users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Status Icons touble
Status Icons touble
 Fenrir.Muscleman
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Muscleman
By Fenrir.Muscleman 2012-11-22 21:25:06  
I recently came back to FFXI and have never been too good with the tech stuff but love all the windower add-ons.

I was updating everything today and just as I started to play again; I casted Utsusemi and the Icon at the top was blank and no description. Only way i saw it was with statustimer working.

Spectral jig gave me description was "Invisible" in the top left of the top bar, but then the description in the middle said "VIT is reduced. The effect diminishes over time." and the icon was the ugly VIT with the downward blue arrow.

I did some noobstyle trouble shooting like putting back the .dat files i changed from ffxi view but no go. Problem was still there even though everything else changed back to 'stock ffxi'.

This problem exists with and without using windower and sometimes crashes me when i cast a spell.

So I'm really not sure what's going on. Any advice on how to fix or where to start?
Ill upload pics if my description was not detailed enough.

Oh and on my Friend list; and instead of there being that solid bar with offline and online, instead there is the disconnect symbol on the left of where the bar should be.....wtf is happening.....
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-22 23:48:20  
Just to get things back to working, I'd do a "check files". You can find it on the very first POL menu. Click check files and then change the drop down to FFXI and hit check files at the bottom. If this doesn't find it, you might have to reinstall unless you know exactly what files you messed up on, then you can delete them and do another check files and it should catch it.

See if that gets you back to square one and if it does, perhaps I can help you get those mods properly installed.

Good luck!
 Fenrir.Muscleman
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Muscleman
By Fenrir.Muscleman 2012-11-26 12:57:11  
Hey I figured it out; ffxiview was screwing me up. I think it was because i had the old ffxi style in my data files and it conflicted with the new ffxiview.

Thanks for offering help though!

Also that check files option will be useful in the future as well, thanks for the tip
[+]