users online
Fighting games?
First Page 2 3
 Midgardsormr.Argento
サーバ: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-06-10 15:01:44  
I'm surprised nobody did this yet after the massive derail yesterday.

So what games does everybody play? Myself, I used to play a little CvS2, MotW, KoFXI and GG, but the only ones I still play really are SF2, 3S, and SF4. Currently I"ve got a buddies PS3 at my house with SF4, so if anybody wants to get some games in over PSN, let me know. Otherwise, another friend will be letting me borrow his 360 stick, since I'm trying not to spend money and therefore not going to buy my own right now, and when he gets that to me, I'll be up for 3S/SF2/SF4 over XBL.
 Odin.Faisa
サーバ: Odin
user: Faisa
By Odin.Faisa 2009-06-10 15:22:56  
Every now and again I jump in on the Soul Calibur IV scene, but not too often as of late. SF IV even less. Looking forward to the new Tekken though! :D
 Cerberus.Nieko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 15:30:14  
I'm looking forward to Tekken 6. Also Marvel vs Capcom on Xbox Live. Yes, Please.
SF4 had a huge hype around it that let me down hard....
 Midgardsormr.Katashuro
user: Sephyrus
By Midgardsormr.Katashuro 2009-06-10 16:01:01  
Tekken 6 all teh wai!
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-10 16:06:09  
DoA
Cant beat the jiggly of Kasumi and Ayane.
 Odin.Faisa
user: Faisa
By Odin.Faisa 2009-06-10 16:14:37  
Nieko said:
I'm looking forward to Tekken 6. Also Marvel vs Capcom on Xbox Live. Yes, Please.

Oh hell yea, forgot about Marvel vs. Capcom! Can't wait!
 Midgardsormr.Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-06-10 16:38:46  
Nieko said:

It didn't really let me down, but then again, I didn't expect it to be better than SF3. I still think it's a good game in it's own right.
 Odin.Ahligieri
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-06-10 17:10:00  
CvsSNK 1/2
XMen vs SF
SF2 - ALL of the SF2s
Killer Instinct (first one!)
Guilty Gear X/X2
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Tekken 2/3/Tag/5
SF3

All of those I played religiously at some point. I have to say though I don't much liek the XvsSF/MvC type games anymore. It just doesn't feel satisfying hitting 2 buttons and doing an 80 hit combo :/

That being said, I'm buying Tatsunoko vs Capcom. At first I said *** it cuz no Ken, BUT IT HAS KARAS IN IT. That won me.

Oh, does anyone have an opinion about the Virtua Fighter series? I admire it because of the level of skill it takes, but I rented 4 years ago and was just bored to tears. I want to like it, though :(
 Midgardsormr.Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-06-10 17:12:40  
Ahligieri said:
CvsSNK 1/2
XMen vs SF
SF2 - ALL of the SF2s
Guilty Gear X/X2
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Tekken 2/3/Tag/5
SF3

All of those I played religiously at some point. I have to say though I don't much liek the XvsSF/MvC type games anymore. It just doesn't feel satisfying hitting 2 buttons and doing an 80 hit combo :/

That being said, I'm buying Tatsunoko vs Capcom. At first I said *** it cuz no Ken, BUT IT HAS KARAS IN IT. That won me.

Oh, does anyone have an opinion about the Virtua Fighter series? I admire it because of the level of skill it takes, but I rented 4 years ago and was just bored to tears. I want to like it, though :(

VF is damn good, but I could never really get into 3D fighters much. Also, eff TvC because why would I ever want to play a fighting game on the Wii (or why would anybody make a fighting game Wii exclusive, for that matter.

Second note, I love Killer Instinct a whooole lot. Me and my buddy actually pulled it out and were playing it on SNES just a few months ago.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 17:16:49  
Ahligieri said:

You are not alone. I read all the reviews on the VF series when each sequel was at it's peak. Tried each at least once. I can't understand why because mechanically it's a great fighting game, but it bored me to the point of wanting to play the mini-games in Tekken's loading screens as opposed to figuring out how to do a body slam as Wolf or whoever the big Jamaican was.
 Odin.Ahligieri
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-06-10 17:17:37  
Argento said:
Ahligieri said:
CvsSNK 1/2
XMen vs SF
SF2 - ALL of the SF2s
Guilty Gear X/X2
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Tekken 2/3/Tag/5
SF3

VF is damn good, but I could never really get into 3D fighters much. Also, eff TvC because why would I ever want to play a fighting game on the Wii (or why would anybody make a fighting game Wii exclusive, for that matter.

Second note, I love Killer Instinct a whooole lot. Me and my buddy actually pulled it out and were playing it on SNES just a few months ago.

Er well...I'm hoping they'll make TvC compatible with the classic controller, of course. Otherwise I probably won't get it lol.
 Midgardsormr.Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-06-10 17:19:17  
Ahligieri said:

Er well...I'm hoping they'll make TvC compatible with the classic controller, of course. Otherwise I probably won't get it lol.

I'm pretty sure it is, but after playing on better pads (even though I hate playing on pad at all) I would hate playing a fighting game on the classic controller. I think Hori made a stick for the Wii, but I sold my Wii a while back, and I'd get myself a stick for 360 before that.

Who else is excited for BlazBlue and KoFXII??
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-10 17:22:38  
Blazblue I'll try. >_> Otherwise, Marvel vs Capcom is likely the last fighting game I'll buy. It's awesome can't be beat...although online mode will be full of Cable spamming noobs.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 17:22:53  
King of Fighters never did anything for me... actually the only game i ever played from the selectable list in that big red arcade box was Samurai Showdown, which i <3... Oh and Metal Slug. $5 in quarters gone one by one everytime.
 Midgardsormr.Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-06-10 17:24:13  
Nieko said:
King of Fighters never did anything for me... actually the only game i ever played from the selectable list in that big red arcade box was Samurai Showdown, which i <3... Oh and Metal Slug. $5 in quarters gone one by one everytime.

KoFXII looks more SF-esque than it does more traditional KoF.

Also, Try out Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves sometime if you get a chance and like SF3.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 17:24:28  
Eternaltriumph said:
Blazblue I'll try. >_> Otherwise, Marvel vs Capcom is likely the last fighting game I'll buy. It's awesome can't be beat...although online mode will be full of Cable spamming noobs.

haha Cable has a way of seperating the real from the fake tho. Any good player can dismantle Cable in seconds while any newb can't figure out how to get by the constant handgun/laser barrage.
 Midgardsormr.Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-06-10 17:25:07  
Eternaltriumph said:

Honestly, I have very high respect for high-level MvC2 players, but I absolutely cannot stand playing the game. Or watching it, for that matter.
 Asura.Israfel
サーバ: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2009-06-10 17:25:50  
It's not really a fighting game as such (If you look at how the game is played compared to the likes of Tekken and street fighter) But I'm a huuuuuge fan of the Dynasty warriors series e_e, nothing like blowing sh!t up after a bad day ;D

When it comes to fighting games though, SSB is a firm favorites with the tekken series in a close second :)
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 17:27:51  
Argento said:

KoFXII looks more SF-esque than it does more traditional KoF.

Also, Try out Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves sometime if you get a chance and like SF3.

I may try em, since I'm still locked outta FFXI >.>
Plus I saw the Fatal Fury movie. Mai Shiranui. {Yes, please}
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 17:29:38  
Dynasty warriors is an oddly addictive game... No matter how many times i hit the same 2-3 button combo, i find myself wanting me. Same with that one game xbox has similar.. whats it called? x3 or something? T3?... some letter repeated 3 times. idk.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 17:30:31  
Nieko said:
Dynasty warriors is an oddly addictive game... No matter how many times i hit the same 2-3 button combo, i find myself wanting me. Same with that one game xbox has similar.. whats it called? x3 or something? T3?... some letter repeated 3 times. idk.

N3. lol Thank you google.com
Ninety Nine Nights.
Fun game. No multiplayer tho, that sucked.
 Odin.Ahligieri
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-06-10 17:31:52  
Argento said:
Ahligieri said:

I'm pretty sure it is, but after playing on better pads (even though I hate playing on pad at all) I would hate playing a fighting game on the classic controller. I think Hori made a stick for the Wii, but I sold my Wii a while back, and I'd get myself a stick for 360 before that.

Who else is excited for BlazBlue and KoFXII??

Other than this one night when I was 12 and owning literally every last person in this over night arcade event (on SF3), I've absolutely SUCKED on pads. That was a great night though, my homie was going to start taking bets lol.

I'm pretty stoked about the new KoF, but mainly its because they finally rebuilt the series on...whatever system they build their games on now. Its been what, 20 years with the same NeoGeo graphics? I love KoF but it was starting to feel choppy after playing games like Guilty Gear and SF3.

I hope they bring K' into it, tho. That's my boy right there.
 Midgardsormr.Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-06-10 17:37:32  
Ahligieri said:

Other than this one night when I was 12 and owning literally every last person in this over night arcade event (on SF3), I've absolutely SUCKED on pads. That was a great night though, my homie was going to start taking bets lol.

I'm pretty stoked about the new KoF, but mainly its because they finally rebuilt the series on...whatever system they build their games on now. Its been what, 20 years with the same NeoGeo graphics? I love KoF but it was starting to feel choppy after playing games like Guilty Gear and SF3.

I hope they bring K' into it, tho. That's my boy right there.

Final roster is already out. I'll try to find a link, but no K' for some reason. Online team battles, though.

And Nieko, the only traditional FF character in Mark of the Wolves is Terry. Awesome cast though.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 17:40:13  
Terry Joe Mai and Andy were the only characters i knew anyway lol. Oh and Geese. He was a badass.
 Odin.Ahligieri
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-06-10 17:43:18  
Geese is a thug. I can't use him for ***though. That raging storm has to be the most WTF? move to execute I have ever come across.

I can do it, but it's freakin weird.
 Midgardsormr.Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-06-10 17:44:54  
Ahligieri said:
Geese is a thug. I can't use him for ***though. That raging storm has to be the most WTF? move to execute I have ever come across.

I play Geese a lot. Odd input, but not difficult once you get the hang of it.

Rock from MotW plays like a mix between Terry and Geese. I use him and B.Jenet.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 17:45:55  
Ahligieri said:

lmao i have never pulled it off myself. I remember reading the move list that was posted on the arcade and looking at that like'wtf is that???' so i just never selected him. fighting him was always fun tho
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 17:47:09  
haha Anyone remember Battle Arena Toshinden? I tried to go back and play that a couple months ago and was appauled by not only the graphics but the entire system.
 Odin.Ahligieri
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-06-10 17:54:24  
Nieko said:
haha Anyone remember Battle Arena Toshinden? I tried to go back and play that a couple months ago and was appauled by not only the graphics but the entire system.

LOL I remember seeing the first one in the kiosks when PS1 first came out. I can't imagine what the game would look like now.
 Midgardsormr.Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-06-10 17:57:24  
Nieko said:

Better question, anyone else remember SF1? Fuuuuuuuuuck, that game is unplayable.
First Page 2 3