users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Kawatsutsumi
Kawatsutsumi
 Fenrir.Cubone
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Cubone
By Fenrir.Cubone 2012-07-26 21:17:47  
Coming back after a break. Is this worth it to upgrade? I just need silver mirrors and riftsands. I have a masa already though so not sure if it's worth it...Would be the +44 dmg occ attacks twice path
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/19904/kawatsutsumi
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-26 21:24:57  
Thick Club.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cubone
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Cubone
By Fenrir.Cubone 2012-07-26 21:27:54  
lol
By Gimp 2012-07-26 21:58:25  
Ramuh.Austar said: »

this coupled with boomerang is pretty game breaking there are very few things and I do mean very few that have enough defense to survive two rounds of this even with full defense buffs.

A bit hard to get in HG/SS but worth the investment especially if you love these pokemon
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-07-29 15:26:13  
Short version is that OAT effects don't play nice with other DA/TA/QA effects, so jobs with a lot of DA/TA options (like WAR, for instance) don't get as much out of OAT as some others. SAM recently entered the upper echelon of native-DA jobs with the Zanshin update, so the OAT path isn't as strong an option as it is for some other X-hitters like DRG and DRK.

As I understand, it's still a very good Great Katana, but I'm not sure I'd spend that kind of scratch on it, especially when the Tp Bonus Kanto, Kikugosaku, and even a 90 Masamune are all pretty easy to get.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [64 days between previous and next post]
By macsdf1 2012-10-01 19:51:11  
It's actually pretty strong for farming. Dunno how it holds up vs hard stuff though. I outparsed a 99 amano with the 99 oat killing dynamis DC mobs, going /dnc not /war. Less dot dmg, but your ws frequency pulls ahead. Only avgs 300 less dmg on shohas vs an amano, but you do so many more shohas.
[+]
By Demule 2012-10-01 21:09:35  
Thats all good, however if you want a weapon that will do well even outside of fodder then masa/amano or even the tp bonus GK is better for the effort.

also why with the necro bumps? no one cares about your 64 day late information.
By macsdf1 2012-10-03 07:39:13  
Necrobump... it was like the 8th topic from the top...
I guess the forums are kinda dead shrug? Sorry if I don't live on the forums and haven't read em in a while.

Anyhow the oat2 will be the top bonus gk easily. Not if you are just trying to do the highest epeen WS, but overall dps.
 Asura.Zizek
サーバ: Asura
user: zizek
By Asura.Zizek 2012-10-03 07:48:01  
no one really cared about the necro except that guy, [+]
 Bismarck.Zagen
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-10-03 08:38:11  
macsdf1 said: »
It's actually pretty strong for farming. Dunno how it holds up vs hard stuff though. I outparsed a 99 amano with the 99 oat killing dynamis DC mobs, going /dnc not /war. Less dot dmg, but your ws frequency pulls ahead. Only avgs 300 less dmg on shohas vs an amano, but you do so many more shohas.
Only time more WS counts in Dynamis imo is if you're going the route of WS proc over JA proc which you're better off with a Quint Spear spamming nearly nonstop Penta Thurst/Stardiver.
By macsdf1 2012-10-03 17:55:55  
I fight DC mobs, so higher dps matters to kill them quicker. I do quint to legsweep, then finish with namas anyhow If I go for ws triggers. But lately been using pup instead. I typically kill 160-170 DC mobs in my runs with my 3-box.

Sam's str is in his WS, and with this weapon you WS alot. It's great for neo nyzul as well as dynamis. Shoha's dont slack that much behind anyways, my highest is 5600 or so on DC stuff in dynamis with the oat.