Asura.Natenn
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2013-02-08 00:30:09  
Asura.Ludoggy said: »
Witch hunts are fun for everyone.
yes
also this site been operated by preschool rules since google started payin the bill? All must hold hands at all times while harboring fugitives (ppl who deserve player warnings). But anyway, theres my 2 cents
By oldman 2013-02-08 02:13:01  
The other day I was looking to join a fell cleave party. I didn't know that player warnings were not allowed on this site, so the first thing I did when I saw the shout was do a search on this site to see if they were on the up and up. I didn't find anything about their FC parties, but talking to them in game something felt wrong so I didn't join. The next morning somebody had posted a warning here about them. Seems they had cleaved until they thought everyone was AFK then went afk themselves.

I have no interest in posts about someone ninja lotting AF3+2 upgrades, buying a speed belt from a bazaar for 20k, or other petty bull ***. What I would like is a section where we can talk openly about mercenary services on our respective servers.

I paid for FC and this person ditched out after an hour.
I paid for FC and this person gave the best XP I ever saw.
I ordered 50 empy upgrade items and this group delivered
ahead of schedule.
I paid upfront for 50 empy upgrade items and this group took
my money and ran.

I think that this kind of a resource could be very valuable to players and that we would have an incentive to police the threads ourselves. I'd actually really like to see a sub-forum for each server dedicated to mercenary services.

I think it could become an active marketplace, more useful and accessible than the wanted tags we can attach to our profiles. Mercs could check it every couple of days to see what people needed, and make an offer to those they had the resources to help. Likewise buyers could check to see what services are being offered at any given time.

To some extent this already happens on the server forums, but it seems that only positive reviews are allowed to remain. It provides a skewed picture of what is really happening.

Think Amazon reviews for Merc services. Their is probably a better way to set it up than what I've suggested, but it is a service I would really like to see added.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-08 02:18:59  
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Squabble said: »
Player warnings are generally 1-sided and skewed trying to make someone look bad when it may not be the case. The damage done by false accusations would greatly outweigh any damages perceived as deserved.

This idea, if implimented, will breed hatred. I'm against it.
False accusations will get shot down quite quickly, BG has a player warning section and anyone who posts a dumb or false warning is shot down almost immediately and laughed at.

There isn't an incredible amount of drama in these posts outside of really ridiculous or notorious people. I think it properly moderated, it's a valuable resource, especially with how often people do things like currency loans over here.
It's indeed a valuable resource but the community on FFXIAH isn't the same as on BG, it wouldn't work.

On BG people have this humour that allows for making fun of the idiots being reported/reporting and what not (custom titles etc), it doesn't exist here.

Anyone can fake account on here unlike BG too, it would be a mess, not even funny to read (and due to the traffic, there would be too many fell cleave autism whereas on BG we had some quality things such as this guy pretending to be a girl and sending pictures of him dressed as a pom pom girl).
By oldman 2013-02-08 02:24:28  
What do you mean anyone can fake an account? I had to verify mine after I created by buying an item of the AH for a randomly assigned price before I could post.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-08 02:27:22  
Very few amount of people take the time to sign up on BG just to drama whereas everyone is already signed up on FFXIAH, as simple as that.
By oldman 2013-02-08 02:35:26  
Imagine someone's returning for SoA and all their old friends have quit the game. They want to get caught up but don't have a group to help them. One route that they may take is to farm dynamis a bit every week and get some gil to hire some folks to help them get caught up. Now imagine the first person they try and hire rips them off. If that happens how many people will stick around long enough to find a good group to play with?

I'm guess not interested in hearing all the reasons people think it can't be made to work, because it can. What is lacking is the will to make it work.
By oldman 2013-02-08 02:36:22  
If everyone is already signed up, they are using real accounts, linked to their real characters. Not fake ones like you stated in your previous post.

I'd also like to point out that the fact that their are more people using this site than BG doesn't decrease the value of such a service. It INCREASES it.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-08 02:52:51  
"Fake" accounts are easy to make nowadays due to people owning many mules and such. You really believe everyone advertise their alts on their page? Lol.

As for the rest, you completely missed each points, read again until you understand I guess.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-08 02:53:46  
oldman said: »
If everyone is already signed up, they are using real accounts, linked to their real characters. Not fake ones like you stated in your previous post.

I'd also like to point out that the fact that their are more people using this site than BG doesn't decrease the value of such a service. It INCREASES it.
By Dankdragon 2013-02-08 03:24:31  
Heard that dankdragon dude is bad news
 Shiva.Arana
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-02-08 03:58:32  
Dankdragon said: »
Heard that dankdragon dude is bad news
This guy?Don't think so.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-02-09 00:01:26  
Even I have asked the reason behind this decision. There was once a conflict between Google Ads (investigation revealed that it came from player warning threads) which resulted in a breach of contract. This is the reason why player warnings are not allowed. They cause unneeded drama and endless bickering which makes gameplay more stressful.

To be honest, it's a game. You're basically only losing time and/or items that are still obtainable at a future date. It's not like it's going to ruin your real life. If you were scammed out of items or gil, perhaps it should be 'you' to blame because you're being careless and too trusting. There's always lessons to be learned.

Anyways, back to player warnings here on ffxiah. Go find another site that's willing to listen to the drama. I play the game and visit ffxiah for game information, not to read people whine about their careless actions.
[+]
By Kimble2013 2013-02-09 00:11:36  
Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
Even I have asked the reason behind this decision. There was once a conflict between Google Ads (investigation revealed that it came from player warning threads) which resulted in a breach of contract. This is the reason why player warnings are not allowed. They cause unneeded drama and endless bickering which makes gameplay more stressful.

To be honest, it's a game. You're basically only losing time and/or items that are still obtainable at a future date. It's not like it's going to ruin your real life. If you were scammed out of items or gil, perhaps it should be 'you' to blame because you're being careless and too trusting. There's always lessons to be learned.

Anyways, back to player warnings here on ffxiah. Go find another site that's willing to listen to the drama. I play the game and visit ffxiah for game information, not to read people whine about their careless actions.

Thats all well and good but back in the day when a lot of LS used a bank and the leader would jump ship, no one was really to blame for that but the person that did it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-02-09 00:19:26  
Kimble2013 said:
Thats all well and good but back in the day when a lot of LS used a bank and the leader would jump ship, no one was really to blame for that but the person that did it.

Then there's a lesson to learn with that. I've heard many situations where a ls leader used the the bank to their benefit. This is why 'I' don't trust them nor do I advocate using them. You don't "need" to rely on other people to hold things for you. If people want items you don't want, that's why we have a delivery system. Why a need for a middleman?
 Asura.Rucks
サーバ: Asura
user: Seravolk
By Asura.Rucks 2013-02-09 00:23:53  
Kimble2013 said:

Then there's a lesson to learn with that. I've heard many situations where a ls leader used the the bank to their benefit. This is why 'I' don't trust them nor do I advocate using them. You don't "need" to rely on other people to hold things for you. If people want items you don't want, that's why we have a delivery system. Why a need for a middleman?

So they can take 10% off the top, duh.
By Kimble2013 2013-02-09 00:33:32  
Kimble2013 said:

I just think if someone would steal a bank from an LS or even steal items from other people, it would be good to make it known that a person would do that so other people don't trust them.

Ofc, it would be best if the person accusing someone has proof.

Just because someone trust someone, doesn't mean that they deserve to have their stuff stolen.
 Shiva.Bailiegrace
サーバ: Shiva
user: Bai
By Shiva.Bailiegrace 2013-02-09 02:17:28  
Quote:
“Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy.”
Cynthia Nelms

People are shady as hell everywhere and there isn't enough bandwidth for us all to be warned. I would be more interested in reading a thread titled "This player is awesome because they did x,y,z..."
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [169 days between previous and next post]
By geekgirl101 2013-07-27 19:31:20  
I can understand this to warn other players of scammers and potentially damaging players who can ruin linkshells, but it can also create ***-fests over silly little things and often with these things you find there is more to the other side of the story. Naming and shaming is really something that should be avoided, but again there are some players that really deserve being pointed at and warned against. I only learned about certain people after others I got to know ingame warned me about them, and you can easily spot people who need avoiding when they troll in /sh and /yell in the cities. The rest you just have to learn about as you go along from experience, and yes it's messy but if say they're a linkshell or party member then hopefully the leaders will have the right mind in removing them before they cause any more unnecessary drama. If they don't then they aren't very good leaders and you should probably consider leaving them.

btw Blugartr yes it does have a player warning forum, but from what I've experienced there's quite a few stuck up snappy snobs there who aren't very good at welcoming new members to its forums. I don't think I'll be revisiting that site again until they change their attitude.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [296 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Patrik
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2014-05-19 22:24:47  
You're responding to a post over a year old ya know >.>

And no I don't think someone will or should be banned for suggesting something, THAT is not a breach of the rules.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-05-19 23:40:30  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

'Nuff said.