フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Need help prioritizing new gear and atmacites
Need help prioritizing new gear and atmacites
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-06-17 10:02:38  
'Allo, AH.

So I've really not been able to play a lot these last few months, mostly just log on and get some clears, and I've really always fell behind on how to gear Warrior. There's too much new stuff and I don't know where to start!

Here is my current TP set:

And here is my current Ukko Set:

The light earring has crit rate +1.

The first thing I should do is get my Ukko from 85 to 90, I was thinking. 16 claws left for that, so maybe I can do that this week, but other than that... I have no idea where to focus myself. What pieces should I get first? What should I get in general?

And I'm totally lost on atmacites.
 Sylph.Binckry
サーバ: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-06-17 10:32:57  
Generally with gear, I'd just look at the ukko's fury gear thread thing. Or just look up Kaerin on ffxiah, Kaerin's item sets has ukon TP/WS set for almost all occassions. Generally I compare kaerin's sets with Ejiin's sets then just go from there. You could get the Rancor mantle and ele gorget, btw. :p Can TP in rancor collar if you're one of those people who don't mind the DT+10%, Also the obvious armadaberk or valkyrie breastplate, which ever one you were planning on. But yeah, Ukko's gear thread! lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-06-17 11:34:05  
The only reason I didn't go there is because, from what I can see, that's for the pinnacle and ideals of the job.

Thanks for the help :) Had no idea there was a rancor back now, too!
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-06-17 12:06:48  
Not sure how much you have in the way of gil/skill/friends etc, but some easy changes are:

Spam Kaggen for phasmida belt, and replace your goading/blitz set up with phasmida/tyrant's

If you have the gil for a rancor mantle, you'd probably be better off spending it on a mekira-oto(+1) or hq grim cuirass. pretty small difference between rancor collar+atheling to go to rancor mantle+ele gorget, although binck is right, it is better.

Keep brutal on in your ws set.

Should probably tp in af earring over light earring, unless maybe you're in a high DA/TA situation, but I don't see 1 crit beating the da and att for tp

There are more improvements obviously, but beyond these you can probably go look in the ukko's thread.
[+]
 Sylph.Binckry
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-06-17 13:15:08  
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
The only reason I didn't go there is because, from what I can see, that's for the pinnacle and ideals of the job.

Thanks for the help :) Had no idea there was a rancor back now, too!
If you look for one of Kaerin's posts, he has this minimum/low-medium/medium-high/high rankings on TP sets, I'd advise looking at those and slowly working your way up. (I currently, cannot even get an ebody yet. -_- nid hates me. abody/mbody > mbodyx2 > abody > abody fuuuuuu)
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-06-17 13:24:29  
Bismarck.Altar said: »
Not sure how much you have in the way of gil/skill/friends etc, but some easy changes are:

Spam Kaggen for phasmida belt, and replace your goading/blitz set up with phasmida/tyrant's

If you have the gil for a rancor mantle, you'd probably be better off spending it on a mekira-oto(+1) or hq grim cuirass. pretty small difference between rancor collar+atheling to go to rancor mantle+ele gorget, although binck is right, it is better.

Keep brutal on in your ws set.

Should probably tp in af earring over light earring, unless maybe you're in a high DA/TA situation, but I don't see 1 crit beating the da and att for tp

There are more improvements obviously, but beyond these you can probably go look in the ukko's thread.

Thank you very much :) I really just need some direction to get the ball rollin'.

And 6 nidds with no body! :(
[+]
 Sylph.Binckry
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-06-17 13:31:40  
Ohyah, do you think you'll also be able to get in a Neo-Nyzul group? Most of the phorcys pieces are pretty useful for WAR.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-06-17 13:36:58  
I've been able to get into a few, but so far the 80 boss slowed us down each time :|

It's been horrible luck haha. I'm after body for WS.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-06-17 19:47:08  
You have bst and whm, no reason you can't solo the entirety of WotG for your moonshade earring
 Asura.Hotsoups
サーバ: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-06-17 20:24:12  
Although it can be done with the setup your WAR has now. I'd recommend upgrading your Ukon to 90 and getting a few more upgrades before attempting Nyzule.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-06-18 03:32:16  
maybe change elemental belt to windbuffet belt

for a 2hit ws windbuffet increase you ws in average with 0.133ftp at cap'ed hitrate off 95%. not counting in diminished effect on you DA though.
 Bismarck.Stani
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-06-18 05:25:41  
Standard atmacite set?
 Sylph.Binckry
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-06-18 10:27:07  
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
maybe change elemental belt to windbuffet belt

for a 2hit ws windbuffet increase you ws in average with 0.133ftp at cap'ed hitrate off 95%. not counting in diminished effect on you DA though.
I generally just use elemental belt when zergressor isn't up, otherwise it's windbuffet.

Bismarck.Stani said: »
Standard atmacite set?
Coercion/Valiant/Latitude, I think, it's all from the ukko's thread. Can put in discipline if you have a COR, or something.
 Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul
user: Landsoul
By Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul 2012-06-23 09:24:52  
Considering you're lacking some VW gear. It would also be worth looking into Avant Gloves +1 for WS and using them for TP untill you can get some phorcys gloves for Restraint down.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-06-24 17:31:55  
Speaking of VW TP gear, I was considering trying this setup out once I finish getting valiant to 15 (Latitude at 11/15 and Coercion at 15/15 are the other two atmacite I'm using):

Thoughts?
By Kaerin 2012-06-25 03:53:00  
Odin.Sheelay said: »
Speaking of VW TP gear, I was considering trying this setup out once I finish getting valiant to 15 (Latitude at 11/15 and Coercion at 15/15 are the other two atmacite I'm using):

Thoughts?

Orange Haub is ugly on cats, I vote no.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-06-25 20:47:57  
Kaerin said: »

Thoughts?

Orange Haub is ugly on cats, I vote no.

Aw hell no!!! That's just 'cause your cat has been blurple all this time along!!! Now, you try and be stuck with an AF1+1+1+2 look for as long as I have, 'cause The damn Wyrm insists on NOT putting out the right Abj, and try tell me orange doesn't feel fancy! DO IT!!!
 Sylph.Binckry
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-06-25 22:19:05  
Aw hell no!!! That's just 'cause your cat has been blurple all this time along!!! Now, you try and be stuck with an AF1+1+1+2 look for as long as I have, 'cause The damn Wyrm insists on NOT putting out the right Abj, and try tell me orange doesn't feel fancy! DO IT!!!
This is going to be me soon. h8 Nid. :|
By Kaerin 2012-06-26 01:22:30  
Do Odin! Odin can be done with 6 people and like 6k ampules to buy 1 person 3 feathers to enter your group.

EDIT:::
Just make sure one of them is a ninja and knows to cast migiwari at 76% 51% and 26$
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-06-26 01:41:01  
Already been doing it, and Odin says Shura feet.