フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » DRK in Legion
DRK in Legion
 Asura.Kese
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2012-09-19 15:34:22  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Let's just ignore the successful groups that use Ryunohige DRGs because they're not inside of your sphere then
when did i ever say that? its much easier to say what would work best from the outside as you like to do, than actually having experience and knowing what works best.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-09-19 15:35:55  
I've done Mul plenty of times, and like to think I have a sound grasp on how the game works. Provide me with some proof, that isn't anecdotal, that tells me why a Ryunohige DRG utilizing both Drakesbane and Stardiver with constant AM3 won't be able to compete with a Ragnarok when they clearly will.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-09-19 15:41:46  
Mythic drg is so gimp.
[+]
 Asura.Kese
サーバ: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2012-09-19 15:42:53  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Mythic drg is so gimp.
hey lets take ***out of context, cuz thats what i was totally saying right?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-09-19 15:43:24  
Not enough rawr in that Rawrnohige obviously

Asura.Kese said: »
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Mythic drg is so gimp.
hey lets take ***out of context, cuz thats what i was totally saying right?

Not a lot of context to get wrong here. Somethingsomething about DRG beating a DRK meaning the DRK is gimp, obviously not because the DRG can actually do that; something wave 2~3 mul 5% crit not keeping up; something about 20+ Mul wins actually meaning *** all. Implies, to me, that you're trying to say Ryunohige isn't fit for the task, and that you shouldn't be bringing anything short of Ragnarok DRKs and WARs. Though from comments earlier in the thread, it would seem WAR is preferred over DRK too.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-09-19 15:57:47  
I don't see the problem with drg. Ryu is an extremely powerful weapon and Stardiver is ***; Drakes may be inferior but AM3 is rather easy to keep up on this job. And I wouldn't disregard Angon's utility either for this event.

Feel free to bring warriors only to rotate BR, sure it's awesome, but I think there's a difference between efficiency and narrow-mindedness.

Derailed topic is derailed.
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-09-19 15:59:00  
Screw you all. Mnk is the best and only job capable of DDing in Mul and the only time any other DD even comes close to our dps is when wars 2hour.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-09-19 16:00:51  
Better change your flag to French sir
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-09-19 16:04:41  
-Tomahawk for the Paramount Botulus
-Ragnarok Warrior
-Mighty Strikes

Angon is probably near useless for the majority
By Gimpness 2012-09-19 16:05:34  
Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Screw you all. Mnk is the best and only job capable of DDing in Mul and the only time any other DD even comes close to our dps is when wars 2hour.
getthefuckoutpimpchan.jpg

I couldn't find it ;-; where'd it go D:

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
-Tomahawk for the Paramount Botulus
-Ragnarok Warrior
-Mighty Strikes

Angon is probably near useless for the majority
even more so if ageha got fixed.
 Lakshmi.Kukailimoku
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kuahana
By Lakshmi.Kukailimoku 2012-09-19 16:11:07  
i hate to be the sober guy at the party but this seems A LOT off topic to the point where no one is even sticking to the thread question anymore. drg arguments in the drk forums...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-19 16:12:00  
OP's question has already been answered, as long as he doesn't care it doesn't really matter. Shifts in conversation are completely normal.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-09-19 16:12:59  
By Gimpness 2012-09-19 16:13:04  
think the questions from the OP were already answered~

edit: and I was beaten.
By Gimpness 2012-09-19 16:13:28  
stealing this~
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-09-19 16:14:47  
you're welcome sir
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-09-19 16:15:37  
A friend linked to me to a discussion on bg with Ageha landing on some high-end things, infact the main contributer was Prothescar.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-09-19 16:16:04  
Yeah Angon isn't much of a factor in it at all, which is why I haven't mentioned it
By Gimpness 2012-09-19 16:16:18  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
A friend linked to me to a discussion on bg with Ageha landing on some high-end things, infact the main contributer was Prothescar.

Pretty sure it's just on the test server for now, hopefully they'll actually implement it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-09-19 16:17:11  
Hoping it's carried over. It seems to have been a single widespread issue since every broken magic accuracy "trait" on spells and weaponskills has been fixed at once.
 Lakshmi.Kukailimoku
user: Kuahana
By Lakshmi.Kukailimoku 2012-09-19 16:17:29  
seems to me the 'normal' thing to do would be to make a Drg in legion thread in the drg forums and do this there but if i'm THAT guy then forget i said anything
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-09-19 16:17:45  
Better change your flag to French sir
I see what you did there.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-09-19 16:19:47  
I did some testings of my own in the odd occasions I SAM to Mul. Aside the two naraka, everything else died too fast to test. It landed on both Naraka in Mul, due to a shitty experince with the wave2 Naraka, we didn't get time to fight a Botulus, and the gallu died too fast
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-09-19 18:25:06  
Yeah Angon isn't much of a factor in it at all, which is why I haven't mentioned it

Someone mentioned Drake's attack penalty, Angon fixes that, though only for 90s out of 180. There is some use to a -25% defense debuff, especially if someone isn't at capped ratio.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
user: Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2012-09-19 19:21:43  
With ryu, drakes actually still is on par with or slightly better than stardiver on wave 2 and 3 from what i've found.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-09-19 19:31:51  
Lakshmi.Vitali said: »
With ryu, drakes actually still is on par with or slightly better than stardiver on wave 2 and 3 from what i've found.
I've had the same experience. You'd think the atk penalty and mul wave2~ crit- would kill it. But WSDMG+30% counts for alot.

While drakes is still slightly better, I typically toss in a stardiver per mob, in the hopes it might help unfloor my crit rate. Helps the other DDs a bit too.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2012-09-19 19:47:29  
yea, we also do a blood rage rotation too so it's up a large amount of the time. maybe with rahmu's favor we'd be able to overcome the -30.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-20 11:40:08  
Strange said we were still floored vs. Wave 2 even with the BR rotation, so we switched to warcry so we can get a little boost at least. Floor is 1%, not 5%, and we should probably stick to a blood rage rotation so our ws boost uncaps us.

I should start with a 18% minimum crit rate in Mul. If I parse 1% despite blood rage, the penalty may be even larger than we thought. With stardiver and blood rage you would expect a 43% crit rate.

Also, I suspect monsters in mul have an increased crit rate when they hit me. Almost every mob in the game had a floored crit rate on me due to my enemy crit merits, but last night I was eyeballing an uncapped crit rate on mobs hitting me. Perhaps that mob crit rate gear is less of a joke than I thought.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2012-09-20 12:01:28  
Yea, i just looked through last weeks too. There were a couple of times where some of us had a 3-4% crit rate (1 crit hit) on some of the wave 2 mobs, but other than that we were still floored.