フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » [Dev] DRG Stuff
[Dev] DRG Stuff
 Phoenix.Valory
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: rori
By Phoenix.Valory 2012-11-27 18:14:40  
Pipe dreams-

Aggressive Jump (Trait): 15 second 15% ATK boost after any Jump for the Drg & Wyvern.

Wyvern Tactics (JA): Toggle between using breath attacks or Deadly Drive with an ATK mod based on Tp % in Offensive mode.

With Defensive wyvern: Remove breath is replaced with Rampart breath, granting a rampart type effect to the Dragoon. Potency based on wyvern TP. Healing breath is unaffected.

Hybrid wyvern gets the Deadly Drive + Rampart breath, but the ATK mod/Rampart potency is halved.

Astral Jump (JA): Shared timer with Super Jump. Same as Super Jump except if Wyvern is present when used, enemy is struck with a non-damaging blow that instantly halves enmity for everyone on the mobs Enmity list.
 Lye
By Lye 2012-11-27 18:16:58  
loldrg (Trait): Less damage than a War or Drk
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-27 18:20:36  
Critical attack bonus and some native form of attack power or attack speed increase would be a good start.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tanama
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-11-27 18:27:58  
Lye said: »
loldrg (Trait): Less damage than a War or Drk
We already have that trait.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-11-27 18:29:40  
The Astral Jump could be fixed into something else, like causing plague, virus, etc., since the current effect would be a little detrimental when actually used in critical moments.

Nice launching board for an idea though.
 Phoenix.Valory
By Phoenix.Valory 2012-11-27 18:33:06  
Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
The Astral Jump could be fixed into something else, like causing plague, virus, etc., since the current effect would be a little detrimental when actually used in critical moments.

Nice launching board for an idea though.

Since it halves enmity for everyone, it would basically have no affect on who currently is being attacked. However it would have the effect of un-capping everyones hate again. So if we ever got back to a point where fights lasted any amount of time it would keep hate from bouncing to mages for a while.

Edit:

I was playing with the idea of Amnesia on the mob but SE would never let it land on anything worthwhile.... this they MIGHT allow to happen.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-11-27 18:37:05  
Even if an amnesia effect did land, it wouldn't land for very long. Vermail Bhuj is case in point. It can barely land amnesia on Too Weak mobs, let alone anything Easy Prey or higher.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-27 18:41:19  
Even if an amnesia effect did land, it wouldn't land for very long. Vermail Bhuj is case in point. It can barely land amnesia on Too Weak mobs, let alone anything Easy Prey or higher.

That's why a very strong plague would be 1000x better. Just look at delta thrust. I love that spell.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-11-27 18:45:46  
I mentioned plague and virus earlier
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-27 18:46:11  
I mentioned plague and virus earlier

Yes I know. I was agreeing with you lol.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-11-27 18:50:58  
Ophannus said: »
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forums/320
You guys should check out the localization forum on the official forums. Those GMs respond FAST and OFTEN! I had them change the "The Effect of Flash Wears Off" and a few other ones too. Byrnoth had them change a lot fo the ambiguous terms regarding many JA,spells, pieces of equipment and mythic weapons.
Siren.Kalilla said: »
They actually do an awesome job in that section.

I totally agree... I think this one was my fav:

[source]
Unelonborro
Localization Team

Hi Septimus!

Thank you for pointing this out to us!

We have already fixed the error on our end, but the change may not be properly reflected in the test server's build. Rest assured, though, this error has been stamped out with the fury of a thousand suns.

Yours in sickness and in health,

Unelonborro
FFXI Localization Team

[+]
By Beau 2012-11-27 18:59:52  
drg sucks and so does Ophannus
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tanama
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-11-27 19:54:21  
Phoenix.Valory said: »
Hybrid wyvern gets the Deadly Drive + Rampart breath, but the ATK mod/Rampart potency is halved.
You mean Radiant Breath? That would be quite awesome.

7-15-2011 06:00 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

Dragoon

• Vision

Experts with the lance who can take command of any battle with their wyverns, which can either deal heaping helpings of pain or relieve their party with a reinvigorating breath.

We aim to make jumping a more dynamic aspect of dragoons' fighting style and to have wyverns evolve into more versatile allies with the ability to enfeeble enemies.

Subscribe

If the bold and underlined were to ever happen, Radiant Breath and a darkness equivalent would be a welcome addition to the elemental breath line.

Radiant Breath: Deals damage + Slow + Silence.
Dark Breath: Deals damage + Paralyze + Plague

The only problem is the wyvern would only use Radiant or Dark if the mob has a weakness to either above element which could be remedied if the breaths got their own /pet JAs.
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2012-11-27 21:07:54  
sigh
 Lakshmi.Tanama
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-11-27 21:15:51  
Odin.Skeero said: »
sigh
I know...
By Aeyela 2012-11-27 21:22:16  
What I find ironic about that screenshot they use is he's using the empyrean Weapon skill which no self respecting Dragoon would use. You can tell the developers are out of touch with the job.
[+]
 Phoenix.Valory
By Phoenix.Valory 2012-11-28 15:20:00  
Lakshmi.Tanama said: »
Phoenix.Valory said: »
You mean Radiant Breath? That would be quite awesome.

Well, specifically in my pipe dream I was thinking of adding something that was more in tune with the healing wyverns support capabilities. In this case, Rampart, to absorb magic dmg to supplement the Drgs choice of a mage subjob. Since the drg most likely already has access to phalanx/stoneskin.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-28 15:22:23  
Val, do you even need to still use a mage sub to heal? Is one really strong heal every minute not enough? If you're getting pounded on THAT much where you need more than a giant C4 every minute, you might be fighting the wrong content on drg, no?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-28 15:29:13  
Not really, no. The only things a DRG can't reasonably kill are monsters with lots of high damage AoEs, certain AoE status effects, and things that can drop you from max HP to dead in a few seconds.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ermachko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: ermachko
By Cerberus.Ermachko 2012-11-28 15:29:46  
Whats a DRG?
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-28 15:30:26  
What you should do and what people want to do are two different things. There are better solo jobs, but that's not always fun. More of a want than a need.

Cerberus.Ermachko said: »
Whats a DRG?

Awww, you picked the 2/3 drg weapons not worth getting.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-28 15:31:24  
Sylph.Decimus said: »
What you should do and what people want to do are two different things. There are better solo jobs, but that's not always fun. More of a want than a need.

Yeah no, I get that, but what I'm saying is you should be able to solo reasonably on /sam still, no?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-28 15:40:35  
For most things probably, though TE wearing early could be annoying. Not so much vs casters though.