Battlemod Settings/Filters
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-20 17:08:21  
Hello everyone,

Battlemod has a host of different settings and filtering options with more being added all the time. I figure it is probably worth making a thread here so people can share their settings files and others can experiment with the settings that work best for them.

In order to share your file, put it on pastebin like so:

...then link it!

You already have my settings, which I include with the addon and are generated again on load if the settings files have been deleted. I look forward to seeing your settings!

This is also an appropriate place to ask for more filtering options.
[+]
 Asura.Diggs
サーバ: Asura
user: Digg
By Asura.Diggs 2013-04-20 17:25:08  
This is amazing work Byrth, I really love it! However I changed the setting a bit to fit even more like I allways wanted it to show. I think it is a bit more clean and easier to read at least when alot happening on the screen. My personal opinion ofc, but I gladly share it.

<actor> -> <target>: <action> <number>
Pastebin
Code
<settings>
	<global>
		<condensebattle>true</condensebattle>
		<condensebuffs>true</condensebuffs>
		<cancelmulti>true</cancelmulti>
		<oxford>true</oxford>
		<commamode>false</commamode>
		<supersilence>true</supersilence>
		<targetnumber>true</targetnumber>

<line_full>[${actor}] ¨ ${target}: ${abil} ${number} </line_full>
		<line_noactor>[${abil}] ¨ ${target}: ${number}</line_noactor>
		<line_nonumber>[${actor}] ¨ ${target}: ...${abil}...</line_nonumber>
		<line_aoebuff>[${actor}] ¨ ${target}:  ${abil} (${status})</line_aoebuff>
		<line_roll>[${actor}] ¨ ${target}:  ${abil}ª ${number}</line_roll>
	</global>
</settings>
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-20 17:39:06  
Asura.Diggs said: »
This is amazing work Byrth, I really love it! However I changed the setting a bit to fit even more like I allways wanted it to show. I think it is a bit more clean and easier to read at least when alot happening on the screen. My personal opinion ofc, but I gladly share it.

<actor> -> <target>: <action> <number>
Pastebin
Code
<settings>
	<global>
		<condensebattle>true</condensebattle>
		<condensebuffs>true</condensebuffs>
		<cancelmulti>true</cancelmulti>
		<oxford>true</oxford>
		<commamode>false</commamode>
		<supersilence>true</supersilence>
		<targetnumber>true</targetnumber>

<line_full>[${actor}] ¨ ${target}: ${abil} ${number} </line_full>
		<line_noactor>[${abil}] ¨ ${target}: ${number}</line_noactor>
		<line_nonumber>[${actor}] ¨ ${target}: ...${abil}...</line_nonumber>
		<line_aoebuff>[${actor}] ¨ ${target}:  ${abil} (${status})</line_aoebuff>
		<line_roll>[${actor}] ¨ ${target}:  ${abil}ª ${number}</line_roll>
	</global>
</settings>

I like this. Seeing the damage last is more comfortable to me, as that is how it normally appears in FFXI.
 Phoenix.Innina
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Innina 2013-04-29 12:18:09  
Does anyone know what the filtering is from Counter attack? I can't see when I counter anymore

Thanks!
 Shiva.Gib
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2013-04-29 13:05:18  
is there like a topic or link I can get for a Noobie walk through on how to set this up?

cause I guess I have my head in the sand and this is the first time I've seen it and I LOVE how it looks, at least in Digg's Screen Shot
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-04-29 16:41:49  
Best bet is probably to just check the settings.xml in the addons/battlemod/data folder.
 Bahamut.Ashandarei
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Ashandarei 2013-05-02 15:55:50  
I'm not seeing my counter messages either and can't figure out which I need to unfilter to see it. Any help would be appreciated.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1019 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2016-02-15 04:08:12  
Does anyone know how to stop other people's trusts appearing your battle mod log if they are not in your party?
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [132 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nitefall
user: Nit3fall
By Bismarck.Nitefall 2016-07-07 21:55:38  
Is there anyway to exclude certain job abilities from battlemod? specifically treasure hunter.....just trying to get thtracker to work again and changing the settings for that mod hasn't worked for me yet.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1837 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Galakar
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2021-07-18 10:44:00  
This is probably a small necrobump, but does anyone know how to make it that I do not see actions made by my own trusts in chat log? Tried different things in config, but still can see them.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2021-07-18 12:31:15  
Bahamut.Galakar said: »
This is probably a small necrobump

hmmm 5 years? mehhhhh just a tiny necrobump lol.

Also, good question. It might simply be a feature yet to be added? Unsure.
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: KenshiDRK
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2021-07-18 17:27:57  
If Im not wrong your trusts are considered pt members, so you gotta set the party tags.
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-07-19 03:03:04  
Ragnarok.Kenshi said: »
If Im not wrong your trusts are considered pt members, so you gotta set the party tags.

When I configured my battlemods (tedious process) in the past, I would still see trust's actions that are not in my party, while not seeing other player characters actions. Not sure if the same logic applies to trusts in the party.

In regards to trusts outside the party still showing their actions, I don't recall I managed to filter them out, I might have gave up trying.
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
user: KenshiDRK
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2021-07-19 05:06:39  
Bahamut.Balduran said: »

When I configured my battlemods (tedious process) in the past, I would still see trust's actions that are not in my party, while not seeing other player characters actions. Not sure if the same logic applies to trusts in the party.

In regards to trusts outside the party still showing their actions, I don't recall I managed to filter them out, I might have gave up trying.

I think battlemod considers others trusts as pets.
[+]
 Bahamut.Galakar
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2021-07-19 13:37:18  

Tried filtering party members, but still could see actions by Trusts. Gonna check once more, maybe 've missed something.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2021-07-19 16:54:36  
Yeah this addon is maddening to customize, does someone have a reasonable copy of their own they can post haha
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [369 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-07-23 16:45:39  
just wondering if anyone knows how to make battle mod spam only hit my 2nd chat window, pointless using this if it appears in both windows. for me anyway.

ive scoured what setting i can interpret but not seeing that setting, i like what it does, but need it in just window preferably.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-07-23 17:26:01  
Battlemod doesn't determine which window the chat goes into. I don't believe it has any settings for that at all, as the addon predates XI having multiple log windows. I don't even recall it breaking when they added them either, surprisingly.

Anyway, determining which log window a given chat type goes into is decided by your native FFXI settings.

Config>Log>Window 1 or 2> Then there's various submenus for types of chat and the option to enable or disable them for each window.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-07-23 17:43:09  
update:

if your ingame setting has the damage to be displayed on screen, instead of log, you will get damage spam w/ this mod in both windows, so that solved my problem. Incase others run into this.
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2022-08-15 13:59:32  
I know there aren't a whole lot here, I think just the one, but is there a repository anywhere with uploaded preconfiged files? Particularly if they have like job specific versions?
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [329 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Nekhekh
user: nekhekh
By Bismarck.Nekhekh 2023-07-10 22:24:59  
Has anyone gotten battlemod runtime error? it is saying malformatted XML headers.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [72 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2023-09-21 03:09:47  
So many necrobumps, and several people asking about Trusts the past years but tonight I spent a couple of hours trying to make what my friend wants: that the Trusts in your own party display whenever they cast something ON you (ex: cure, haste, protect, etc.) but do NOT show when they cast on themselves or other trusts / party members.

I simply couldn't do it, mostly it's at the end of the file on the <party> section but I am pretty sure this is bugged because I've tried literally every single option, saving and reloading every time and still not able to do it.

Personally I don't mind seeing what others cast or actions they take, they serve me well but some people (like my friend) would prefer not to see it. Does anybody have this fixed or figured out? Thanks!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-21 03:15:23  
I've been having a similar experience with Battlemod recently.
When Fighting Shinryu I wanted to set it up so I would completely filter out every message concerning damage received or damage done.
Leaving only messages for actions being started, action landing etc.

I tried to turn all relevant filters on in ALL categories, but despite that there's a source of damage that doesn't want to get filtered out: that's the damage Shinryu does to me with TP moves and with his melee attacks (which are probably also considered to be TP moves by the game's engine).

Anybody knows what I should do to filter even those out? I want to see the action Shinryu starts/readies, but I don't want to see the damage they do.
By Dodik 2023-09-21 08:03:44  
Check you don't have a job specific filters file data/filters-<job>.xml for the job you are on too.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-21 08:18:48  
It is a specific job filter, the one for the job I'm currently on and it correctly activates when I swap to that job, just like I want it to.
As a matter of fact it blocks almost everything I wanted it to block (including the damage I perform, my evades etc) but for some reason Shinryu's damage on me still appears in the chatlog.