フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » W.Legs
W.Legs
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-24 17:08:03  
PLD cannot wear Cheviot/Umbra Cape~

RDM has natural MDB and can wear a lot of +INT options which also reduce some forms of magic damage.

I'm not saying PLD's abilities are lesser necessarily, just worse in a kited scenario compared to RDM. RDM can generate hate and recast shadows more quickly than a PLD, giving them a kiting advantage.
 Caitsith.Bryeen
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Bryeen
By Caitsith.Bryeen 2009-05-24 17:09:00  
Ludoggy said:
Bryeen said:
Eternaltriumph said:
Or we can stop *** QQing and agree they just go to whoever has the most points and can wear them. I don't care what job you are, if I'm a DRK and have 50+ points more than you, and we get 2-4 points per run, and you get them first? I'm spike flailing MoFos. If you put the time for them, you should be able to get them. Job priority fails.

^ this this this

I'm sure the guy without the job leveld and will never level it can get the item.

he was just giving an example QQ
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-24 17:09:47  
Bryeen said:
Ludoggy said:
Bryeen said:
Eternaltriumph said:
Or we can stop *** QQing and agree they just go to whoever has the most points and can wear them. I don't care what job you are, if I'm a DRK and have 50+ points more than you, and we get 2-4 points per run, and you get them first? I'm spike flailing MoFos. If you put the time for them, you should be able to get them. Job priority fails.

^ this this this

I'm sure the guy without the job leveld and will never level it can get the item.

he was just giving an example QQ

sorry I'm just an *** =x
 Shiva.Xellith
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-05-24 17:11:38  
majority of people who get wyrmal dont use them for "soloing" and ***. just running around. specifying "this job should get first" is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. i know a 75 rdm with dalmatica and duelists chapeau that never plays rdm and only got the dalmy for her blm to run around in cuz its pretty -

Point being - she earned that ***. So she can do w/e the hell she pleases with it
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-24 17:12:40  
Yeah, it's why job priority isn't perfect and why W Legs should be given to solo+tanking RDMs first, then tanking RDMs and PLDs, then other stuff. Impossible to do in practice, good in theory.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-05-24 17:15:17  
Rowland said:
Haseyo said:
Yeah letting solo Rdms have it first is like ughh...how does that benefit everyone else? Might as well apply normal rules for it. At least giving it to Plds first (main Plds that is) will make the endgame runs much smoother. Sure it may not be 'needed' but it sure as hell makes it easier, meaning more W.legs, meaning everyone is happy.

Those solo rdms can go get zipacna and other trigs to help the LS on their own time. They don't need to wait for the night of sky farming.

Why would you need wlegs to solo Despot/Zip/SC?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-05-24 17:19:18  
moot. Those are easy with or without.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-24 17:31:08  
Rowland said:
Kenshinn said:
Any Ls willing to use my kirin pop. the only rhing i want is W.legs. the rest is up to the LS.

Reminding everyone else why this thread was made.

Gogo Fenrir!

This ^

If you are going to discuss about Wlegs- RDM vs. PLD etc. then make it a seperate thread. The OP is asking if there is an ls on his server that can do kirin and only wants wlegs.

If there's an ls willing to help then respond, otherwise lay off. Thanks :)
 Fairy.Raikan
サーバ: Fairy
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-05-24 17:37:46  
True it went off topic, but I rather enjoyed this discussion though because I learned a bit from it, and I'm glad it continued as long as it did before a mod stepped in because I like learning (No offense Alyria).
 Asura.Zekky
サーバ: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-24 17:39:54  
Stop ruining our fun, Alyria. >(
 Seraph.Krispy
サーバ: Seraph
user: daNpwr
By Seraph.Krispy 2009-05-24 17:45:04  
Raenryong said:
LV 73 RDM PLD DRK RNG DRG BLU COR

RDM - Solo; don't get these for RDM over a soloist RDM; it's stupid.
PLD - Kiting obviously
DRK - Towngear
RNG - Movement speed though can also get Strider's/Trotter's/Skadi
DRG - Towngear
BLU - Towngear... maybe some solos?
COR - Movement speed though can also get Hermes' Sandals/Skadi

I'm having a hell of a time getting Crimson Cuisses cause people want them for town gear <_>

Also good for Fire Resist on PLD...
 Shiva.Xellith
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-05-24 17:46:47  
yea lets give wyrmal legs to the rdm who has the potential to solo stuff but never will.

lets give hecatomb to thfs over drgs because they OBVIOUSLY make better use of it.

puuullease. all this talk is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. at the end of the day it comes down to one thing:

who put the most in the LS to earn equipment they THEY CAN USE HOWEVER THEY WANT.

If a RDM solos enough then obviously he has enough points to get the wyrmal first and so he gets the crimson above others. If he is a slacker rdm who never does ***then he will NOT get it first.

Why would any LS give crimson to a rdm in the shell who occasionally solos pop items whenever he feels like it and shows up 5% of the time? They wouldnt. Theyd give it to the ones who actually attend on a regular basis.

Nobody should EVER get gear based soley on their job. they should get it on effort:reward ratio.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-24 17:51:25  
Alyria said to drop it so I'm going to~ I know my ideas are very biased. I'm happy to continue discussions over PMs if anyone wants to.

Good luck with getting your W Legs, OP!
 Cerberus.Demonknight
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Demonknight 2009-05-24 18:10:47  
Raenryong said:
Yeah, it's why job priority isn't perfect and why W Legs should be given to solo+tanking RDMs first, then tanking RDMs and PLDs, then other stuff. Impossible to do in practice, good in theory.

Job should have nothing to do w/ priority imho. Points based sky shell. He w/ the most points wins. A new rdm or pld shouldn't get priority after 2 runs or 3 farming runs over a person w/ 20-30 farming runs just due to them having a job that "benefits" from it more.
 Pandemonium.Knightofdragons
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Knightofdragons 2009-05-25 06:43:58  
Sorry W.abj legs arnt needed to kite any of those jailers

How is it Just town gear for BlueMage? Its the 2nd highest Def Legs Blu can get and if i'm not mistaking 2nd best piece for Cannonball(not counting HQ)
And Plz if a pld can't kite without them they need 2 go play new job, Kite'ing isnt that hard, and for Sea Jailers its one of the easyiest things, Only Jailer thats hard 2 kite is JoTemp, and Crim Legs dnt help much on that anyway

Drg - hp/Mp for drg/whm if they dnt have homam,
Cor towngear? Its MP for /whm
Drk is the only town gear i can see!

and if we rly want 2 get into it Drk/nin Can Kite jst aswell as pld/nin can! :D