users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » Windower 4.0 lockup at startup
Windower 4.0 lockup at startup
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-04-30 17:27:26  
About 50% of the time when i startup FFXI, Windower 4.0 will lock up on me at the blue screen, as all the plug-ins are loading up. I have tried narrowing this down to a single plug-in, but so far have not been able to do so. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this, or if there was a way to look up the processes that are going on, to determine the source of the issue.

Thank you.
By spryte 2013-04-30 17:46:05  
does this to me also
[+]
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-04-30 17:55:53  
Disable DrawDistance and InfoBar. Then go to your scripts folder and open the init file. Scroll to the bottom and press ENTER x2. Now copy and paste the following and you will no longer have this issue:

wait 7
load DrawDistance
load InfoBar

This has stopped the crashing for me, and a friend. Hope it helps you out.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-04-30 18:01:21  
Bismarck.Chaosprime said: »
Disable DrawDistance and InfoBar. Then go to your scripts folder and open the init file. Scroll to the bottom and press ENTER x2. Now copy and paste the following and you will no longer have this issue:

wait 7
load DrawDistance
load InfoBar

This has stopped the crashing for me, and a friend. Hope it helps you out.

Thanks, will try in a few when I get to my PC.
By spryte 2013-04-30 21:44:07  
i tried but now it keeps locking up after i select my character :(
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-05-01 03:58:54  
spryte said: »
i tried but now it keeps locking up after i select my character :(

That's fine set the wait to 15. Should be plenty for you to log into the game. The plugins will at that point load after you logged in.

Seeing as you have now passed tyhe point its clearly the plugins. The 2 options you have is increasing the wait time for them, or simply load them in once you log in. The wait function pretty much does that for you. But you know some people prefer doing everything themselves to avoid anything. If you dont log in within 15 seconds try 20 seconds till you find the right timing.

Thanks

PS. Just for peace of mind for yourself. You could remove them 3 lines, disable the plugins from Windower and try log in. You should log in perfectly fine. But setting to 15-20 should be ample of time.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-01 04:43:17  
I just turned off infobar and left the knit file alone. No issues so far. I must have missed this one when cycling through them all.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-05-01 06:35:15  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
I just turned off infobar and left the knit file alone. No issues so far. I must have missed this one when cycling through them all.

Good to see you got it working. You can enable the plugin once in game. Mine causes no problems auto activating after i get past the accept screen (with the delay within the init file).

Enjoy
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-05-24 09:19:37  
Mine is still crashing with everything add ons and plug ins turned off.