insight on gear sets you may be looking for ... any questions can ask me or some one else who is not a D-bag that has been using this for ever

Currently guild point is being rebuilt after an update last year, which changed guild point items around.
 Fenrir.Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2012-05-04 09:27:29  
Fairy.Spence said: »

I have a good idea of who this thread is about, and in which case I'd like to point out that I've not posted in any of his threads. I'd like to further point out that a lot of information said individual is seeking is readily accessible within many FFXI related websites.

The latest thread not withstanding as it seemed like a legitimate question and open for some discussion.

If the post count comment was a jab at me, please refer to above text.

Spence it wasnt directed at you
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-05-04 09:29:39  
I feel that when you can tell someone has put absolutely zero effort into researching their question, that they are being the rude one; but i respect your wishes. I'm only here to cure boredom anyhow.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Yathatguy
user: Rathan
By Ragnarok.Yathatguy 2012-05-04 09:30:16  
So wait...the FFXIAH team that so passionately protested internet censoring is now saying "be nice or get banned"?
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2012-05-04 09:32:47  
Ragnarok.Yathatguy said: »
So wait...the FFXIAH team that so passionately protested internet censoring is now saying "be nice or get banned"?

I think it's more on the basis of "why reply if your going to be a massive ***"
[+]
 Fenrir.Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2012-05-04 09:33:05  

[-]
[+]
 Shiva.Galbir
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-04 09:34:38  
FFxiah's first and oldest rule has been "Don't be a douche bag". Nothing new there.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Yathatguy
By Ragnarok.Yathatguy 2012-05-04 09:37:30  
Fair enough. It is their forums after all just seems odd to me.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-05-04 09:37:34  
Leviathan.Catnipthief said: »

I believe you meant to use the contraction "you're".

Here's where you can learn to differentiate between the forms of you:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4503303_use-youre.html

I hope your post on ffxiah was a beneficial and polite experience for you!
[+]
 Bismarck.Evilsuperman
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Evilsuperman 2012-05-04 09:38:11  
Also he didnt say anything about getting banned, basicly if someone newish is posting, don't bother posting your troll responses, and really, why would you waste your time doing so.
[+]
VIP
By alyria 2012-05-04 09:38:44  
ash...
[+]
 Phoenix.Elspetta
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-05-04 09:38:55  
Bismarck.Evilsuperman said: »
Also she didnt say anything about getting banned, basicly if someone newish is posting, don't bother posting your troll responses, and really, why would you waste your time doing so.
FTFY
[+]
 Bismarck.Evilsuperman
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Evilsuperman 2012-05-04 09:40:16  
Oh sorry she... my bad.
 Ragnarok.Yathatguy
By Ragnarok.Yathatguy 2012-05-04 09:40:23  
Ash...you smarty pants lol'd hard
[+]
By Alaister 2012-05-04 09:40:43  
It will also help you to find out who to avoid in game :)

Hello,

Lately i have noticed that instead of helping a new poster here for ffxiah or even helping them for ffxi, people are rude against them. Here on ffxiah we get many new people, some post, some don't but the ones that do normally are asking for help.

if you cannot contribute, help, or even be freakin nice... do not be the douchebag in the thread.

Point them to threads that can help them.

If you want to start to harass the person, you will be taking a break...

There are some here who are legit in looking for information, if you think the person is more than that, pm a mod or if its obvious they are not looking for genuine help report it...

I thank you very much in posting this thread :)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2012-05-04 09:41:42  
Over half the time, these newer people refuse to do even the simplest of tasks, such as looking these things up on wiki, doing a little work (math) themselves, or even bothering to read the countless existing threads which will fully answer their questions and then some. If after doing these things, they still don't understand or need help, I could understand asking for help and making a thread. Whatever happened to obvious (bad) trolling being nuked or shot down on the first page?

I wouldn't mind helping newer people if they didn't come across as total pants on head HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE idiots who want to do things in their own unique "I'm a snowflake" way, instead of following actual advice that is supported with mathematical evidence. This is a game of numbers, you can't make something work just because you want it to, it is either better than something else or isn't for a given situation. This should be a given when asking for help.

I'm not one to post that much myself, but the rudeness, etc. of some people is called for when the OP (and other posters) themselves comes across in a negative "I'm going to do it my way regardless of what you said so just either agree with me, or shut up" attitude.

tl;dr- I'm not saying people should just be total *** for no reason, but a lot of it could be considered called for given the nature and/or attitude of the OP themselves.

Odin.Godofgods said: »

/cheer!

No one likes people who won't take sound advice when given, or refuse to do some work on their own instead of being babied 24/7 either.

Just so you know, technically this site is a third party program.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-05-04 09:41:54  
ash...
I respect you as a mod and all but... When you say that, I see you as a security guard or something walking up to someone with a "I know what you did" face while doing this
[+]
By Alaister 2012-05-04 09:44:11  
Leviathan.Catnipthief said: »

Well if they have the mind of a 12 year old its hard to not act this way. Or if they are one of those perverts stuck in their mother's basement constantly in front of the pc, ya know... Its just immaturity.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9