フォーラム » Windower » General » Cell Help Version 2
Cell Help Version 2
First Page 2 3
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-16 22:28:50  
Version 2 of Cell Help is now available. It has been massively rewritten to support lot orders. You can also build multiple sets in the .xml file for different setups.

Here are a few screenshots of it in action (well, as much action as possible in my mog house).

So after you load the plugin, you'll see this:
When something drops that you need, the chat log changes to reflect that.
Once you obtain a cell, it will disappear from the list. Also, note the echo format. That is how you force it to remove cells from the list. (Say you loaded it after getting cells from the first chest, or someone lotted two cells so you have to trade for it.) Also, anything you obtain will be added to the ll profile to pass.
In this screenshot you can see that it no longer states you need the cell.
If your teammate obtains a cell, it lowers your count by 1. When your count is 1, it adds a lot condition to the ll profile. Be aware that it will lot every cell of that type. So if three of the same cell drop, it will lot all three. Lotting can be disabled.
Adjustable settings (//ch to send commands):
Box position (//ch pos <x> <y>)
Hide/show box (//ch hide or //ch show)
Disable lots (//ch mode [lots/nolots])
Change sets (//ch set [set id])
Timer (//ch timer [start/stop])

In the .xml file, you can also change the default box position. There is also an additional area to add items for each player to pass (like gear that frequently drops) or lot.

This is a sample of the current .xml file. I've also included my full settings file that I currently use in Salvage. It has two sets built that I alternate depending on the jobs we are using.

To do:
* Support for more than 4 people
* Remove (or create a toggle) for the Item Counter.
* Enable xml creation if settings file is not found.
* Change zone comparison to use zone IDs.
* Ability to add cell back to list.
* Box parameter settings.
* Interface adjustments. Icons?
* Add cell descriptions back to the chat message.
* Character specific settings

Known Issues:
* Pass tag errors
* Cellhelp shows itself again after hide.

[Last updated 20130429]
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-04-18 12:21:54  
Getting this error after downloading from Windower 4 installer.

"...\addons\cellhelp\cellhelp.lua:176: attempt to concatenate field "?" (a nil value).

I deleted and did a fresh install of cellhelp. No fly.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-18 16:39:39  
I'll take a look as soon as I get my OS reinstalled... Stupid BSOD.

Did you modify your settings file?
 Bahamut.Bizarro
user: bizarro
By Bahamut.Bizarro 2013-04-18 16:49:25  
Krizz, in a friendly type fashion, so Sav doesn't get jelly, I <3 you.
 Cerberus.Balloon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-04-18 17:05:41  
Nice job on this mate, really nice alterations, one thing I liked about the version I did was the way you were told in the chatlog what the cells did, I suppose this is a little superfluous now, but I thought it was a nice feature to have to just to be able to check on a glance what each thing does

Haven't been in Salv 1 for a long time now, but can't wait to test out this version!
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-18 17:30:16  
Cerberus.Balloon said: »
Nice job on this mate, really nice alterations, one thing I liked about the version I did was the way you were told in the chatlog what the cells did, I suppose this is a little superfluous nice, but I thought it was a nice feature to have to just check on a glance what each thing does

Haven't been in Salv 1 for a long time now, but can't wait to test out this version!
I'll add it back in.

Bahamut.Bizarro said: »
Krizz, in a friendly type fashion, so Sav doesn't get jelly, I <3 you.
=D
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-04-18 17:32:56  
Bahamut.Krizz said: »

No, it was even deleted when I tried reinstalling the addon. I wasn't sure how to force a reinstall so I deleted the cellhelp folder and took cellhelp out of windower's main settings.xml.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-18 17:41:34  
Valefor.Omnys said: »

No, it was even deleted when I tried reinstalling the addon. I wasn't sure how to force a reinstall so I deleted the cellhelp folder and took cellhelp out of windower's main settings.xml.
Looking at that line of code, it would most likely be caused if it didn't find your username in the settings.
By Liengod 2013-04-18 18:10:37  
Getting this error after downloading from Windower 4 installer.

"...\addons\cellhelp\cellhelp.lua:176: attempt to concatenate field "?" (a nil value).

I deleted and did a fresh install of cellhelp. No fly.

I got the same problem atm.
P.S thxs alot on this program, was using it the other day and it works wonderful. Just today I got the error.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-18 18:17:42  
I've added a fix in that should resolve the issue. I'll push it up to windower as soon as I get a chance to test it.

Liengod said: »
was using it the other day and it works wonderful. Just today I got the error.
Have you modified your settings.xml file since you used it the other day?
By Liengod 2013-04-18 18:19:43  
I've added a fix in that should resolve the issue. I'll push it up to windower as soon as I get a chance to test it.

Liengod said: »
was using it the other day and it works wonderful. Just today I got the error.
Have you modified your settings.xml file since you used it the other day?
No. i didn't modify anything. i log on this morning and try to load it, but i get that error msg. I tried to delete the folder and download it again through windower addon and it still popping as error.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-18 20:19:20  
The fix has been pushed to windower. Please open the windower launcher, it should update cellhelp, and then reload the addon in FFXI.

If you continue to get an error, please paste your xml here in [ code] tags (and spoiler if necessary).
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-04-18 21:27:18  
The fix has been pushed to windower. Please open the windower launcher, it should update cellhelp, and then reload the addon in FFXI.

If you continue to get an error, please paste your xml here in [ code] tags (and spoiler if necessary).

I won't be doing Salvage til tomorrow, but it loaded just fine, thanks.

* I will comment that the text now seems not to have any padding on the left side, which just looks ugly, incus almost appears to say ncus.

Still, love this thing.

Might I suggest a graphical mode? Incus would be a little sword, castellanus would be a little hat, und a boomerang or bow.. You get the idea? Obtaining the item would change the graphic to something with a checkmark over it? It's nice when you can put an addon out of the way so that it doesn't effect the game's UI.
By Liengod 2013-04-18 21:43:46  
Tyvm Krizz works now. :-)
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-19 06:53:50  
* I will comment that the text now seems not to have any padding on the left side, which just looks ugly, incus almost appears to say ncus.
It's not as scrunched on my screen for whatever reason, but I just pushed up a change to the left buffer. Let me know if it's enough.

Quote:
Might I suggest a graphical mode?
Interesting idea. I'll play around with it once I finish my current issues on the Dynamis Helper addon.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-04-19 11:13:49  
Perfect, thanks.

Edit:
Salvaged. Worked like a charm.

The only issue is that after telling it //ch hide, it popped back up when I got a cell.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-19 19:42:12  
How do you guys feel about the Item Counter thing? Want me to leave it as an option?

Added the box popping back up to the known issues so I don't forget about it.

I pushed an update this afternoon where the previous fix was causing problems if you weren't Player1.
 Asura.Izilder
サーバ: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2013-04-22 05:23:26  
just installed this to try and on load get

cellhelp.lua:177 attempt to concatenate field "?" ( a nil value)
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-04-22 14:56:39  
Asura.Izilder said: »

getting that and

cellhelp.lua 233:attempt to compare number with nil
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-22 15:59:00  
cellhelp.lua 233:attempt to compare number with nil
When did you get the 233 message? On load? Or when a cell dropped?

Do you have your settings file configured?
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-04-22 16:12:25  
When a cell dropped.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-22 18:01:47  
When a cell dropped.
It sounds like that cell isn't in your settings file. Or was it more often?
 Asura.Izilder
By Asura.Izilder 2013-04-23 02:35:59  
what am i required to do - to set up. Currently on load up i only see the error nothing else

edit: nvm i just added names to settings - and now it loads without the error

Been using salvage helper for ever - not used this yet but it may be handy to have the cell info next to the type like (HP) (MP) (Str) (JA) (Sub) - or yes a graphical mode.

Also a countdown timer from 99 mins - or a count-up timer (with warnings at certain times) which may help for certain old salvage you need to hit floors under x time a little cleaner than count down

to pass things like MP cells we have to manually find the LL value and ad it?? @@ possible to add the LL value next to each cell in settings for us? or something please
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-23 06:42:00  
If you put a 0 for the cell in the settings, it will pass it.

The timer is a good idea. It's annoying having to use pathos or another addon to keep track of how long we've been in the zone. I will add it to the to-do list.
 Asura.Izilder
By Asura.Izilder 2013-04-23 07:20:58  
!! just had a thought - could you add something that lets us know whats the temps all do in boxes - i still get confused at times with what they all do

Also - is there a way to set more than 1 position as i play mules on smaller screens
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-04-23 10:12:14  
When a cell dropped.
It sounds like that cell isn't in your settings file. Or was it more often?

It happened twice back to back (Praecipito,Spissatus actually) and then seemingly stopped trying.

I haven't modified my setting's file at all, so it was working previously in the thread when I said it was working again.

Edit: I take that back, I did set nolots.

Edit #2: Can't say for yesterday, but I got an error logging in today, I happened to see it while reviewing the console.

177; concatenating a nil value.

I'll delete everything again, download again, and see how it goes^^

Edit #3: Fully deleted, restarted, redownloaded, didn't change settings.xml at all, and same 177 error.

Windows 7 SP1, fwiw, as I'm sure most of the addon's users are.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-23 15:41:56  
!! just had a thought - could you add something that lets us know whats the temps all do in boxes - i still get confused at times with what they all do

I don't think I can edit what appears in the pop up boxes that list the contents of the chests. I will look into it.

I'm also thinking of alternatives that I could do if that's not possible.

Quote:
Also - is there a way to set more than 1 position as i play mules on smaller screens
At this moment there is not a way to do that via configuration. Changing it via the console is possible.

Alright, I just pushed up a change. Load the launcher, and try again. If it doesn't work still, copy/paste a copy of your xml here please.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-04-23 17:08:14  
Damn :(

Tried this, still got the error, so I completely reinstalled... All of my settings in the few must-have tools that I selected.. are default.

Same error >_<. Sorry man.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-23 17:41:04  
Do you have the example_settings.xml in the data folder? Delete the settings.xml then rename example_settings.xml to settings.xml. Replace my name with yours. Try again.

Edit: If that doesn't work, download this version and overwrite the one you have with it. It will probably still error, but I can narrow down the error depending on which line shows up now.
http://tehkrizz.net/FFXI/other/cellhelp.lua
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-04-23 18:25:11  
Ok, overwriting settings with example_settings, and krizz with Omnys gave the same error.

The new cellhelp.lua didn't error on load, and the 20~ item list is in the center of my screen. As I use nolots, I don't mind to take this through tomorrow and see if it works.
First Page 2 3