users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Entropy Earrings
Entropy Earrings
 Phoenix.Urteil
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-09-30 05:56:47  
Does 4INT from Aquilo's pearl beat moonshade +25tpbonus on Entropy.

Also please keep in mind from Liberator I have overflow TP for Entropy 99% of the time.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-09-30 06:08:56  
No.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2012-09-30 06:10:41  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
No.

yes
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-09-30 06:18:27  
oooooh grats on Liberator Urtell. Didn't see you get it. Awesome!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-09-30 06:29:26  
While we don't always see eye to eye, grats on Liberator, it's quite an accomplishment. As for the question, I don't see 3~ WSC beating the extra fTP ever, however I haven't done any actual math to back that up.

Edit: passed it through my hastily made spreadhseet, should be accurate enough to verify which earring is superior, Moonshade by a mile.
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-09-30 07:45:17  
Obviously if its 300% tp moonshades 25tp bonus is void so make a set for 300% tp and a set for lower.

Unless ive got that totally wrong and the tp bonus still makes a difference.

Edit: forgot, congrats on liberator.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-09-30 10:58:30  
Odin.Creaucent said: »
Obviously if its 300% tp moonshades 25tp bonus is void so make a set for 300% tp and a set for lower.

There won't be a time where Entropy will be used at 300% TP, it will be always be insurgency at 300 then Entropy as soon as I am able.

Even in VW, where I don't use wings because it is actually counterproductive, I will not Entropy at 300% if but once in a very seldom blue moon.

I've been using moonshade/aquilo for quite some time but since I have managed to get a hold of a second aquilo I'm wondering if Aquilo's(2)might possibly edge out the moonshade.

Even for a person who plays only Dark Knight, I find it hard to be able to justify this 4INT/3m/-1inventory space earring.
It seems I am going to have to try and pawn this earring off as the consensus seems to be abundantly clear.

PS: Thank you for the congratulations everyone, I've had the scythe for a couple of months now, but it still has not set in. Even when gazing upon it in my inventory.
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-09-30 11:21:26  
Phoenix.Urteil said: »

There won't be a time where Entropy will be used at 300% TP.

Just answered your own question then only time aquilos will beat moonshade is when tp is capped.
 Ragnarok.Connavarr
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Connavarr
By Ragnarok.Connavarr 2012-09-30 11:48:26  
Off-topic since the question was answered:

How does Insurgency perform with the Mythic scythe? I always loved seeing the weaponskill, was sad it was weaker then Guillotine. I use it from time to time just because it looks great, low damage be damned lol.

Also, grats on the Liberator!
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-09-30 11:50:47  
Phoenix.Urteil said: »

There won't be a time where Entropy will be used at 300% TP.

Just answered your own question then only time aquilos will beat moonshade is when tp is capped.

The thread was obviously for when TP isn't capped.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-09-30 12:03:14  
Ragnarok.Connavarr said: »

How does Insurgency perform with the Mythic scythe? I always loved seeing the weaponskill, was sad it was weaker then Guillotine. I use it from time to time just because it looks great, low damage be damned lol.

I don't see insurgency outperforming entropy ever in PvE, Entropy consistently does more damage. I only use it to activate Aftermath, I was hoping it would be more powerful as I really like the way it looks.
(It doesn't even have a cool enfeebling effect -_-)
**I will continue to keep an eye on this.

The best thing about Liberator is being able to steal +69INT with NetherVoid or lower a monsters AGI/VIT by that amount for zerging. I usually choose AGI to boost the accuracy of my alliance and crit rate. (Unless I want to be selfish and take INT.)

Capping accuracy is a concern (where the rest of my armory has allowed me to neglect this), without capped accuracy the weapon loses (I suppose any weapon) much of its power. The only event I have had to make a concentrated effort is legion. I have a lowAcc/HighAcc set, the OAT/OATh makes it well worth it to sacrifice some multi hit pieces to achieve capped accuracy. (When Agressor/DEye(1merit) is down.)

It performs well on Odin II as the Aftermath Lv3. Cannot be dispelled.

In PvP because insurgency gets a 35% boost, it bypasses DT and allows one to more easily hit the damage cap for single attacks (999) and sometimes break a 1000 if I get lucky. However it pales in comparison to the power of the other Relic one hitters Weaponskills such as Scoourge/Cata/Kaiten etc as they get the ability to bypass 45% DT.

Liberator is actually a lackluster weapon in (1v1) more often than not as I do not use it to fight melee jobs that much. Liberator does not possess the ability to heal me, superior WS offense power, augment my defensive sets with 10% haste aftermath for a deadly 20~s after my WS, nor the unbridled ODD that my weapon of choice Apocalypse does.

The jobs that it does perform well on are wizard classes with enfeebling ability, I can manifest absorb-mnd/int to reduce potency/accuracy of deadly enfeebles by usually maximizing dInt/dMnd at 50 (break/bind), and the +35macc when used in conjunction with sandstorm/hailstorm/klimaform makes my break/bind very accurate. This is of course assuming SCH sub.

In team play with access to regain it is quite potent, but the power of Apocalypse is still a force to be reckoned with.

Who knows what will happen to my spell selection or what spells updates may bring. The neat thing about this weapon (and a reason why I was compelled to make it) was it seems to echo aspects of my job that I feel are lost on many. Liberator has the ability to augment the job in powerful ways if its magic side is developed further, in addition to being a respectable DD weapon.

It is unfortunate that to feel like more of a "Magic Knight" outside of PvP I had to make a mythic, I hope in time this aspect of my job will shine true again and the mythic will simply augment it.

INT merits for life ***.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-30 12:24:27  
Ragnarok.Connavarr said: »

Damage should be pretty similar between the two thanks to the 30% WSD bonus. Which comes out on top will depend on pDIF (Entropy sets will have a bit less attack, but this doesn't matter if you're capped) and gear selection (Huginn legs offer a more substantial boost to Entropy than Insurgency). Since we're talking about a weapon that's well suited to low-eva targets that last less than three minutes, I'd generally stick to Entropy.

EDIT: I forgot Absorb spells are actually kind of useful with Liberator. Entropy obviously wins by a long shot with Abs-INT up.
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-09-30 16:54:25  
Dark specific spells should be instant cast.
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-09-30 17:01:56  
If anything just carry Strophadic Earring instead of an Aquillo's Pearl. Much easier to justify -1 inventory with multipurpose for just one less INT.

Edit: Hmm, thought that was +Macc on it, not +Ele skill. Perhaps a 'nevermind'.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-10-01 09:19:46  
Definitely moonshade.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-09 02:37:58  
Twilight Mail or Phorcys?

Been hearing this actually come up assumed due to multi hit nature of Entropy/100% mod, twilight wins.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-09 04:47:28  
Twilight last I checked.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-10-09 05:02:55  
I hate shinryu more and more.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-10-09 05:39:25  
7% on first hit only is then 1.75%, but 5% attack is nothing to sneeze at if accuracy is capped.

It's closer than it seems. 15 INT is maybe 5% more WSC, so if attack is uncapped too it's the Accuracy that really makes the difference.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-10-09 07:11:21  
Diabolos.Raelia said: »
7% on first hit only is then 1.75%, but 5% attack is nothing to sneeze at if accuracy is capped.

If ACC is capped, ATT better be capped. Last I checked ATT was the last thing DRK had to worry about.