Late To The Chocobo Rasing/racing Game,help Please

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » Late to the Chocobo rasing/racing game,help please
Late to the Chocobo rasing/racing game,help please
By Shadowreeper 2012-08-24 14:56:34  
I gots a Chocobo im currently raising:-
Day 42
Strength - First Class
Endurance - First Class
Dicernment - A bit deficient
Receptivity - Poor
Abilities - Gallop
Color = Yellow

Anyways im still working on getting canter, even though my stats are better than the so called "Super chocobos" in the free runs, only difference is i dont have canter and they do, anyways is there an actual way to beat them? ive tried the 3 jockey orders with and without speed apple still always come close but never beat them. also another thing ive noticed is when i get close to them and then the standard mini cut scene plays for the crowd and then all of a sudden im a few paces back which is rubbish, anyone know why this is so? or am i just to assume SE have the free runs rigged up.
 Fenrir.Niniann
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2012-08-24 14:58:57  
I made a whole chocobo guide a while back.

Quick answer is no, you can't reliably beat the super chocobos regardless of your stats. It's pretty much impossible. If you use Speed Apples you should win most of the time with the right build, but it's a waste of money honestly. SE rigged the races.
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-08-24 15:06:09  
I always found the chocobo racing "event" to be total BS anyway, as you said, 1 minute you're winning, then you get a short cs and then you're losing. You have no control over your bird in the actual race other than force feeding it steroids.

Raising a chocobo purely for racing purposes is a waste of time imo.

I always thought it should have been more akin to FF7 chocobo racing where you actually had the option to manually control the bird or take your changes on a free running bird.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Cahlum
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2012-08-24 15:09:43  
The whole chocobo raising thing was always bs to me, why would a rental chocobo be as fast a first class racing chocobo. It's stupid.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2012-08-24 15:26:49  
So I just tried to edit my guide, and got slapped with a character limit. So that's cool... ._.;
By Shadowreeper 2012-08-24 16:01:38  
o you did Niniann? i shall be taking a look at that ^^
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2012-08-24 16:04:08  
Yep, the new thread can be found here.
By Shadowreeper 2012-08-25 05:41:33  
i thought i would apply the same tactic in the free runs from the swamptrot races (of which im currently working through) and use chocobo taping.

it was working at first i was very much in front of that black chocobo meteorbrian, then the infamous cut scene happens and all of a sudden im going slower and behind it again.

i swear there is not a way to beat them, but if there is a small chance of it happening i havent seen it yet.

And Ninian your guide has been helpful, helped fill in some blanks that would of otherwise gone unnoticed by myself ^^
By Shadowreeper 2012-08-25 11:12:01  
this sucks, the swamptrot races i come 1st in the 1st and 2nd races but the 3rd i cant win come 5th 4th 4th, thats 105 chocobucks wasted with my current stats (at top of post) with chocobo taping as my item of choice and on keep pace strategy.

any suggestions?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-25 11:25:18  
Fenrir.Niniann said: »
So I just tried to edit my guide, and got slapped with a character limit. So that's cool... ._.;
I run into that problem a lot :(
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-08-25 11:25:40  
Yeah me too :(
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2012-08-25 14:42:27  
Your stats aren't high enough to get past the Swamptrot. You need a fully capped bird. Additionally, SS STR/END is not a good choice, and it's very unlikely(impossible?) for you to obtain a Pullus Torque with that setup. You would want the Canter or Auto-Regen abilities too.
By Shadowreeper 2012-08-25 18:50:42  
Is there a particular setup i should do for those swamptrots?
By esdain 2012-08-25 19:59:48  
So what was that white chocobo thing about? I know it's in the dats and I believe I saw it in a cutscene in Pash once when I was raising mine... maybe. If anyone has any thoughts on what that was all about, please reply (and put in spoiler tag if you wanna).
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-08-25 20:50:26  
speaking of chocobo racing, wasn't the original races not totally random? vaguely recall hearing how someone figured out a pattern to the winner, and bet an *** load of gil on a bird with supposedly horrible odds and he won. and after repeating this several times, GMs caught on and banned him and ninja'd the racing.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2012-08-25 22:50:45  
Shadowreeper said: »
Is there a particular setup i should do for those swamptrots?

SS B A C, SS C S C, SS A B C, all work. It's ideal to have highish discernment so you don't run your endurance down to nothing.

esdain said: »
So what was that white chocobo thing about? I know it's in the dats and I believe I saw it in a cutscene in Pash once when I was raising mine... maybe. If anyone has any thoughts on what that was all about, please reply (and put in spoiler tag if you wanna).

As River Song says, "Spoilers."

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
speaking of chocobo racing, wasn't the original races not totally random? vaguely recall hearing how someone figured out a pattern to the winner, and bet an *** load of gil on a bird with supposedly horrible odds and he won. and after repeating this several times, GMs caught on and banned him and ninja'd the racing.

Pretty much this, yes. It's pretty stupid... Chocobo Racing is really only to get the Pullus Torque, and the trophies in your Mog House if you want. The only reliable income is doing Free Runs and selling dye. I tried betting on my own chocobo, and if you're going to win, there's a NPC in the Chocobo Circuit that completely ruins everything for you.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2012-08-25 23:16:14  
First off betting CAN'T pay off. Its a paramutial system. If no one else is betting any bet big enough to actually give you worthwhile gil throws the odds so far down....

And no one else bets.

Free runs are reliable income, but in the long run a good racer pays off. I will check my stands and give you my bird's lifetime record if you like and I remember. Also her stats, which aren't optimal but quite good enough.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Chocobo_Raising

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Chocobo_Racing_Guide

Their forum is pretty dead but still contains a LOT of good information:

http://forums.ffxiclopedia.org/viewforum.php?f=81&sid=d85e42343f0e77152bed7ee41b9c9521

The only reliable income is doing Free Runs and selling dye. I tried betting on my own chocobo, and if you're going to win, there's a NPC in the Chocobo Circuit that completely ruins everything for you.

Dye pays off better than wildgrass?

What NPC and how?
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2012-08-26 00:21:33  
Quote:

What NPC and how?

Not by NPCing, obviously. Wildgrass would be the best NPCing method. Honestly haven't played FFXI seriously in one or two years, and wouldn't know what dye would sell at anymore, or if people even care enough to buy it. :/
By Shadowreeper 2012-08-26 04:37:30  
Thanks i shall be taking all of the info you have given me and trying to implement something since i still have plenty of time left at the stables
By Shadowreeper 2012-08-26 06:44:01  
i dont want to go down the parasite worm route lowering a random stats and messing things up, im gonna put my bird on constant "dig for treasure" raising DSC and lowering END and feeding FirecrackerKing Zegham carrots.
i will also use my chocobucks for training RCP no doubt since that wont be getting a decent hit from anything except the carrots

Lots of time in stables i should make or atleast get close to
SS A B C
By Shadowreeper 2012-08-26 10:01:47  
This is now my 3rd day doing nothing but telling the "Canter" story.
i use up what energy is there at first and then used 1 chocolixir then told the storys again and then another chocolixir then told stories.

same thing for 3 days no lightbulb yet.

o my DSC is now average ; ;
 Siren.Calnus
サーバ: Siren
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-08-26 10:02:43  
I don't see much info on them... how hard are the trophies furniture items to get from the crystal stakes? Need to have the ultimate bird or just luck with a decent one?

Wouldn't mind getting the gold mythril and bronze ones to put with my plaques and carvings. I already have the stands as well.

Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2012-08-26 10:07:24  
Quote:
Dye pays off better than wildgrass? What NPC and how?
Not by NPCing, obviously. Wildgrass would be the best NPCing method. Honestly haven't played FFXI seriously in one or two years, and wouldn't know what dye would sell at anymore, or if people even care enough to buy it. :/

Come to odin then, i need a lot of certin types of racing tokens!
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2012-08-26 10:55:04  
I tried betting on my own chocobo, and if you're going to win, there's a NPC in the Chocobo Circuit that completely ruins everything for you.

Who? How? Its the paramutial system and lack of player betting that ruins everything IMHO.
By Shadowreeper 2012-08-27 07:31:30  
Finally learned Canter, nows i just got to work on reducing and raising some stats
By Shadowreeper 2012-08-31 12:43:10  
Followed the ninian guide on the Lethal Race and i keep losing,
got ss a b c stats now and i just lost 225 chocobucks, is this random chance or just not possible to win anymore?

Edit:- Scratch all that i won it on the 7th race >.>
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Guppeh
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Guppy
By Quetzalcoatl.Guppeh 2012-09-22 12:13:34  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

What NPC and how?

Not as an NPC item -- Chocobo Dye sells for a good price if you can find a crafter who needs it (but this can be difficult).