Alchemist's torque
 Quetzalcoatl.Stik
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: hectordc5
By Quetzalcoatl.Stik 2013-03-25 02:35:24  
Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »
Got mine after 2 attempts, few hours each time. Did the camp at D-12, with 5 weapons, then 2 more NW of the room, which is enough for the page trial. Non stop killing as a relic DRK. Aim for Level 2-3 Casket Discovery and it's just a waiting game after that.

THIS GUY DIDNT SHUT UP ABOUT GETTING THIS
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-25 02:38:10  
I got mine, doing an uptala run. I just like to play with the number puzzle of the brown caskets. It aint even my main craft >_<.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [159 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
サーバ: Shiva
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2013-08-30 18:43:37  
I got mine while I was farming mythril ore for RR earrings and skilling up my automaton on the golems in the corridor where Zipnaca spawns. Only good drop I've gotten from a coffer. I really need to get the skill up rings/earrings.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-08-30 18:59:30  
I went 1/1 on mine during an uptala run one day.

Can't even remember what job I was on when I got it
 Lakshmi.Mithradee
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Mithradee
By Lakshmi.Mithradee 2013-08-30 19:06:08  
Got mine when I ran up to kill a BB for someone on THF and killed a random and there it was. Got a smithing torque on my main doing a VW and now having to farm it on my mule that does the smithing. So far no luck at all.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-08-30 19:20:04  
If your mule is on the same account, you should be able to just send the smithing torque you have, over to your mule.

If not, please disregard.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [403 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-08 03:36:04  
This has been frustrating so far! Currently doing statues and having no luck, already capped my merits to 40, spent them, came back and now almost capped merits again @41.

I know I could stay there and always keep lvl 5 casket discovery but I also have done very little of the new merits and could also get a lot of merit battlefield KIs.

I keep feeling like it has to be the right chest soon but it never happens for me.

Inevitably I think I'm just looking for an excuse not to start skilling up on hexed gear as I'm lvl 106, I'm stocking up on yggdreant roots at the moment for 108-110 in combination with hexed doublets.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [84 days between previous and next post]
By lhova 2014-12-30 17:10:41  
THis damn torque DOES NOT DROP!
By Pantafernando 2014-12-30 17:23:18  
Thats correct.

It should rise (from box).
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-30 18:18:56  
Every box you fail to open, contains TWO Alchemy Torques.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-12-30 18:24:56  
You wanna talk pain, try Weaver's torque.

Friend went a week+, 4 hours a day till she got it. I went 2-3 days or so. *** Matsui.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-30 18:26:26  
I eventually got mine, took several days, probably about average, much slightly unlucky.
 Leviathan.Demoniqex
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Demoniqex
By Leviathan.Demoniqex 2014-12-30 18:56:38  
It's not a alchemist torque but my goldsmiths torque story. After spending 12hrs in the den, openings what seemed like hundreds of chests It finally appeared. No sooner after opening it (5sec) the box closed on me a disappeared with my torque inside. Nearly Threw my xbox. So now am going for torque #2 and just does not want to drop. Now been here for 24 hrs. Moral of the story always have free inv space to obtain that ***quick /face palm.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-01-03 09:25:01  
I farmed elems in the shrine and the palace for months on end for gil back when level 99 was first introduced.

So the Alchemy Torque + Terminus Ring sort of just happened incidentally for me tbh. I have about 6 Terminus Rings on the main account because I used to send them to mules before going back out farming on BST mules.

Weavers Torque took me a couple of full 45 merits a month or so ago for my new cloth mule.

Hit the Den up the other night just to try for the gold torque for a while. Got it at 24 merits doing a page at the same time.

The woodworkers one still escapes me. The tree can be a right pain to hold onto a camp in. So I only pop up there now and again for a few hours.
By lhova 2015-01-12 14:15:46  
I can't even get the casket powers to rise past 1 lol. All these garbage powers.
 Asura.Highwynn
サーバ: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-12 14:44:07  
Just got my culinarian torque. It was myriad mystery box, i went blu/rdm to gustav and signed up for GoV for the mid levelish mobs 67~. Just trained bunches of mobs and subductioned. Within 1 hour i was at rank 3 or rank 4 casket discovery and every cluster of mobs of 9-10 mobs, like 8 or 9 dropped chests and half were brown chests. It took maybe 45 min from then on to see torque but saw like 3 limnus earrings. Blu/rdm with clubs, just subduction GoV mobs to get casket prowesses. Only try to get torque during myriad mystery box, otherwise, you're not gonna have a good time.

I have to crafting torques now and this method is by far the fastest. You could thf it and bring keys to assure 100% of boxes open but this brute force method had several brown chests per wave of mobs killed so i was bound to see it eventually.
By lhova 2015-01-12 18:47:35  
Asura.Highwynn said: »
Just got my culinarian torque. It was myriad mystery box, i went blu/rdm to gustav and signed up for GoV for the mid levelish mobs 67~. Just trained bunches of mobs and subductioned. Within 1 hour i was at rank 3 or rank 4 casket discovery and every cluster of mobs of 9-10 mobs, like 8 or 9 dropped chests and half were brown chests. It took maybe 45 min from then on to see torque but saw like 3 limnus earrings. Blu/rdm with clubs, just subduction GoV mobs to get casket prowesses. Only try to get torque during myriad mystery box, otherwise, you're not gonna have a good time.

I have to crafting torques now and this method is by far the fastest. You could thf it and bring keys to assure 100% of boxes open but this brute force method had several brown chests per wave of mobs killed so i was bound to see it eventually.

That works in sky too?
 Fenrir.Magi
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2015-01-12 18:58:45  
Mystery box buff doesn't affect sky, sadly. But yes, in zones where casket rates suck (boyahda, sky) it's better to train and cleave mobs doing GoV. Zones like Den of Rancor, if you pull too many you probably wont be able to open all brown boxes solo. I'd pull like 20 or so mobs in the Den of Rancor, about 8-9 aura statues in Ru'Avitau. In Boyahda, I would mass pull spiders/funguars/rabbits/mandies near the entrance since the brown casket rate was so bad.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-01-12 18:58:46  
lhova said: »
That works in sky too?
Last I checked, Kupowers don't work in SKY.
However, you can do GoV pages enough to get Treasure Casket Discovery+5.
It can take some time, however, if you're not lucky.
But keep at it. Eventually you'll have all prowesses at cap.
By lhova 2015-01-16 17:19:39  
Fenrir.Magi said: »
Mystery box buff doesn't affect sky, sadly. But yes, in zones where casket rates suck (boyahda, sky) it's better to train and cleave mobs doing GoV. Zones like Den of Rancor, if you pull too many you probably wont be able to open all brown boxes solo. I'd pull like 20 or so mobs in the Den of Rancor, about 8-9 aura statues in Ru'Avitau. In Boyahda, I would mass pull spiders/funguars/rabbits/mandies near the entrance since the brown casket rate was so bad.

I can't really train mobs here in sky. I'm just killing weapons with capped prowess and crappy luck. "Best" drop so far is a dragon ring lol.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-16 17:55:29  
I farmed sky for weaver's for 9 days and did not fail a single chest since cycling 2 mules in and out selling 17m worth of raxa lol best of luck to you, you poor ***
 Bismarck.Pimpjuice
By Bismarck.Pimpjuice 2015-01-16 18:11:41  
got one within 5 mins up there. just pure luck i guess.
 Fenrir.Magi
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2015-01-16 18:13:43  
Verda said: »
I can train mobs on a 90 thf so you should be able to do it on a 99. Just go to where all the dolls are near where Despot spawns. Use an AoE Weapon skill with a white mage, and 2 black mage trusts. Profit. I can kill 4 without any problems. I haven't tried more. But I'm sure I could get up to 6. And as a 99 you could probably pull all of them :|

He's going for Alchemist's in Velugannon Palace, which has sparse mobs to pull iirc. Probably best bet would be training either those statues or uhh weapons near Brig weapon spawn.. I haven't tried my luck yet. I just hate training casting mobs though, which is why I preferred aura statues over deco weapons for weaver's torque.

@pimpjuice: pure luck, way to sprinkle salt on their wounds.
@anjisnu: at least you made a killing off raxa lol

Just to give you an idea of brown rate, these are typical Celestial Nexus camp pulls with a few Casket Prowess, I don't remember how many. Of course some times you'd get only one or none at all, but from my experience getting over 4-5 caskets is a waste cause I wouldn't have time to open them all:

At first I would bring a healer and wear -50%pdt, but eventually I got confortable enough to just use trusts.

You can do 2 pulls, half of each hallways in the celestial nexus loop (and farm dark clusters in between if you dont wanna wait for respawns). I liked it here better than Ulli camp because I didn't have to wait as long on repops.
[+]
By lhova 2015-01-17 09:04:53  
24 hrs in and still can't get it. I'm capped on all prowess and I'm sad because I can't leave until I get this damn thing. :(
 Ragnarok.Orlind
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-01-17 10:01:55  
lhova said: »
24 hrs in and still can't get it. I'm capped on all prowess and I'm sad because I can't leave until I get this damn thing. :(

I got all my prowess capped within 24 hrs too and it still look me about 5 days total to get the torque. I missed a couple things too but was really happy when I got mine.

Just keep at it!
By lhova 2015-01-19 08:03:42  
Finally got it! I was just about to give up too, lol. Thanks for the support. Now I know how jack Nicholson in the shining felt lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-01-19 08:51:34  
They'll give em away at some point >.>
[+]
 Odin.Jsmooth
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Jsmooth 2015-01-19 10:04:26  
I managed to farm 3 torques in a day last week. 90 minutes for smithing, 5 hours for gold, and 30 min for cloth lol. I gave up after 4 hours for bone!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2807 days between previous and next post]
 Midgardsormr.Mashengo
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: mashengo
By Midgardsormr.Mashengo 2022-09-26 11:18:44  
Random question, I'm currently working on phase 2 of Ecu, and so need a lot of cermet. Has anybody strayed from the guide (weapons) and gotten the torque by killing the Dustbusters instead, so you can farm magic pot shards as well?