Question about Corsair Loaded Deck
 Fairy.Rikhu
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-06-29 23:33:02  
Loaded Deck

Game Description:
#Focuses effect of Random Deal on abilities waiting on recast. Has a chance to fail if only one ability is waiting on recast.
# Each futher merit reduces the chance of failure by 10%
Meriting this trait ensures Random Deal will always reset an ability, provided there are 2 or more abilities that have been used and are waiting on recast timers. If there is only one ability on waiting on recast, there is a chance it will not be reset. Meriting more in this category reduces the chance of this happening.
# The chance of failure with only one ability waiting on recast is much higher than 50% with only one upgrade in this category. It seems to be at least 70%, so 3 upgrades in this category should reduce the failure chance to about 50%.
------------------------------

So does it mean:
* even with 1/5 Loaded Deck, can always 100% success if there is 2 ability waiting on recast? random on 1 of 2 ability?

* 1/5 Loaded Deck can fail about 40% if only 1 ability waiting on recast?

* 5/5 Loaded Deck ensure you 100% regain 1 ability if only 1 ability waiting on recast?

* 5/5 Loaded Deck can sometimes regain 2 ability if more than 1 ability waiting on recast?

* 5/5 Loaded Deck combine with AF2 Cor Body ensure you 100% regain 2 ability?
 Fairy.Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-06-30 01:27:41  
anyone know?
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-30 01:53:08  
What I really wanna know is since it can't restore itself if you only have it and 1 other ability waiting does it make restoring that ability 100%? I wanna play funny cor/thf pt flee flee flee flee flee flee tricks :)
 Pandemonium.Areis
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2009-06-30 01:55:55  
0/5 Loaded deck you can fail Random Deal even with 2+ Abilities waiting on recast

1/5 Loaded deck you CAN NOT fail random deal with 2+ Abilities waiting on recast. you CAN fail with 1 Ability waiting on recast

2+/5 Loaded deck you Can Not fail random deal with 2+ abilities waiting on recast. Your chance of failure for 1 ability waiting on recast is reduced

Separate effect: Cor Relic body, if 2+ Abilities on recast you have a chance to restore 2 abilities.

Note: Abilities on recast does not include 2hr or another Random Deal affect, as Random deal will never affect this abilities.
 Fairy.Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-06-30 02:22:06  
do you think it worthed to raise 5/5 Loaded Deck? or just leave it to 1/5 Loaded Deck.

Cause i heard with 5/5 Loaded deck,you can 100% success even only 1 ability waiting on recast.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-30 02:47:56  
lol... the add on this page is for awnings, with a picture of an awning over a timber deck.

Anyway, seems like it'd be best to just leave it at 1 and spend the points on other abilities, even if the full 5 merits does guarantee the ability reset.

But that's just an outsider opinion, I don't even have cor unlocked (which I should do to at least try and reset 2-hours, since blu 2-hour is useless).
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-30 08:37:06  
In contrast to Blazza's statement, if 5/5 really would be 100% I can imagine you'd have some RDMs that'd never leave your side. lol Can't think of many other JAs besides convert that would truly benefit from all the merits that go into it, but there could very well be other stuff? Nothing comes to mind. Salvage RDM would be crazy with double verts if things got really ugly, though.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-30 08:45:11  
You'd have to lower the recast of it if you do 5/5. I honestly would just do 1/5, seeing that there are other abilities that have a much better use (Snake Eye) as 5/5 or 4/5 at least.
 Siren.Kuz
サーバ: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-06-30 09:44:26  
Rikhu said:
do you think it worthed to raise 5/5 Loaded Deck? or just leave it to 1/5 Loaded Deck.

Cause i heard with 5/5 Loaded deck,you can 100% success even only 1 ability waiting on recast.

Personally, I would put maybe ONE into Loaded deck, then focus on Snake Eye and Fold.

Its best to be able to maximize your roll potential.

What I am working on for myself is 5/5 Snake Eye, 4/5 Fold 1/5 Loaded Deck.
couple that with 5/5 Quickdraw Acc and 5/5 Quickdraw recast with a nice MAB set-up and you're pretty formidable.

as i stands now, my QD's do around 380-400+ with the proper MAB gear and Staves. (have the Mirke with -5 to quickdraw recast and +4 MAB). But I still have some work to put into it

and whats nice with Loaded Deck is..., say you Bust.
Immediately Fold, then Random deal.
Since you have 2 abilities waiting to recast (Phantom roll from the busted roll and Fold) Random Deal always targets Phantom roll since it has the shortest recast and *poof* you're back in the game with a better roll.

Works like a charm.
 Fairy.Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-07-02 02:11:45  
ic, thanks for the input guys. I will also use 5/5 snake eye, 4/5 fold, 1/5 Loaded deck then. ^^