日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Sea/Limbus » Proto-Ultima solo
Proto-Ultima solo
 Asura.Exaudis
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Exaudis 2013-04-06 20:22:08  
Finished getting a proto-ultima popset and am wondering how viable it is to solo him on PUP with whm puppet. Most of the fight seems doable except for the final 20%, where he's able to use Citadel Buster. Before I potentially waste a popset, I have a few questions:

1. The wiki says CB does between 1000-2200 damage. Is that still true at level 99 with Shell V?

2. I plan on using Ventriloquy(Enmity swap with puppet) when I see him charging CB and then running away. Is there enough time to get from melee distance to 30' away before he uses the move?

3. How long until he uses CB again after the first time? Ventriloquy has a 1 min cooldown, so I'm hoping there's a reasonable delay between uses.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-04-06 20:30:05  
Citadel buster whacked me for 2114 damage with 20% mdt and no shell.
By itchi508 2013-04-06 20:35:28  
Idk bout pup I'm sure it can be done but wouldn't recommend it and haven't heard much of pup solo ultima.
Although you could have your pup tank em for safest strat maybe?
otherwise it'd say pld, rdm, blu Smn or bst for solo are your safest choices.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Exaudis
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Exaudis 2013-04-07 16:22:45  
To follow up on this, went ahead and successfully solo'd him on PUP/NIN with whm puppet.

Most of the fight was pretty straight-forward except for the last 20%. I used the strategy I talked about above, where I swapped hate with my puppet and then ran away when he used CB. It takes him about 20 secs to countdown from 30, and there's more than enough time between CB uses for Ventriloquy's cooldown to recharge. Only had one close moment where I Ventriloquy'd when my puppet was holding hate(so I was now holding hate), but my puppet managed to pull hate back in time for me to run away.

If any other PUPs are looking to give this a shot, the only thing you really need is an EVA set to swap into when he uses Dissipation(5 to 30+ sec terror and dispel). Closest he got me down was ~240 hp when he did Dissipation -> Holy II -> Melee hit. The fight took about 25 mins with 90 empy and +2 armor.