scripts with aliases - help needed
 Cerberus.Serendair
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Serendair
By Cerberus.Serendair 2012-10-21 15:32:15  
Hey!

So... I need some help :D

I haven't been playing for a while and now that I'm back, I'm also gradually working my way into macro scripting again.

I used to use scripts that would define all my gear in one text file for each job and put them together in sets as aliases at the very bottom of them. I remember to load them I would have to type //exec "NameOfScript.txt" and when I do that I get the /echo that the script is loaded.

But from here on I'm lost and would appreciate any help. I know there was some kind of // command to put into the macro lines of FFXI to execute the aliases for example //TP or //exec TP or something like that for putting on the TP set I threw together in my TP alias of the "NameOfScript.txt". I was looking around for a couple of hours trying to find out what that command was but couldn't find anything. I was hoping anyone around here might know it and could tell me so my macros would work again as they used to, because at the moment the script would load but the aliases wouldn't since I seem to not know the right command anymore :(

Here and example of what my scripts look like:
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-21 16:38:32  
It's been a very long time since I did any aliasing and I've only used one alias in my FFXI career and that was back when I wore dusk and used script macros and needed to toggle.

bind ^G g1oves (This binds a keyboard key to the alias, use if you just want to hit a macro to run the alias)
alias g1oves exec fastmove.txt (This actually creates the alias (you can put it directly in to your INIT file or you can just type it in after like you are doing already with your job scripts)

So when I hit ctrl+G it executes the file via the alias I piked.
Now, if you just want to be able to type it, then simply //g1oves will trigger the alias. IIRC, some people have trouble with the // command so you may need to use /console g1oves instead. I can't test it myself since my accounts aren't active.

Now... with that in mind I think you're getting to a point where you may as well start working with SC. That I could help more and it'd oddly enough... be even easier than what you're doing.
 Cerberus.Serendair
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Serendair
By Cerberus.Serendair 2012-10-22 06:37:40  
/console NameOfAlias

It works!!!

Thank you so much for the tip :D

And yes I agree that I'm doing the whole scripting a little bit complicated in a way. I've never been smart enough to figure out SpellCast for some reason lol This way always worked pretty well for me so I stuck with it ^^;

Again, thank you very much!