HealingBreath - Revisiting Old Info+NEW Info/gear

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » HealingBreath - Revisiting old info+NEW info/gear
HealingBreath - Revisiting old info+NEW info/gear
First Page 2
By Lolakitty 2012-06-08 11:51:45  
I'm returning to DRG as my main after a long break. I am just curious about what gear is current as far as increasing wyvern HP for healing breath. What are the optimal sets at this point?

Also a quick question about macros. I'm planning on having one (or two if necessary at this point) for gear and then a trigger macro:

/equip head "Drachen Armet"
/ma "BARSPELL HERE" <me>
/wait 2
/equip head "Wyrm Armet"

Is this still the appropriate macro for /mage?

How does this macro work with regard to Restoring Breath JA?

I'm also working on getting Wyrm Armet +2 for that 95% increase in HB. Which leads me into my last quesion...What kind of numbers are you guys seeing with Armet +2? I was :Q___ when i saw this piece of gear.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-06-08 12:16:26  
Restoring breath is instant, skip the Drachen Armet and wait in that macro and just have the Wyrm + other wyvern HP gear on.

Your macro should still work just fine as described.

Little has truly changed in the past five years as far as healing wyverns go. There have been additional JAs added and boosts to the potency, but largely they behave as they always have.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-06-08 13:21:41  
Lolakitty said: »
I'm also working on getting Wyrm Armet +2 for that 95% increase in HB. Which leads me into my last quesion...What kind of numbers are you guys seeing with Armet +2? I was :Q___ when i saw this piece of gear.
I am also curious about this.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2012-06-08 13:46:28  
This is what I use for my healing breath.
Your text to link here...
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-06-08 13:56:21  
Bahamut.Boogerballs said: »
This is what I use for my healing breath. Your text to link here...

Lancer's Torque vs. Chanoix's Gorget?

I've continued using Chanoix's for Healing Breath and Lancer's Torque for Smithing Breath.

Is Lancer's better all around?

(I don't play dragoon all that much these days (currently in the process of making OAT), so I don't really have time to gear up and go out and test this myself if the answers are already out there, which I'd imagine they are. Simplistic enough to test, but...also at work atm, so no playing for me!)
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2012-06-08 14:15:44  
Its better. it provides a multiplier instead of just a few hp.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-08 14:32:00  
Looking at an inequality plot, it seems that Chanoix's is never better for healing breath at least assuming you're using Brais and Armet, for all forseeable wyvern HP values.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-06-08 20:42:39  
Right on.
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
user: Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2012-06-08 21:13:21  

This is what I use. Should be the best set available.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-06-08 21:48:12  
Ostreger Mitts > Wyrm Finger Gauntlets +2, strictly speaking?

Minor enhancement, but still.

Otherwise haste?

Or more HP. I've actually got my Homam hands in my set b/c I lost my Ostreger's some time muling years back.
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2012-06-08 22:06:14  
Oh yeah I forgot about the mitts. I had acknowledged that a while back in another thread. Your text to link here...

The Ostreger Mitts would be better; however, in regards to the wyverns base breath value they make a difference of 5 health restored.

I use the Wyrm Finger Gauntlets +2 because they have 22 HP on them (which is more than the 20 HP from Homam hands) and also because it's less strain on my inventory (I have 90 items that I use on Dragoon, obviously not all at the same time).

I can't say that I'm too concerned about a lack of haste in a breath build that I utilize for 2~4 seconds to be honest.

I used to use Savanna Gages (DEF:16 HP+100 MP-80 STR+7 DEX-4) but the -80 MP is horrible. But I will say that after taking a second look at potential HP hands I noticed Creek M Mitts (DEF:11 HP+65 STR+6 VIT+2 AGI-3) which would be a fair improvement. It's just a matter of whether or not I want that inventory -1 :/
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-06-08 22:13:34  
Oh, yeah. I'm just talking ideals here. Like I said. I use Homam becauase they're already in my "extended" inventory (satchel, sack, inventory) and they've got +HP and +haste, though I'm not sure haste does anything for barspell/dia's (dia is my preferred trigger) already-short recasts.
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2012-06-08 22:29:35  
Tough choice.

In my solo gear with whm sub I have 1,485HP and 299MP.

This raises to 1,753HP and 291MP in the healing breath set that I posted. Another reason that I liked those gloves is because the +22MP allows you to not lose as much MP if you happen to be capped.
If I change from Wyrm Finger Gauntlets +2 to Creek M Mitts it'd become 1,796HP and 269MP.

Meh, I'm sure it doesn't really matter. I'll probably stick with the Wyrm +2 hands because for the most part more HP simply means "more HP lost when you switch back to TP build."
But the real motivation is inventory >.>
By Ophannus 2012-06-08 23:47:55  
I think Chanoix was better during Deep Breathing last I heard but that was at 90 for HBIII, dunno if the same is true for HBIV at 99 with the DRG HP increase factored in. Keep Chanoix Gorget though for Steady Wing and Spirit Link though(Wyvern Max HP is a factor in Spirit Link potency).
 Sylph.Kelvinclein
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kelvinclein 2012-06-09 03:35:13  
Remember that Chanoix also increase Steady Wing Potency a lot.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-06-10 09:47:12  
Lakshmi.Zeosilot said: »
With a capped exp wyvern how much is it healing you for with this set?
 Sylph.Kelvinclein
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kelvinclein 2012-06-10 10:06:51  
I got a 1200 the other day.. dunno how much exactly because I have a very bad connection and sometimes double swap fails.
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2012-06-10 11:52:47  
Lakshmi.Tanama said: »
Lakshmi.Zeosilot said: »
With a capped exp wyvern how much is it healing you for with this set?

Lakshmi.Tanama
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-06-10 11:56:59  
Very nice. I need to upgrade my wyrm armet, greaves and drachen brais. This is my current set:

If I use HP+ food such as arrabiata or carbonara I'll use Lancer's plackart +2 instead of the wyvern mail.
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2012-06-10 12:07:54  
I carry Carbonara, but the only time I felt that the extra hp would be more beneficial over other foods was when I was soloing NW apollyon (3 kings). Kaiser Behemoth + Meteor = no bueno.

But it's certainly the better body piece if you do happen to use Carb on the regular.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-06-10 12:17:45  
Don't forget to make a good high hp set!

Mine uses 2 pieces of hume RSE though, but I'm sure good alternatives for other jobs can be found.
By Ophannus 2012-06-10 12:20:27  
I just did NW this morning, you should save your WS for when he's casting meteor. I've never been hit with meteor cuz I interrupt him 100% of the time. The wyrm is virtually impossible to solo on DRG by straight tanking, so I figured out if my wyvern tanks(let the wyvern hit it once then super jump) he only hits my wyvern for 100-130ish with native wyvern DT-% plus the other Pet Damage Taken-X% gear(AF2+2 legs/champion galea etc). The wyrm hits me for 200-400ish even with PDT gear on and Absolute Terror is a surefire way to wipe since it lasts a solid 45s-60s. Between Steady Wing and Spirit Link, my wyvern was able to kill it in about 8 minutes(spirit link with empathy to transfer over Haste and Ancient Circle to your wyvern). When SJ is up can run in and Drakesbane>Jump>Jump>Stardiver for a nice Gravitation SC then super jump your hate back to your wyvern again. Smiting Breaths with excellent wyvern HP gear and Empathy EXP parameter boost maxed does about 900+ too with Deep Breathing(about 470 without DB).
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2012-06-10 12:40:51  
When I soloed NW Apollyon I went 1/2 on him. First time I got him to 40% but I had real life distractions (cousins talking to me) so I died, then reraised.
Meteor isn't that bad due to how easy it is to interrupt; however, there's still that slight chance that he can thunderbolt > meteor and if you have less than 1000 HP you're doomed.

As for Cynoprosopi(Fafnir). I thought he was rather easy. I straight tanked him and was in no danger of dying at any time. Did you use Ancient Circle? Because with the base 10% Dragon Killer effect we get from our job + the 15% effect we get from Ancient Circle you get a 25% Intimidation rate. If you have Drachen Greaves (+1) that's +17% for a total of 27% Intimidation (32% if you feel like using Hell Steak ;p).
On top of that due to the boost they gave Ancient Circle that's a 15%/17% damage bonus against dragons coupled with 15%/17% damage resistance from dragons.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Drgg
サーバ: Odin
user: Seravolk
By Odin.Drgg 2012-07-13 07:23:11  
Quick question - For spellcast is there a command for it to gear swap on ANY spell, instead of just having to list all possible ones I'd use?

Edit: Curses! Necro'd!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-13 07:28:44  
You'll probably be better off with listing the ones you use, less work spellcast has to do and more stability.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [139 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kengo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kengosama
By Cerberus.Kengo 2012-11-29 18:06:18  
I had a quick question about Spellcast to trigger your HP threshold.
Code
<if spell="Cure*|Dia*|Bio*">
			<equip when="precast" set="AF Helm" />
			<aftercastdelay delay="2.5" />
			<equip when="midcast" set="WyvernHP" />
		</if>

Is my current rule to trigger my AF1 helm, then swap to my WyvernHP, and HP increasing gear. The rule seems to be inconstant. The swaps happen with debug on, but I don't think it's triggering Healing Breath at 50% HP. Is there something I'm missing?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-29 21:08:24  
You're switching to WyvernHP before the spell actually goes off, so you've got the wrong headpiece on.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Hyunkyl
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: hyunkyl
By Quetzalcoatl.Hyunkyl 2013-01-15 16:42:02  
Using pretty much the same set as Zeozilot(see higher up), AF2+2 feet VS Enif feet? Got both, just wanna maximize my breaths :)
 Bismarck.Oswin
user: Gatrie
By Bismarck.Oswin 2013-01-16 12:08:14  
Relic feet +2 are more HP for your wyvern.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [62 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2013-03-19 13:59:21  
If you're using Carbonara (or any high HP food) you should use Lancer Body +2 instead of the Wyvern Mail.
First Page 2