users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Alchemy » Alchemist's torque
Alchemist's torque
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-09-26 11:31:57  
I farmed it exclusively on pots, caretakers, etc. Unless you get really unlucky on torque, you won't get a significant amount of cermet, but it's better than nothing!
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-09-26 13:29:58  
With torques, if you have a way to pull a horde of mobs and AoE (BLU/BST/WAR/SMN etc.) it speeds things up, but you've still got to work hard and not hope too much. That's what hurts... when you're hoping too much for it to appear instead of getting into the flow.

You should get to the point you almost forget why you're there, that's the level of consistency needed. Windower has a box opening plugin that helps a ton. You can't rely too hard on Thief's tools or keys because sometimes they refuse to give you the last clue needed to 100% know what the answer is. It's easy to burn through many of those, and it can cost a bit if you take a lot.

Get the GoV effect to max and live in the zone for a while. Make sure you have plenty of space in your bags for the items you can sell later. As others said, persistence is your only ally against how rare these things are.
By Rips 2022-09-26 13:49:26  
I helped a friend go at this for hours on multiple days. You just have to keep going and don't stop.

And don't zone.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-09-26 15:59:31  
There's definitely no trick to these except spend a ton of time down there, go during the super Kupower, and get a GoV mission. I did the "all arcana" one because it was simplest.

Fact of the matter is these torques suck to farm. Source: farmed all 9
[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
サーバ: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2022-09-26 19:26:57  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
There's definitely no trick to these except spend a ton of time down there, go during the super Kupower, and get a GoV mission. I did the "all arcana" one because it was simplest.

Fact of the matter is these torques suck to farm. Source: farmed all 9

I could be wrong but I don't believe the kupo powers work in sky.
 Gilgamesh.Maletaru
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Maletaru 2022-09-26 20:05:57  
Bismarck.Drakelth said: »

Seems you're right, I'm not getting the kupower message in sky areas. That bit of advice only applies to non-Alchemy torques then.
[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2022-09-26 21:49:40  
Gilgamesh.Maletaru said: »

Seems you're right, I'm not getting the kupower message in sky areas. That bit of advice only applies to non-Alchemy torques then.

When I started bone shield last December I spent the first week of crafting capping bone and farming the torques then leveling the crafts. Cloth and alchemy weren't even the worst I would say its about a 4 to 8 hour process for any given torque without bonuses. Main thing is keeping in the same zone and doing pages, thf for picking is also a huge thing as it more or less gives you a 100% chance.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-09-26 22:48:30  
thf for picking is also a huge thing as it more or less gives you a 100% chance.

BoxDestroyer is an absolute godsend for farming torques.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [152 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Nyanaa
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Nyanaa 2023-02-25 15:31:44  
Took me years to get it… took a mule there on thf and used thf tools on the chest for an extra hint. Never failed one. Mule never left the zone till I got it. Just logged over to main for events and was grinding chest on mule any other time I was playing. Still took about 3 weeks. Before that I only tried on main for 1-2 days at a time here and there for like 4 years >.>

Hope this helped a bit… happy hunting(bring beer it helps lol)
By Trillium 2023-02-26 06:20:18  
Farmed many torqes over the years. Some you get lucky on, some you just get killed on. Best thing to do is wait for the caskets mog tablet thing and go for it. Took me about 2 weeks of dedicated time to get the worst one with the tablets. Basically spend most of your time opening rather than killing which is nice.

Of course there are going to be those outliers... like those people that spam ve lilith and are waiting on that last piece forever.