users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Options for SAM
Options for SAM
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-04-13 13:48:32  
I do admit Stardiver on SAM feels like a throwback at the Penta Thrust spam at birdmerit parties with Tomoe ^^ Fun as hell, just wish we had a new polearm to play with...
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-04-13 13:51:41  
edit, i think i read his post wrong lol

sorry i just woke ._.;

and yeah i was really hoping sam was going to get a new polearm with the expansion :(
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-04-13 13:54:36  
Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
I do admit Stardiver on SAM feels like a throwback at the Penta Thrust spam at birdmerit parties with Tomoe ^^ Fun as hell, just wish we had a new polearm to play with...
Sam (and War for that matter) can use polearms better than Drg. They are only limited by weapon selection (and skill to a degree, but that doesn't matter too much).

Stardiver is basically Resolution without the attack penalty. If Sam (or War) had access to better polearms, Drg would be out of a job (aside from Angon which Gungnir Drgs overwrite anyways).
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-04-13 13:55:35  
Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »

Have to take into account that draca couse is a SLASHING weapon even though its a polearm and so doesn't give the benefits that Penta spam did in bird parties. Also won't bypass physical resistances as a true backup to GKT should you encounter a mob that has those.

Hopefully you'd have a WAR available to tomahawk in those situations.
 Odin.Hirokei
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-04-13 14:09:34  
Well the slashing is only applied to melee swings, not WS's.
[+]
 Asura.Daichi
サーバ: Asura
user: Tahona
By Asura.Daichi 2013-04-14 18:42:17  
I don't feel like making an entirely new thread for a question or two so if I could get help that would be wonderful.

I'm working on an Amano for my sam slowly (fishing/dynamis) but until I obtain one would TP bonus +100 GK lvl99 or the new tomonari be better to use?

Also if someone wouldn't mind, would you link me to your TP/WS sets for draca couse stardiver sets
 Odin.Hirokei
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-04-14 18:59:58  
Asura.Daichi said: »
I don't feel like making an entirely new thread for a question or two so if I could get help that would be wonderful.

I'm working on an Amano for my sam slowly (fishing/dynamis) but until I obtain one would TP bonus +100 GK lvl99 or the new tomonari be better to use?

Also if someone wouldn't mind, would you link me to your TP/WS sets for draca couse stardiver sets
Tomonari is better than Kanto.

ItemSet 241164

ItemSet 241465

I don't know if these are the best, but if there are changes to be made, I'm sure someone will say. Not to mention Usu stuff, kind of just threw these together. The TP set doesn't even need all of the STP that's on, so you're probably free to change what you need.
 Asura.Daichi
サーバ: Asura
user: Tahona
By Asura.Daichi 2013-04-14 19:02:00  
Thanks a lot for the advice :)
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-04-15 16:21:17  
Didn't wanna make a new thread for this either, but what are people's opinions on the Shichishito from SoA compared to R/E GKs?

With +1 augment it puts the base damage at 150 with 450 delay, I don't know what +2 is yet.
 Odin.Hirokei
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-04-15 16:27:09  
Haven't plugged it into the spreadsheets, but I'd say it's probably comparable to 90 masa/amano with 150D.
 Valefor.Tarl
サーバ: Valefor
user: TarlCabot
By Valefor.Tarl 2013-05-13 11:43:06  
Tomonari is not better in any way except for small dmg increase during tp, it's hardly noticeable. The delay is horrible, store tp for it sucks, it sucks for upgradable delve gkt also, but hell it's 192 dmg. The tp bonus on Tomonari is 50, unless you plan on not using ws, or are only gonna use for your 1 hour ability, it falls behind.