Ironclad Triturator Lowest Possible Set Up ?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Ironclad Triturator lowest possible set up ?
Ironclad Triturator lowest possible set up ?
By Methylated 2012-12-20 07:34:59  
Hello!

I am looking to solo this guy for seals and what not. Whats the smallest I can go with no empys?

I have 3 Chars avail with these jobs:

1: WAR NIN RDM
2: BLM WHM
3: MNK BST

Suggestions if you would?
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2012-12-20 07:41:06  
I've duoed him a few times as NIN & WHM for the KI. One of the easier Ironclad fights, just keep your healer at maximum range. Though honestly if possible, look for alternative NMs on whatever seal you're looking to get from Ironclads. They're just awful to yellow proc.

Also, I'd suggest leveling BLM or WHM on your third character. You would have NIN WHM BLM all to yourself which is pretty much the ultimate seal farming trio. THF would also be very helpful on one of those characters for Empy farming.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-20 07:49:31  
My suggestion is do something else for the seals. Ironclads are annoying as *** to proc. Just remember to watch for proc messages. If you get one, the spell you cast is not it regardless of if it landed at the right time or not.

Blm is a must for procs but it's also the only char you have whm on. Rdm could do the healing if you wanted your third to go mnk to punch it in the face.

When my wife and I do seals we both dual with Blu/nin Whm/sch blm/brd thf/dnc. I absolutely hate doing seals without full procs and TH so goodluck.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gundulagause
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Gundula
By Fenrir.Gundulagause 2012-12-20 08:14:35  
BST.
 Cerberus.Mindi
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-12-20 08:25:21  
Just dont waste too much time on this one, it can get annoying when you take forever to kill cause his DEF/ATT rises each time he uses Inv/MS.
[+]
By Methylated 2012-12-20 08:40:42  
Kudos for the advice guys sounds good. I was going to level BLM on my first Char anyway :) Seeing that my elemental skill is already high from Rdm.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-12-20 09:22:55  
Fenrir.Gundulagause said: »
BST.

Can't do Triturator solo. Well, maybe. It would take hours, though.

Triturator is the hardest IC to down in Abyssea. For any of the seals that he drops, you are better of farming them from another NM. If you absolutely have to kill him, he can be duo'ed with MNK + WHM or NIN + WHM; pick up black mage and maybe a thief to help with kill/drops. Without an empy, it will take a long time.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2012-12-20 09:26:54  
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
BST.

Triturator is the hardest IC to down in Abyssea.

I'd definitely give that to Smiter.
By Aeyela 2012-12-20 09:31:44  
You don't have it levelled but SMN makes light work of him solo (probably easier than fighting it any other way.) Find a friend or something to help you get the seals you need.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-12-20 09:44:19  
If you use BSt bring fatso. Funny how little he hits your pet for.
 Fenrir.Gundulagause
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Gundula
By Fenrir.Gundulagause 2012-12-20 09:48:13  
Aeyela said: »
You don't have it levelled but SMN makes light work of him solo (probably easier than fighting it any other way.) Find a friend or something to help you get the seals you need.

This, and it´s true to solo it on BST is not easy nor advisable if you´re looking to kill the NM in a reasonable time frame and/or repeatedly. But it´s a fun challenge, at least it was for me. With a friend on SMN or PUP or another BST the fun mutliplies, of course.^^

If you try BST, use Fatso, you´ll be suprised how low the damage taken is.

edit: beaten
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-12-20 10:25:32  
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
BST.

Triturator is the hardest IC to down in Abyssea.

I'd definitely give that to Smiter.

I guess I look at it from the pet job perspective primarily. Smiter is an easy solo on BST or PUP (or SMN, though I rarely use mine on it). You can duo Smiter with MNK and WHM or NIN and WHM (just like you can Triturator), but Ballistic Kick can make things interesting there.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-20 11:00:27  
Ballistic kick can be easily stunned(long charge time for a tp move), and if you miss it for some reason you can kite or just tank on whm.

Smiter is, in my opinion, the easiest one and easier to get pops for but all 3 have similarly annoying pop conditions.

But still, I recommend against Iron clads for seals.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Aeyela 2012-12-20 11:15:50  
Ironclads are actually quite easy to yellow. The person with hate can run back a little, wait for the Ironclad to swing then run and keep running. The Ironclads are stunned for a few moments and stop running when they swing and this gives the target time enough to get distance. The Ironclad will continue to chase them but not attack, assuming you stay out of range, giving the BLM plenty of time to cast a spell and try and stagger. This works with a SMN's retreat command as well and I'd assume heel works too.
[+]