New Dragoon 2 Hour

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » New Dragoon 2 hour
New Dragoon 2 hour
By ZerroTol 2012-09-01 01:47:02  
I'm actually surprized it hasn't been talked about here yet, but I just joined the test server and thought I should post some info here that I just posted in the new 2 hour topic on the general board. The new drg 2 hour is called "Rouse Wyvern". It's supposed to heal wyvern, cure its status ailments, and increase breath effectivness. The first 2 parts of the 2 hour are complete garbage, so I figured I'ld look into the increases breath part real quick. Here's my copy and paste from 2 hour topic.

Quote:
Alright , so i just did a quick test to get a general idea on increases breath for the drg 2 hour. I went as 99 drg/sam. Wearing absolutally no gear at all, except for my 85 Rhong, this is what I found:

Restoring Breath(Pet command that triggers healing breath)

w/o Rouse Wyvern(The drg 2 hour ability name): 376 hp healed

with Rouse Wyvern active:

1st - 664 hp healed This is a 76.6 % increase
2nd - 650 hp healed This is a 72.2% increase

Now for breath attacks.

Frost Breath

w/o Rouse Wyvern: 275 damage
w Rouse Wyvern: 520 damage This is a 89% increase

Now obviously extensive testing will be needed, but I'll leave that up to the pros that know what there doing. This was just for a general idea. It seems "Rouse Wyvern" increase breath healing/damage from anywhere between 72-90%. Neither of the Healing breaths took me up to full hp, so capping didnt effect the amount healed. Also, the Frost breath was used on the same exact mob.

It seems it's a pretty nice increase though, and i'm sure it is factored in after gear/deep breathing, but that will also need to be tested. Although, its a nice increase, it's still useless as healing for 72-90% more for 30 seconds(thats how long 2 hour seemed to last) every 2 hours is almost never going to help you. It also doesnt come close to touching drgs old 2 hour. I hope the devs completely change this 2 hour and give us something differnt. At this point, no matter the situation, I would never chose new over old.

So, what do fellow drgs think? Is anyone running tests on this atm? I'm back to school this week, so i don't have the hours to put in to test this correctly. If your not happy with it, like me, please go to the General Board and into new 2 hours topic and tell the devs what you think. This might be our only chance to change it. They've already looked at several 2 hours people were complaining about, but seem to be ignoring drg. We need to get some attention on this, if we want it to change.
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-09-01 02:15:51  
At first I thought it said "Arouse Wyvern," and this was the first thing I thought of:

[+]
By Ophannus 2012-09-01 04:33:56  
It's like a fulltime deep breathing for 60 seconds that halves breath JA recasts and resets them if they've been used(like Spirit Surge for Jumps) and makes the wyvern immune to damage.

tl;dr:

-Deep Breathing+Spirit Link+Fanatic/Fools drink
-Halves Smiting/Restoring recasts to 30s
-Restores the breath JA timers upon use.

It also may increase the wyvern's melee stats but haven't tested it.
By ZerroTol 2012-09-01 15:47:17  
ah ok. i didnt check the recast timer, so I didnt see that. I also didnt notice that wyvern was immune to damage because it wasn't being attacked. At least it seems a little better than I thought. What do you think about it?
By Ophannus 2012-09-03 10:18:37  
Meh it's decent but definitely not a zerg 2hr. 25% JA haste is hard to beat. If you're soloing and need an extra push you could super jump and let your wyvern tank for a few minutes by using this 2hr and then riding out steady wing after it wears. Basically gives you a 1.5k+ Healing Breath(outside of abyssea, with proper gear) and you can restoring/smiting more often. Could be a better 2hr than Spirit Surge if you're low manning something and not getting a lot of magic haste as the 800ish Elemental Breaths after every WS could deal nice damage and the 30 second recast on 1500 healing breaths could keep your party alive a bit longer, not sure if the wyvern gains attack speed or higher base damage on hits though.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2012-10-12 09:18:30  
Hmm im actually looking forward to this. Im often at 78.X haste in zergs and blow through ws every couple seconds with ryu. Actually landing unresisted breaths for minimum of 500 damage (no gear) would be a serious boost. Toss in relic+2 during that time and im looking at 800+ boost to ws damage for the duration. I can do a LOT of ws in a zerg during that time.
By Ophannus 2012-10-14 13:15:51  
Only problem is most new NMs post-abyssea have breath damage reduction%. Odin v2 and Legion NMs have at least -75-90% Breath Damage Taken.