Returning DRK -- Priorities To Get Up To Speed

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Returning DRK -- Priorities to get up to speed
Returning DRK -- Priorities to get up to speed
First Page 2
By Elizabet 2012-06-28 10:39:44  
Been reading about what I should get and and what not. So this isn't a post to ask about what gear I should be shooting for but instead its about wich to go after first, gear and other stuff.

I left at the end of the lvl 75 era, when dynamis was done in alliances and all. I just got back to the game, I got up to 99 and just about to unlock Resolution. Nin / War / Sam / Dnc subs are up to snuff. I have no relic, no mythic, no emp or magian weapons. Using Perle stuff, swift belt and brutal earring, rajas ring. So as you can see I start from the bottom of the bucket and the list from there is quite long.

So between getting a Rag / Apoc / OATgs, a sea gorget, AF3 and everything in between, what do you suggest I focused my efforts toward first.

In other words, what I am looking for is what is going to help me most that achievable in a small amount of time -or- that I can solo on my own so I can focus on that first, a priorities list.

Thanks.
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-06-28 10:55:13  
Any other 75+ jobs?

With Atmas, NIN and BST can solo AF3+2. DRK/DNC can probably solo some of the +1 mobs but again you'll need decent atma.

Merit Resolution 5/5 and buy any high lvl GS. You can work on the WSdmg Magian Great sword as a filler until you do OAT or greater.
By Elizabet 2012-06-28 10:57:56  
Only other 75+ jobs I have is SMN. BST is fairly low level but It seems to be the best thing to spend my time on right now? That and getting atmas unlocked?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-28 10:58:14  
What Taint said basicly.
The GS with stun add effect on AH will do you good until you can make a magian one.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-06-28 11:30:13  
Elizabet said: »
Only other 75+ jobs I have is SMN. BST is fairly low level but It seems to be the best thing to spend my time on right now? That and getting atmas unlocked?

Yeah BST is worth taking to 99, its pretty boring but you can get a lot done solo.
 Sylph.Binckry
サーバ: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-07-04 02:07:37  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
Any other 75+ jobs?

With Atmas, NIN and BST can solo AF3+2. DRK/DNC can probably solo some of the +1 mobs but again you'll need decent atma.

Merit Resolution 5/5 and buy any high lvl GS. You can work on the WSdmg Magian Great sword as a filler until you do OAT or greater.
I know this is actually really late to ask, but what NMs do you guys think are best to get +1/+2 items?
 Phoenix.Ashandarei
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ashandarei 2012-07-04 02:32:34  
+1 Head - Blazing Eruca
+1 Body - I got mine off of Dhorme Khim
+1 Hands - Got off of Sharabha
+1 Legs - Heqet/Cep-Kamuy
+1 Feet - Chhir Batti

+2 Head - Ulhuadshi
+2 Body - Bennu
+2 Hands - Azdaja if at all possible, but you'll likely get some from doing Ulhuadshi for your head.
+2 Legs - Amhuluk
+2 Feet - Sedna, easy fight, just might have to kill more than 2-3 times if unable to proc.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-07-04 02:47:18  
I ended up questing the hands in Uleguerand in my spare time, since it gave BLU and SMN seals as well

The quest is easy too, just pop a bomb, damage it up to 100% and drag it into a spot where it should explode
 Fenrir.Rekial
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Rekial
By Fenrir.Rekial 2012-07-07 16:10:15  
Level your bst and get dnc sub. Learn how to solo dynamis and make money. Beyond the r/ex gear there is still alot of good ah gear you can aim for.
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2012-07-07 16:15:19  
Personally if i had to start over i'd lvl BST get AH then > hoarfrost as a filler till i got Ragnarok

While the trial great swords are pimp it's time you could be putting into making money for ya rag or af3+2
By Elizabet 2012-07-12 15:58:21  
Update:

Got bst to 99, started solo dynamis to start my relic. (Decided to do Apoc first for the versatility, as I am half way into the OAT gs).

Managed to grab a Shadow Breastplate for a stepping stone and on my first tatter I got +3 acc and +1 triple attack on it. While not stellar, it'll do well for a while, like I said, a stepping stone.

@5 skillpoints away from Resolution, borrowed a Merc GS so that should be done tonight. Merits are allready stored. Axe isnt too far from ruinator as well that should help the dyna. (I've been averaging 120 currency per runs from the 5 runs I did so far)

Been leeching some +2 Items from friends doing Empy weapons, I'm trying to focus on the Head and Gloves first as they are the most lacking pieces for me. (perle head / homam gloves)

All and all, nothing was a brick wall thus far. Steady, and surely, i'll get there.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-07-12 16:32:32  
Ragnarok.Rezeak said: »
Personally if i had to start over i'd lvl BST get AH then > hoarfrost as a filler till i got Ragnarok

While the trial great swords are pimp it's time you could be putting into making money for ya rag or af3+2

If you play drk all day everyday, Ragnarok shouldn't be the first choice.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-07-12 16:35:19  
Cerberus.Detzu said: »

Isn't Rag basically the most powerful weapon in game atm?
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-07-12 16:47:09  
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
Cerberus.Detzu said: »

Isn't Rag basically the most powerful weapon in game atm?

It has the strongest ws yes.
So you can have borealis, hoarfrost or OAT while you're getting apoc. Then make ragnarok.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-12 16:54:45  
Not this again. Seriously, it's like everyone in FFXI who plays DRK has either a sleeping person or me for their WHM.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-07-12 16:56:03  
What's the point of making Apoc if it's the weaker weapon?

Simply asking because I've been helping my friend make Rag and we're about 70% done. Gotta make sure we dont have to do a last minute switcheroo.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-12 17:02:14  
Apparently SE deleted all mages from the game if you're on DRK and you're guaranteed to have 100+ TP always when your HP is critical.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-07-12 17:10:42  
Sorry, i thought we were talking about playing DRK in all situations.
Just make ragnarok. It has been proven several times that Resolution is stronger than Entropy.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-07-12 17:13:20  
What's the point of making Apoc if it's the weaker weapon?

Simply asking because I've been helping my friend make Rag and we're about 70% done. Gotta make sure we dont have to do a last minute switcheroo.

It's not the weaker weapon, it's the weaker WS.
Does your friend have WAR 99?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-12 17:22:11  
When your job is to do as much damage as fast as possible and maybe occasionally stun something, the weapon that does less damage is the weaker weapon.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-07-12 17:25:19  
So Apoc does less DoT and WS dmg than Rag?

Good.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-07-12 17:25:49  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
When your job is to do as much damage as fast as possible you play WAR.

Fixed.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-07-12 17:27:27  
ITT: jobs that benefit from owning a Ragnarok

also WAR doesn't have stun to my knowledge
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-07-12 17:31:12  
So Apoc does less DoT and WS dmg than Rag?

Good.

Of course.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-12 17:31:31  
Just because you need to bring someone on DRK to guarantee the supercharge on Chaos Roll doesn't mean that there is any fundamental difference between your goal as a DRK and your goal as a WAR.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-07-12 17:32:38  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
ITT: jobs that benefit from owning a Ragnarok

also WAR doesn't have stun to my knowledge

I thought there was mages in the game. Maybe i was wrong.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-07-12 17:33:48  
Just because you need to bring someone on DRK to guarantee the supercharge on Chaos Roll doesn't mean that there is any fundamental difference between your goal as a DRK and your goal as a WAR.

No but rag war > rag drk by far
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-12 17:36:42  
That's because WAR > DRK in the first place.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-07-12 17:36:49  
When your job is to do as much damage as fast as possible and maybe occasionally stun something, the weapon that does less damage is the weaker weapon.

Surely your mage/s should be stunning and if they don't have stun they can just precure.

Rag+WAR > Rag+DRK always by definition of damage is all that matters.
First Page 2