Item Drop Data - FFXIDB.com
First Page 2 3 4
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2012-09-10 14:44:21  
I added a link to each item page next to the Wiki links and it will take you to http://ffxidb.com which currently has drop data for items. The data is collected using Guildwork plugin and the site is maintained by Windower's Aureus. Later, I will feature some data on FFXIAH item page for your convenience and to quickly determine if drop data is currently available for each respective item. Let me know what you guys think!

Here is a sample: http://ffxidb.com/items/2488
[+]
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2012-09-10 14:55:50  
Very nice as usual, Scragg, Stan and everybody else involved! :)
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-09-10 14:59:40  
I have a question

What if you had a party, and everyone was using the guildwork plugin, would it make 6 unique entries? Is there a way for it to check if the data is coming from multiple people in a party or not? Wouldn't this throw off the data collected if it doesn't?
[+]
VIP
By aureus 2012-09-10 15:03:33  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
I have a question

What if you had a party, and everyone was using the guildwork plugin, would it make 6 unique entries? Is there a way for it to check if the data is coming from multiple people in a party or not? Wouldn't this throw off the data collected if it doesn't?

It would make 1 entry. A mob can only be killed once on a server at any given time, right? :)
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-09-10 15:05:10  
That's only assuming the plugin doesn't make 6 unique entries because everyone is using the plugin. That is why I'm asking.
VIP
By aureus 2012-09-10 15:08:55  
That's only assuming the plugin doesn't make 6 unique entries because everyone is using the plugin. That is why I'm asking.
The data would be uploaded 6 times, but it's only counted once.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2012-09-10 15:10:33  
The dynamic "screenshot" is very impressive.

I hate to be that guy, but it does make me wonder what other type of data is collected by GW in detail.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-10 15:11:07  
That's what he's saying. Since those duplicate entries are sent within a second or so of each other at most and guildwork already collects character information, it's easy to filter duplicate data.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-09-10 15:11:28  
Good to know then, love it btw, really is a nice tool to have.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2012-09-10 15:14:11  
Impressive, Aureus, should be interesting to see the results when there's a lot of data. Is it possible to factor in TH into the equation?
VIP
By aureus 2012-09-10 15:16:54  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Impressive, Aureus, should be interesting to see the results when there's a lot of data. Is it possible to factor in TH into the equation?
We collect some TH data, but only in a very broad sense of the word (presence of thf or /thf).

Byrth is currently looking into how to display it in a meaningful way.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2012-09-10 15:19:59  
Hopefully after enough data and statistical analysis you guys could spot definite TH gains and won't need to display multiple columns; one for each level of TH.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-09-10 15:21:00  
Only issues I've seen so far are no drop rates on chest obtained items (which I assume in not-practical/impossible) and drop percentages only go up to 100%, where certain items have over 100% (looking at umbral marrow in particular at this)
By theeklipse85 2012-09-10 15:32:30  
50% of the time this is going to work all the time
By Valentine 2012-09-10 15:39:33  
Quetzalcoatl.Zubis said: »

I hate to be that guy, but it does make me wonder what other type of data is collected by GW in detail.

You clearly don't know Aureus, Scragg, Stanislav, Kalila, Byrth and some other players that work on this kind of project and are helping us for such a long time now.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-09-10 15:40:46  
umm... I had no part in this :x
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-09-10 15:43:58  
Well... ya do now!
By Valentine 2012-09-10 15:45:40  
umm... I had no part in this :x

I'm talking generally hehe you're helping us for some time now xD
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Stanislav
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2012-09-10 16:13:13  

As said before the only private information GW Client ever collects is non-shout chat, but only if you are paying for Premium because its used for the remote chat feature.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-09-10 16:24:05  
Wow I wish I had known about this sooner. Really interesting information, like the drop rate of alex from the gears in BR being super high relative to AR (makes sense considering how few of them there are in BR).
 Shiva.Karichan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Kari
By Shiva.Karichan 2012-09-10 16:30:34  
This is lovely, thanks!
By krish 2012-09-10 16:34:16  
A while ago, I wrote a program that collected synth stats, not just your own but also people who were in chat range. It almost looked up their heading. I'd leave it running on a mule that was AFK by a guild. My goal was to use this data to try to sort out the "HQ code". Something like that for GW would be pretty cool.
By Otomis 2012-09-10 16:40:19  
Playing with it for 10 mins and all I can say is this is absolutely amazing and extremely useful. Thanks You.
 Bahamut.Bekisa
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-09-10 16:44:13  
Awesome job once again FFXIAH and Windower people!

Just your pertinent financial information such as bank account passwords, and mother's maiden name, as well as all information related to your POL account log on. ;) (/sarcasm off)

Back on a serious note, if they wanted anything from our accounts over the years, they could have had anything they wanted. The common 'fix action' for a lot of windower problems is "Run as Administrator", which is not the proper way to go about it but it is much easier to explain it that way then to tell 99% of the users the correct way to set up file permissions. Other 'third party programs' say that AV software may cause false positives since it hooks or listens to processes "so just ignore or whitelist them". How you think "Wiz" got so many people ;)

The fact that I've had my account since 2004 and have used Windower since almost day 1, among the thousands of other people, and they have never charged a dime, is a testament to their loyalty to the community.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2012-09-10 16:51:16  
Thank you Scragg.

Can we now please have updated Recipe lists and advanced searches returning all applicable items?
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-09-10 16:52:07  
I like how no VW bodies show up when you search. Rather appropriate.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-09-10 16:52:56  
It only compiles direct drops for very obvious reasons.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-09-10 16:53:05  
Because they don't drop. You receive them from an NPC chest.
By krish 2012-09-10 16:59:00  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Because they don't drop. You receive them from an NPC chest.

There's still an obtained message in the log isn't there?
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-09-10 17:00:58  
There's also an obtained message when you receive it from the NPC via cells, which would alter the data. I think it'd be nice if it had it, but it'll require some gymnastics to keep it accurate.
First Page 2 3 4