言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST gear sets
BST gear sets
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10
By Evenstar1907 2013-04-28 04:16:32  
Hey guys!

After a long break I decided to play FFXI again and I have to say that I am really enjoying it again!

First I leveled BLM to 99 to make sure I have a job that can be useful in LS events. A few weeks ago I also finished leveling BST to solo/duo and have some fun with.

As you guys know BST needs lots of different gear sets and I started making different gear sets using the database here. The only thing is that you can not find the augmented gear (like the Moogle expansions head) in the database when you are searchinf for "pet:" items.

Right now I am focusing on the reward set and I have the following set planned:

ItemSet 298743

+50% Reward
-25s recast timer
+36 MND

This set is pretty easy to obtain and not too expensive. Paying 2.5 million for Neptune's Pearls for 1 more MND is crazy. All items in the set are reasonably priced and reasonably easy to obtain.

I would like some comments and/or suggestions on the set before I started spending my gil on it! Did I miss any items, with augments or something?

I will soon update this thread with more gear sets to discuss and maybe others can use this thread to find the best in slot items for a certain set!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zyphos
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zyphos
By Lakshmi.Zyphos 2013-04-28 05:08:14  
Last I've heard, Beast Jackcoat +1 is better (or at least equal to) Monster Jackcoat +2. If at nothing else, it's probably way cheaper.
 Asura.Jkun
サーバ: Asura
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2013-04-28 05:39:20  
If you're meleeing with pet (and quite frankly, since they added Ruinator you should) capping Reward potency with Zoraal x2 is a real waste. Swap in Ogre gloves and Ferine earring for 42% potency and buy some other upgrade with that money.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zyphos
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zyphos
By Lakshmi.Zyphos 2013-04-28 05:57:28  
Monster Gaiters +2 + Ogre Gloves (NQ is fine) plus ONE Zoraal Ja's caps reward potency at 50%. No need to settle for less, and no reason to go farm a Ferine Earring.
By Evenstar1907 2013-04-28 06:04:08  
I might indeed make a different set for when I actually melee and need/want my TP. There are also certain situations where you can not melee and/or don't need the TP.

The Ferine Earring is pretty nice even when you do no consider using it for the reward bonus on it, so I guess I will end up farming for it anyway one day.

Edit: About the Monster Jackcoat +2 vs. Beast Jackcoat +1. There are so many different stories about those two. So both those items do exactly the same right?

Thanks for the comments.
 Cerberus.Commandervimes
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Commandervimes 2013-04-28 06:13:36  
those two bodies only remove status effects, if you want boosted reward then use something like kirin's osode (more +mnd)
[+]
By Evenstar1907 2013-04-28 06:19:19  
Yea, I am keeping that in mind indeed. In some situations just the extra MND will be more useful then the status effect removal.

I am looking around for a -(P)DT set for pet now. Will post what I think will be a nice set later and hope for some comments there too.

If anyone feels like posting their sets I would really appreciate it also.

So far I think this is what I need as a BST

Reward set

Tank set for pet
DPS set for pet

Ruinator set for master
TP set for master

Am I missing anything?
 Cerberus.Commandervimes
By Cerberus.Commandervimes 2013-04-28 06:24:17  
might seem a little old, but think most of the stuff is still applicable
Help with BST sets
By Alpheus 2013-04-28 06:30:01  
This thread links to the testing done for the Jackcoats

Essentially whichever is easier for you to obtain should be the one to aim for although the relic body can be augmented w/ an enhancement for Feral Howl provided you do it's Dynamis Exp point trial.
 Bahamut.Zangada
サーバ: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2013-04-28 07:37:00  
You can check out my sets, outside nni or salvage gear they're pretty solid.
By Evenstar1907 2013-04-29 06:59:18  
Thanks for all the ideas and links! Going to look into it during maint. this evening :)
By Evenstar1907 2013-04-29 07:20:19  
I adjusted the sets a bit more. Some slots might not be optimal, but I picked the items that are not crazy expensive and relatively easy to obtain for someone that just returned.

Commments are welcome!

Reward set:
ItemSet 298743

Tanking pet, with idle master set:
ItemSet 298891

I could not find any useful rings for the tanking set, so the rings are just the reward rings and will probably be just the general TP rings I will use, so ignore those please.

Next sets I am looking into are Ruinator and master TP sets.
By Toebag 2013-04-29 07:27:34  
RE TANKING SET:

Mirke Wardecors would be better in the body slot, for pure pet DD.

And I'm not sure on those ring choices either, master and pet wouldn't be gaining anything by having them.
Then again when you're playing idle master, there isn't much choice for rings beside Dark Rings

EDIT: and ogre gloves on reward.
 Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2013-04-29 07:53:20  
I just use sheltered ring and paguroidea ring.
[+]
By Evenstar1907 2013-04-29 08:16:16  
Ah crap forgot about the Mirke Wardecors.

Pet: Att. & Rng. Att. +15
Pet: Double Att.+ Crit hit rate +2%

Those two augments are the best I assume?

And I agree about the rings, thanks for the tips on those. Will look into that.
 Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2013-04-29 08:22:00  
Or acc, I don't know the math to say which is exactly best.
By Toebag 2013-04-29 08:36:03  
Yeah, those are the augments I've got on mine.
 Asura.Jkun
By Asura.Jkun 2013-04-29 08:40:41  
Augmented Armada/adaman sollerets are something you want to work on eventually, can get Pet: haste/def.bonus on them among other things.

Beast Bazubands are nice to have, especially with the new def adjustments.

Selemnus belt is easily farmed, swap in against magic-heavy mobs. I tested MDef axes once on the test server, however the results were kind of underwhelming so I wouldn't bother just yet.

Last thing, about Solemn ring...it has a rare flag ._.
By Evenstar1907 2013-04-29 09:03:28  
Asura.Jkun said: »
Augmented Armada/adaman sollerets are something you want to work on eventually, can get Pet: haste/def.bonus on them among other things.

Beast Bazubands are nice to have, especially with the new def adjustments.

Selemnus belt is easily farmed, swap in against magic-heavy mobs. I tested MDef axes once on the test server, however the results were kind of underwhelming so I wouldn't bother just yet.

Last thing, about Solemn ring...it has a rare flag ._.
Great stuff! Thanks a lot.

... and about Solemn Rings .... "doh" That feels stupid!
 Siren.Attaxia
サーバ: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2013-04-29 11:29:21  
Quote:
If you're meleeing with pet (and quite frankly, since they added Ruinator you should) capping Reward potency with Zoraal x2 is a real waste.
For every second you spend meleeing on BST there is another second you will spend standing back while your pet does battle. Since your TP is not of use when you are standing back, it is prudent in these situations to use the potency of Zoraal Ja's. The cap is 50%, so in order to maximize the amount cured you will need to remove other pieces (namely, Ferine earring and possibly Ogre gloves) and trade them off for MND.
For a cheap/easy reward set this is very good. This should be your eventual Aim for non-meleeing reward set:
ItemSet 292720
(MND+11 Astolfo)
Quote:
Then again when you're playing idle master, there isn't much choice for rings beside Dark Rings
You can get Augmented Heaven's rings from ACP final boss fight using Ebon keys that have up to +5 pet Acc, though these appear to be rather rare.
Quote:
Next sets I am looking into are Ruinator and master TP sets.
For an easy/cheap/effective Ruinator set I suggest this:
ItemSet 298966
Eventually leading up to this:
ItemSet 298967
I don't have a TP set to recommend currently, it's too difficult without knowing what gear is available to the player.
By Toebag 2013-04-29 11:42:40  
I'm pretty sure HQ ogre gloves have no advantage over NQ gloves as far as reward's concerned.

Good to know about those rings though, I'll see what augs I get from mine later on tonight, if i even get a ring lol.

I'm not a fan of that -acc stuff on the WS tbh. I think Forager's Mantle would be a viable alternative for Ruinator without sacrificing any accuracy. Half the str sure, but got that extra 20 attack. Or an Atheling Mantle for the occasional double attack along with the +attack.

Again in the hand slot I'd be inclined to use Ferine Manoplas+2. 2 less str than those Heafoc Mitts, but +15 attack and critical hits +3%. For me that would out-weight the benefits of an extra 2 str.
 Siren.Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2013-04-29 11:57:37  
Quote:
I'm pretty sure HQ ogre gloves have no advantage over NQ gloves as far as reward's concerned.
Ogre Gloves +1 have +11% NQ have +10%
Though you are correct in the sense that the set I posted is 51% Reward potency. +1 are still worth getting for a set that doesn't swap out Axes because it is impossible to cap Reward potency.
Quote:
I'm not a fan of that -acc stuff on the WS tbh. I think Forager's Mantle would be a viable alternative for Ruinator without sacrificing any accuracy. Half the str sure, but got that extra 20 attack. Or an Atheling Mantle for the occasional double attack along with the +attack.
STR is a huge deal for Ruinator, and attack is capped almost all of the time due to the attack boost Ruinator gives and the target levels a BST typically fights.
Quote:
Again in the hand slot I'd be inclined to use Ferine Manoplas+2. 2 less str than those Heafoc Mitts, but +15 attack and critical hits +3%.

Critical hit rate does nothing for Ruinator.
By Evenstar1907 2013-04-29 12:02:24  
Great post Attaxia, really helps me in the right direction.

I would love to see some more TP sets. I am currently in a very nice LS that can handle all the content. However I do not have the time to attend most events, so it will take ages to get items from the high-end events.

So my items will mostly come from AH, NMs you can solo/duo and/or do with shouts (Ferine set and so on).
 Asura.Bitesized
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2013-04-29 12:12:13  
On the reward macro, I like to use rings and earrings that have different names because sometimes they wont macro in as quickly as they should sometimes. For that reason I use karka and aquasoul rings.
 Asura.Jkun
By Asura.Jkun 2013-04-29 12:25:23  
Evenstar1907 said: »

I would love to see some more TP sets. I am currently in a very nice LS that can handle all the content. However I do not have the time to attend most events, so it will take ages to get items from the high-end events.

So my items will mostly come from AH, NMs you can solo/duo and/or do with shouts (Ferine set and so on).

ItemSet 298974

This will give you capped haste and is relatively easy to farm/cheap on AH. Something you can start from, adding DA/TA/QA, attack and accuracy gear in other slots as you can.

Pssst, aurore/perle feet are fine too
 Cerberus.Mirril
user: flywacket
By Cerberus.Mirril 2013-04-29 12:26:49  
Current tp set for bst. It's primary focus is capped haste with as much double/triple attack thrown in as I can manage. The extra acc on the ferine gausape +2 is actually good for adoulin areas. This set also takes advantage of full mp merit with the oneiros ring. That ring can be removed for another if you can't hit the latent. Aalak' axe or strength/pet attk astolfo (they got put in the wrong order in the set) for damages.

The best TP set ever? Nah. But an "average" one, as I'm an "average" player. Easily obtainable.

ItemSet 298976

Many of the pieces were chosen to do double duty in ws sets to save on space.

ItemSet 298982

The head would do better with a mekira-oto (but I'm a cheapskate). Takes advantage of STR, attack, accuracy, and double/triple attack where applicable. I frequently see Ruinators over 4k using this build.
 Siren.Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2013-04-29 12:28:39  
I recommend you work towards this:
ItemSet 292965

Quote:
It wouldn't let me put the Karieyh Brayettes in here for some reason, but they are part of this ws set.
That's because the suggestion is spelled incorrectly, type it out correctly or add an [s] to the end and it will show up.
By Evenstar1907 2013-04-29 15:28:10  
I have this as my final reward set now. Any comments?

All items are easy to obtain (some pretty expensive, but still doable). The Astolfo is a +11MND one (the one with the Pet: Magic Defense Bonus +11).

Thanks Ataxxia for the comments and ideas, liked most of them so far.

ItemSet 298743
By Evenstar1907 2013-04-29 16:00:24  
Final set for pet tanking, while I am at a safe distance.

ItemSet 299016

Astolfos are the VIT+11 ones (with Pet: Physical Damage Taken -11%)

There are two pieces I did not add to the list for now, since I am not sure how good they actually are going to be. I also think those are not dealbreakers.

1) Beast Bazubands (+5% defense) vs. Ferine Manoplas +2 (+50TP on Ready)

2) Primal Belt (+5 defense, +3 enmity) vs. Moepapa Stone (+5% haste)

If you ONLY look at it from a tanking perspective you might want to go for the defense gear, but I think the replacements are pretty good and will make a fight last a little shorter, which is also an indirect way of damage mitigation.

I did not add any rings to the set since there is nothing with "Pet:" in that slot. Some people wrote down some nice ideas above already, so will look into that later.

Comments are still welcome to change my mind =)
 Cerberus.Mirril
user: flywacket
By Cerberus.Mirril 2013-04-29 17:25:00  
Siren.Attaxia said: »
I recommend you work towards this:
ItemSet 292965

Quote:
It wouldn't let me put the Karieyh Brayettes in here for some reason, but they are part of this ws set.
That's because the suggestion is spelled incorrectly, type it out correctly or add an [s] to the end and it will show up.

Thank you ^^
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10