users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Ruinator/Upheaval/Requiscat
Ruinator/Upheaval/Requiscat
 Lakshmi.Araan
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Azram
By Lakshmi.Araan 2012-06-01 13:20:34  
Anyone tried these weapon skills out on dark?
 Siren.Mcclane
サーバ: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-06-01 13:24:19  
One thing that comes to mind about these, they aren't Resolution.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-01 13:26:50  
Was playing around with Upheaval on DRK a bit after I unlocked it, does decent dmg concidering shitty GA options :p
Was just using my torcleaver setup at the time.
If your question is: Is it worth meriting for use on DRK, the answer is no.
Unless maybe you'r DRK only and don't have anything better to merit: If you for some reason can't get twilight scythe, I'd probably do sword after entropy\resolution, just because it has some very situational use.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-06-01 13:28:26  
None will be useful, except perhaps Req in very very few situations, and you don't need the merits for anything else. Then again, that'd only be if Twilight Scythe didn't exist.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-06-01 13:30:30  
Sad thing is DRK could probably do some decent Upheaval numbers with an HQ AH GAXE. I'd love to see some Epeen numbers with soul-eater up though. Entropy was rather dissapointing IMO.

Ruinator does kick ***, but it just isn't practical to dual weild on DRK. Could have some kind of use when doing an axe proc if you have left over TP but it seems way too situational.
 Lakshmi.Araan
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Azram
By Lakshmi.Araan 2012-06-01 16:25:59  
i have resolution/entropy fully merited just wondered if they might be viable options or just to screw around with.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-06-01 21:50:46  
It's more about getting a decent weapon behind these WS than the performance of the WS specifically.

If you could get a decent club, Realmrazer could be hilariously strong with Echoes atma and junk, but I think SE also noticed that and carefully left DRK off of it.

Requiescat is a bit of a joke even on DRK. The MND mod and attack penalty just completely neuters it anywhere but Abyssea, which conveniently is the only place you'll hear of decent performance from it. I dropped it to get Realmrazer to play with on PLD instead (Dualwield+Echoes+Belt/Gorget = 10.05 fTP :3)

Upheaval is pretty much a Torcleaver spread over four hits, and doesn't get Gorget/Belt bonus on all hits to make it any better.

If you want a WS for DRK that isn't Resolution, get Entropy.
 Valefor.Savain
サーバ: Valefor
user: Savain
By Valefor.Savain 2012-06-01 21:57:11  
DRK would make any of the three WSs good, but overall DPS would suffer. It's like axe WAR. It's not awful with a Farsha at 90+ mainhand for aftermath at 300TP during VW, but it's not an Ukon and never will be.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2012-06-01 22:07:55  
Diabolos.Raelia said: »
It's more about getting a decent weapon behind these WS than the performance of the WS specifically.

If you could get a decent club, Realmrazer could be hilariously strong with Echoes atma and junk, but I think SE also noticed that and carefully left DRK off of it.

Requiescat is a bit of a joke even on DRK. The MND mod and attack penalty just completely neuters it anywhere but Abyssea, which conveniently is the only place you'll hear of decent performance from it. I dropped it to get Realmrazer to play with on PLD instead (Dualwield+Echoes+Belt/Gorget = 10.05 fTP :3)

Upheaval is pretty much a Torcleaver spread over four hits, and doesn't get Gorget/Belt bonus on all hits to make it any better.

If you want a WS for DRK that isn't Resolution, get Entropy.

Also, the jobs on the new WSes has to do with what jobs naturally gain C+ skill in said weapon.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-06-01 23:17:40  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Also, the jobs on the new WSes has to do with what jobs naturally gain C+ skill in said weapon.
Yeah, I thought it was C-. Still a rare sense of some kind of avoided oversight there.

Other contention would be to change that challenge to 'on anything that matters'. I do suppose the attack penalty isn't as nasty for the lower ratio cap of one-handers though, but 20% is brutal.

Where for a 500 defense mob you'd need 1125 attack to cap 2-hander, and 1200 for Reso's ~7%(?) penalty...

You'd need the same 1200 attack to cap Requiescat on that target (500 * 2.0 / 0.8) and do so without the improved STR:Attack ratio of 2-handers and lower skill cap.

So it's a defense-ignoring WS that... still uses Att/Def with a massive attack penalty? Can we see why the PLDs said it was stupid from the start?

Requiescat has everything going wrong for it, and is just a silly handout to the gimps and/or jobs who can't get CDC for Abyssea e-peen.
 Odin.Arkista
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Arkista 2012-06-01 23:27:10  
I have Ruinator for BST its really good outside/inside Abyssea, In Dyna get around 3k+ for it which is better than my rampages I'm using 2x astolfo also.So 5/5 ruinator is worth it,Also make sure you have the gorget/belt for these ws cause they will help push your dmg up.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-01 23:51:14  
Requiescat doesn't ignore DEF, it ignores resistances. Big difference. And it isn't as bad as you're making it out to be, it has its uses and is only a couple of notches below CDC in terms of damage averages, it just obviously won't max anywhere near CDC.

However, DRK can't use CDC, and I fail to see why DRK would be using a sword to begin with.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-02 00:57:20  
Works great in Nyzul, just have to actually gear for it.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2012-06-02 01:27:47  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Requiescat doesn't ignore DEF, it ignores resistances. Big difference. And it isn't as bad as you're making it out to be, it has its uses and is only a couple of notches below CDC in terms of damage averages, it just obviously won't max anywhere near CDC.

However, DRK can't use CDC, and I fail to see why DRK would be using a sword to begin with.
The year is 2006. You're a Dark Knight. Currently, a proper sword/Vorpal Blade setup is more powerful than your Great Sword/Scythe option in any winning combination. Though you miss your scythe, Swords sort of grow on you. You think of them as a fall back option if ever, for any reason, they become more powerful than your main weapon.

Ok, but cutting the BS, it was a viable alternative before the 2handed update, and some DRKs just want to know if it could still be viable because it once was.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-06-02 08:15:49  
Asura.Vyre said: »
The year is 2006. You're a Dark Knight. Currently, a proper Axe Rampage setup is more powerful than your Great Sword/Scythe option in any winning combination. Though you miss your scythe, Axes sort of grow on you. You think of them as a fall back option if ever, for any reason, they become more powerful than your main weapon.

Ftfy.

Wood/Man
Man/Ridll
Man/KClub

Were the ***back then. Later Ridll/Kclub was the ***but that was 09 ish.
By Solrain 2012-06-02 09:00:39  
Ah the good old days, back when people laughed at that nerd Ragnarok and made him go sit in the corner next to Claustrum. Now he's the CEO of a huge company and banging hot broadswords.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-06-02 12:04:19  
Solrain said: »
Ah the good old days, back when people laughed at that nerd Ragnarok and made him go sit in the corner next to Claustrum. Now he's the CEO of a huge company and banging hot broadswords.

Definitely some truth there. I had two friends make Rag, one quit because it sucked, the other was pissed and later made Apoc.

The most broken weapon this game has ever seen was 06-07 Apoc, nothing would touch it, even now at 99.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-06-02 18:09:21  
Actually it wouldn't have any advantage today because DRK can cap equipment haste naturally. You're thinking of when DRK could only get ~20% on gear before Apoc or Rune Choppah and there was no 80% haste cap, so 93.75% haste was possible only with those weapons, but now that 93.75% would be reachable by any DRK so Apoc would be... normal?

So yeah, being able to cap gear haste anyway, presuming level 99 comes with level 99 gear, kinda dumps on the advantage you're talking about Apoc having back in the day.
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-06-02 18:26:12  
I maxed out Requiescat for PLD. The 3 reasons for that are:

- It was after finishing my Aegis so I'd be having fun on PLD a lot more.
- I have no plans on making an Almace.
- I will be making an Excalibur and KoR blows I hear, so needed a decent WS to go with it.

Seems like a good investment when looking at it that way, but for DRK...just no lol.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2012-06-02 18:44:44  
Actually it wouldn't have any advantage today because DRK can cap equipment haste naturally. You're thinking of when DRK could only get ~20% on gear before Apoc or Rune Choppah and there was no 80% haste cap, so 93.75% haste was possible only with those weapons, but now that 93.75% would be reachable by any DRK so Apoc would be... normal?

So yeah, being able to cap gear haste anyway, presuming level 99 comes with level 99 gear, kinda dumps on the advantage you're talking about Apoc having back in the day.

execept for the fact that DRK w Apoc can tp in 2% gear haste and pile on stp, crit rate, qa/ta/da, etc etc and maintain a superior WS frequency compared to other jobs.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-06-02 18:48:03  

I was comparing 06-07 Apoc DRK to any combo now. Not what would it be like if there still was no haste cap.

And nothing is a bit of a stretch but nothing is that broken for sure.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-06-02 19:41:11  
Quote:
execept for the fact that DRK w Apoc can tp in 2% gear haste and pile on stp, crit rate, qa/ta/da, etc etc and maintain a superior WS frequency compared to other jobs.
That would be cool, except you pretty much have to wear haste in the Head and Legs slot. Drk will pretty much always have 12% haste assuming Bale+2 and Phorcys, or 9% assuming Bale+2 and Calmecac, both will cap with anything in the situation mentioned.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-06-02 19:53:27  

?ish
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-06-02 21:30:29  
I doubt you'd want to switch your weapon out, but requiescat is great for nyzul mousses and some of the puddings.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-06-02 23:07:18  
Bismarck.Helel said: »
I doubt you'd want to switch your weapon out, but requiescat is great for nyzul mousses and some of the puddings.
If you're gonna switch, you switch to Twilight Scythe then.