Your Plugins/Add-On Setup.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » Your Plugins/Add-On setup.
Your Plugins/Add-On setup.
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-08 12:51:50  
I was pondering on what people generally like to use with their Windower.

I was looking to keep things simple, however now there are a whole new batch of add ons and plugins ready to use, and I am unsure which ones are actually useful, situational, or useless for 99% of people.

Currently using these plugins:

Attainment
Blinkmenot
BoxHelper
Distance
DrawDistance
Find
Gearcollector (I have spellcast.dll just for this, I do not use Spellcast for gear swaps)
Infobar (Not worked in a while)
PetTP
Silence
SSOrganizer
StatusTimer (Not working)
Timers
TimeStamp (Not working)
TParty (Not working)

I don't like to overload my FFXI with too much, but with all these new addons I might end up with a screen full of information. I see many new addons that do not have descriptions. Autojoin looks kinda cool, as does Scoreboard, although I am not usually someone who gets a kick out of parses, it could be interesting if it doesn't take up a ton of space.

I would really like this thread to be one where we share our current setups, why we tend to use certain plugins, and how we use console commands to benefit us,
If anyone has the time to post their experience and knowledge, I would appreciate it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-08 13:21:09  
Would like to make a post here highlighting the usefulness of plugins imo. (Don't flame me if you have a differing opinion, give me reasons why I am wrong.)

Attainment - Very useful, specially in Abyssea and Dynamis. Keeps track of your Time, and whether you got all Time Extensions, and also tells you how much EXP/Cruor you make, which is an added bonus.
**Highly Recommended*

BlinkMeNot - Personally I like to know, and see my gear changes on the screen, however for any mage this is a nightmare. If you hate the blinking, this is essential.
**Personal Preference*

BoxHelper - This thing is absolutely amazing. I feel bad for anyone who tries to do boxes without this, because it takes forever. It only shows up when you try and guess the passcode for boxes.
**Highly recommended**

ChatMon - Are you one of those players who always misses /tells or when someone is talking about you? This will let you know, by actually saying "Incoming tell" and other things through your speaker.
**Personal Preference**

Distance - This is personal preference. You can usually tell how far you are away from a mob, but for some mages, they really like to be on the edge of AOE range so they can cast and not be hit.
**Personal Preference**

DrawDistance - Makes the game look nicer. Its not helpful in anyway, so it is up to you.
**Personal Preference**

Find - I love this plugin. Ever thought.. where the hell did I put this? I am sure it was here ...
The command //find has been very useful to me since I found it.
**Highly recommended*

GearCollector - Another one I am happy to have. It sucked having to look around for the gear every time I needed to switch jobs in a hurry. It does take a bit of configuring, you need to have Spellcast.dll in your plugins folder, then you need to create special Notepad+ for each job you play. The time you spent to set this up though will be given back to you over time. The only trouble with the plugin is that it tends to put your gear anywhere it wants, but if all of your jobs are setup for GearCollector, and you have Find, it is not a big issue.
**Highly Recommended**

Infobar - Not working for me, but when it was, it always displayed my name and job in the top left of my screen. It also displayed some information on mobs if it was available. I mostly kept this so I knew for sure I was on the right job/sub-job. How many times have you gone out to do something and had the wrong sub?
**Personal Preference**

PetTP - Brilliant for any job who has a pet. After levelling BST, this was a godsend for me.
**Highly Recommended**

Silence - The "Equipment Changed" spam is incredibly annoying, even more so if you use scripts to change many pieces of equipment at once. This gets rid of it and lets you see the important stuff in your chat log during battle.
**Highly Recommended**

Spellcast - This can be used to automate gear swaps for occasion. You need to learn how to code XMLs properly, and change it to your needs. This is mostly for advanced players who like to ensure they are in the correct gear for the situation.
**Personal Preference**

SSOrganizer - If you love taking screenshots, this is ten times better then the built in one.
**Personal Preference**

StatusTimer - Not currently working for me, but when it does, I love it. It lets you know how long you have left on all your buffs, weakness, abilities etc.
**Highly Recommended**

Timers - The change from "Recast" is quite significant. It takes some getting used too, but it is pretty excellent for letting you know when an ability or magic is ready to be used again, and it looks good! Edit: It now also lets you see how long your buffs will last in separate timers, which is amazing!
**Highly Recommended**

TimeStamp - I enjoy this one mostly for NM Camping. Which is a lot rarer nowadays, but it lets you determine exactly when you killed a NM and can work out an expected spawn. Alternatively you can just use it as a Clock, or checking how long it was when someone last talked to you in LS/Tells.
**Personal Preference**

TParty - This is excellent. Seeing your tp, and others TP is incredibly useful for skillchaining, or those situations where you know someone will WS and destroy a mob, so you can save your TP. One of the greatest plugins for any DD out there.
**Highly Recommended**

I can add more later if and when it is necessary.
[+]
By Mavericku812 2013-04-08 16:06:06  
Thank you for starting this. I have been researching windower and the different plugins for the last few weeks. Very helpful!
[+]
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-09 07:36:13  
Tbf you missed spellcast which is the end all best plugin >.>.
[+]
 Asura.Calinzt
サーバ: Asura
user: Calinz
By Asura.Calinzt 2013-04-09 07:56:55  
I don't like spellcast because it's too complicated and you really need to know all the rules, or look them up all the time to get the effect that you want. When variables were added I pretty much gave up on trying to make an xml or tailor the ready-made ones to my needs.

Now I just use it to return me to idle set after casts, and when resting. Text file macros take care of the rest.

Now if that spellcast GUI program was ever finished...

Anyway, on topic I use the following(3.4 plugins):
TParty
Distance
Recast
LightLuggage
Find
DrawDistance
Silence
Autoexec
Tickle
Spellcast
yarnball (broken currently)

As for v4 of windower, I have a beef with it changing my registry so I avoid it when possible. But plugin configuration is similar, except Timers replaces recast, and there's no yarnball.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-09 08:12:30  
Attainment
Chatmon(sometimes it literally makes me jump out of my chair..)
Distance
DrawDistance
PetTP
Spellcats
StatusTimer
Timers(without the cool graphics cause it makes me crash apparently...)
Timestamp
TeaParty

As addons Scoreboard, Autojoin and guess I'll see how battlemod works now to substitute my broken silence.
[+]
 Phoenix.Forgivness
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Forgivness 2013-04-09 08:13:36  
using 4 atm now i got that regedit fixed, had to turn on "Super Sampling"

but as for plug ins

attainment
blinkmenot
boxhelper
distances (for alt mainly)
guildworks
lightluggage (for dyna)
silance
spellcast
timers
TParty

love how 4 self updates now i have to look into these addons thats just been added :D
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-09 08:15:05  
I'm probably a minority, but I don't like BMN, blinking gives me that reassuring feeling that everything is working fine xD
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-04-09 08:17:32  
Certainly helped me notice I was missing gear/spellcast was being dumb on multiple occasions!
[+]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-04-09 08:18:55  
I've been wondering about gear collector. How well does it work? I do have a lot of different gear sets for my different jobs which is one reason why I can't stand job changes. I do tend to have very low inv. space, so I'm wondering about the experience others have with it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-04-09 08:20:26  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I'm probably a minority, but I don't like BMN, blinking gives me that reassuring feeling that everything is working fine xD
I'd use BMN all the time if being in the WS menu, magic menu, equip screen, etc... didn't stop gear swaps from happening. Now, if it was possible to make an add on to fix that...
 Phoenix.Forgivness
By Phoenix.Forgivness 2013-04-09 08:20:46  
i use blinkmenot for my alt sick of swaping to fajins & alt just goes wondering off around dyna on his own lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-04-09 08:25:50  
One that I'd like to add: send.

Send allows you to send commands to a mule. I created a macro set just to give commands to my whm mule so I don't need to alt+tab so much. Not needing to switch screens just to /follow your main is very nice, but you can basically macro anything you need while dual boxing.
[+]
 Phoenix.Forgivness
By Phoenix.Forgivness 2013-04-09 08:36:27  
send is on 4 now its under addons
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-04-09 08:43:03  
Asura.Calinzt said: »
I don't like spellcast because it's too complicated and you really need to know all the rules, or look them up all the time to get the effect that you want. When variables were added I pretty much gave up on trying to make an xml or tailor the ready-made ones to my needs.

yes make sense cause you HAVE to use all facets/rules and use variable just because it supports it ...
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-09 11:38:41  
Siren.Ihm said: »
Tbf you missed spellcast which is the end all best plugin >.>.

I just listed the ones I personally use. Spellcast is just too much effort for me, I play the game well enough without it. I will add it though, I was mostly interested in what other plugins people use, and how useful the new add-ons are.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-09 11:41:50  
Fenrir.Yuriki said: »
I've been wondering about gear collector. How well does it work? I do have a lot of different gear sets for my different jobs which is one reason why I can't stand job changes. I do tend to have very low inv. space, so I'm wondering about the experience others have with it.

I absolutely love Gearcollector. If you like I can give you an example of my Dark Knight XML. The time put into sorting out your XML for your gearcollector (and updating whenever you get a new piece) makes up for it in the long run.

EDIT: Added ChatMon and Spellcast to my 2nd post.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-09 11:50:03  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »

I absolutely love Gearcollector. If you like I can give you an example of my Dark Knight XML. The time put into sorting out your XML for your gearcollector (and updating whenever you get a new piece) makes up for it in the long run.

I'd like it to be known though, no plugins require other plugins. GearCollector requires spellcast-styled xml files, it doesn't require spellcast. You can create the folder named spellcast and xml files without spellcast at all.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-09 12:23:05  
Any more information on the Add Ons?
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2013-04-09 15:24:56  
There is no eye, or any equivalent, for 4? :(
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-04-09 15:49:41  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I can't handle the blinking on COR >< Anything with precast sets and my character spends more time disappearing than not.

On topic, battlemod is a nice addon for the removal of buff spam alone. I haven't gotten a chance to mess with it outside of default settings though. Other than that, my setup is pretty similar to everyone else's.
[+]
 Valefor.Clairefox
user: Clairefox
By Valefor.Clairefox 2013-04-09 16:35:58  
I use about the same as Kylos <3
I don't use the infobar though. I do use AutoExec though because when I change jobs, I have it change my keybindings .txt's too.

Battlemod is nice, but I don't like that it acts similar to Silence plugin. For instance 2 of the same item drop at once, it only shows one dropping in the chat. Then later when I look in my inventory, it's like "oh..." >_>.. Also I can't use Kparser at the same time as Battlemod currently. Scoreboard is nice for a simple parse though.

I can't remember how to make ffxi macros for the send addon though ; ; Anyone help please? Getting tired of having to type out a send command or spacebar+up.
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-04-09 16:51:20  
Valefor.Clairefox said: »
I use about the same as Kylos <3
I don't use the infobar though. I do use AutoExec though because when I change jobs, I have it change my keybindings .txt's too.

Battlemod is nice, but I don't like that it acts similar to Silence plugin. For instance 2 of the same item drop at once, it only shows one dropping in the chat. Then later when I look in my inventory, it's like "oh..." >_>.. Also I can't use Kparser at the same time as Battlemod currently. Scoreboard is nice for a simple parse though.

I can't remember how to make ffxi macros for the send addon though ; ; Anyone help please? Getting tired of having to type out a send command or spacebar+up.

/console send namehere /follow yourname

or whatever else you want.
[+]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-04-09 16:53:25  
Ragnarok.Arcalimo said: »
There is no eye, or any equivalent, for 4? :(
I'm pretty sure there is one out there but it's not an "official" windower plug in. Reason would be similar to why clipper isn't an "official" plug in. I could be wrong though.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2013-04-10 13:53:59  
So.. trying to google some of the addons etc but not having any luck, what exactly does "Respond" do? is there a page I can find that has a list of all of them and their descriptions? thanks! ;o
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-10 14:04:12  
Like dis?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-10 14:04:48  
Respond works with ffochat and tells. It makes it so if you type //r it will reply to the last person who sent you a PM or tell.

Sorry about the lack of descriptions for some of my addons. I have to find the "put your descriptions here" document again.
[+]
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2013-04-10 14:10:19  
Don't be sorry, was just curious. You guys do excellent work :DDDDDDD
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-04-10 14:40:30  
Attainment - is broken right? As far as time remaining in abyssea/dyna ?
 Shiva.Dourid
サーバ: Shiva
user: Dourid
By Shiva.Dourid 2013-04-10 15:53:49  
Siren.Ihm said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »

I'd like it to be known though, no plugins require other plugins. GearCollector requires spellcast-styled xml files, it doesn't require spellcast. You can create the folder named spellcast and xml files without spellcast at all.
I've also been wondering now for a good while just how gear collector works. I'm not anywhere near confident enough in myself to download and try it because I was way too intimidated by the fact that it required spellcast, another mystery to me. It's actually pretty reassuring to hear that isn't the case.
Anyway, I can never seem to find detailed guides on how to use most plugins, leaving it up to the advance players to figure them out. I have managed to stumble my way through figuring out a few, but this is one plugin I doubt I can do that with. I'd appreciate you showing me an example xml you have if you don't mind. As yet another person who switches jobs constantly, I can't even say how many times I've been too lazy to switch jobs because of gear swaps, and absolutely wished I could figure gear collector out.

Also, I highly recommend anyone to take a look at the Ohshi addon. Alert messages will show up on screen in their own windows, and you can pick out which mobs and tp moves/spells it looks out for. Incredibly useful for when messages get mixed in the constantly moving log, or ones you just straight up miss i.e. "X starts casting Death." And it's pretty simple to simple to use.
First Page 2