フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Blade: Jin
Blade: Jin
First Page 2
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-07-01 21:38:08  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=91116

Any suggestions? I'm not 75, so no haidate. But how about things like Denali feet > bounding boots? Any better head peices? I was told earlier that potent belt is better than warwolf, for the ACC.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-07-01 21:43:07  
What level are you? Fire Bomblet, Optical Hat or Voyager Sallet, acc neckpiece => Gorget, attack/accuracy earrings and pair one with Brutal (Suppa is doing nothing there), accuracy rings perhaps, warwolf belt maybe and Denali Feet.

Multihits are to do with your gear as a whole when considering swapping pieces unlike singlehits especially when looking at potent/warwolf belts etc.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-07-01 21:47:03  
am 73. i'm collecting for coins, and organs and ohat peices. i'm two missions away from rajas, so i'll probably put ecphoria ring back there aswell.
 Odin.Ahligieri
サーバ: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-07-01 21:49:49  
rings? some acc/rajas probably
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-01 22:01:43  
Personally I prefer a whole assload moar acc for Jin than what is offered in that set currently. I'd say O-hat and Life/Potent belt at the very least, along with Denali feet and a new neck; amulet/gorget. There are crit tiers that can take advantage of stacking assloads of dex for WS, but without god gear such as Osode and Haidate I'd think you'd be better off stacking Accuracy to ensure all hits connect all the time and then worrying about attack and modifiers post-75 with that more desirable gear.

Also, I believe Senj's critical rate+% only applies to that particular katana's hits, and not at a cumulative bonus. With that said it'd be the better main-hand, assuming that's true.
 Bahamut.Brake
user: Brake
By Bahamut.Brake 2009-07-01 22:34:37  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=93317

Just putting up an example. This is my current Blade:Jin setup. Its not complete but it works good for the time being.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-07-01 22:37:48  
Looks like a very good Blade: Jin setup to me. Obvious improvements but looks good.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-07-01 22:52:57  
Brake said:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=93317

Just putting up an example. This is my current Blade:Jin setup. Its not complete but it works good for the time being.

this is something like what i'm looking to get.
i've never really noticed many acc problems even with the minimal amount i have in my tpgear, but then i almost always use acc food aswell.

i think that is how senj works, and with fudos aswell i believe, the only reason it's offhanded there is cause it's not unlocked yet lol.
 Asura.Shua
サーバ: Asura
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2009-07-01 22:59:47  
Ultrarichard said:

Any suggestions? I'm not 75, so no haidate. But how about things like Denali feet > bounding boots? Any better head peices? I was told earlier that potent belt is better than warwolf, for the ACC.

At night use AF2 boots.
Merit Katanas to 8.
Simple.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-07-01 23:01:35  
Shua said:

At night use AF2 boots.
Merit Katanas to 8.
Simple.

amusingly, af2 boots dropped today and i wasnt there lol >.>
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-02 07:46:47  
Shua said:
Ultrarichard said:

At night use AF2 boots.
Merit Katanas to 8.
Simple.

Do NOT merit Kanata to 8.
 Garuda.Maasahn
サーバ: Garuda
user: maasahn
By Garuda.Maasahn 2009-07-02 09:08:30  
This is what my jin looks like but wait, i NEVER use ninja anymore.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-07-02 09:25:59  
Frobeus said:

whyyyyyy? i dunt have any other combat merits to do... so might aswell.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-07-02 09:54:48  
Here is my Jin setup. Its nowhere near perfect. Blade: Jin
 Kujata.Nanyo
サーバ: Kujata
user: Nanyo
By Kujata.Nanyo 2009-07-02 10:06:21  
Frobeus said:
Shua said:
Ultrarichard said:

At night use AF2 boots.
Merit Katanas to 8.
Simple.

I'm rather interested in Why you think this. If you don't mind sharing @.@ Seems Rather Ambigus to just say "Don't" Seems like a decent Idea to merit it fully to me @.@ (Not like I'm going to merit Sword for RDM XD)
 Fenrir.Nephthyz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Sephera
By Fenrir.Nephthyz 2009-07-02 10:13:53  
this is my jin get up, no kitty pants for me yet, but its a work in progress >.<

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=83370
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2009-07-02 10:30:55  
Senjiunrikio in main hand. Jin counts crits. Double your crit chance at sacrifice of 1 base damage. But, base damage is dividied by 9 and rounded so it makes no difference anyway. Do stats first until the STR overtakes enemy's VIT, then do attack. There's a Damage Calculator that exists that shows what is projected to be the damage when you add all the variables.

Item Sets:
http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=202971#item_sets

WS Damage:
http://ffxi.killvoid.com/page.php?al=dcalc

Calculator for tons of other things:
http://www.ffxicalculator.com/
 Pandemonium.Bonlack
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Bonlack
By Pandemonium.Bonlack 2009-07-02 10:39:06  
Many ppl argue on Jin setups. My NIN uses Shura Kabuto, Hauby(NQ), Ochimusha Kote, Byakkos haidate, Rajas/flame ring, Triumph/Minuet, Warwolf belt. Amemet +1,Rutters Sabatons, and Ungurs or Bombcore depending on what I'm doing. As for Merits I'm 8/8 Katana. This leaves me open to use attack food instead of sushi for most anything unless tanking or killing things T-VT. The merits give you the acc to open up better EQ choices instead of stacking a buttload of acc in. Jin irc is 30/30 STR/DEX so i like to have a healthy balance of both STR and DEX for my WS. Im not fond of the idea of using Osode even with 8/8 merits just for the fact of losing that 10att and 10acc. My weapons are Senj/Perdu as well. As for TP just stack as much haste gear as possible. Also if NIN is your main then i would def suggest getting 4/4 evasion merits. Hope this helps out a bit and good luck with NIN^^.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-07-02 11:02:17  
Well i'd like it to be my main.. but leveled brd first so not gunna happen lol, i have 4/4 eva merits and 4/4 emnity. one or two str merits but havent done alot more on it. i intend to go 8/8 katana i used an ACC calculator using my jin gear, and it said i'd get 76% (with crab sushi) on greater birds. i prefer Hkote which i'm going to get when i can be bothered, i do fudo/fudo atm because senj isnt unlocked but it's not far off. that ws damage calculator said i'd get 300-500 jins. mixed with 3/3 dual-wield and 11% haste (not 75 yet) that should be enough to do a decent amount of damage?!
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2009-07-02 11:09:42  
Double check a few things. Jin is four hits (3 front 1 off) and watch your TP return. You should be getting 11% on a full Jin, 12% for a DA from /WAR, 13% for two DA, and 14% I think is the most. These are rough estimates because of Store TP and stuff.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-07-02 11:11:27  
last time i was paying attention, i was getting like 9% back. with only +1 stp so i imagine that means i'm missing one hit?
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-07-02 11:14:43  
Stack accuracy until you are getting full TP returns 95% of the time. Then back off and add DEX and STR to up your damage.
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2009-07-02 11:14:44  
Possibly. ACC should be first. At 75, with 8/8 Katana merits, being A- still puts NIN at maybe 72% ACC. TP/WS ACC is crucial (balancing haste). Stats until you get a "Low Defense" con then you put on attack because you've capped STR, for the most part.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-02 11:39:52  
Jin sucks *** if no hit crits tho
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-07-02 11:42:49  
Thunderz said:
Jin sucks *** if no hit crits tho

well i'd hope 4/4 crit hit and senj/fudo would be enough to ensure a crit most of the time.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-02 12:56:44  
Nanyo said:
Frobeus said:
Shua said:
Ultrarichard said:

At night use AF2 boots.
Merit Katanas to 8.
Simple.

I'm rather interested in Why you think this. If you don't mind sharing @.@ Seems Rather Ambigus to just say "Don't" Seems like a decent Idea to merit it fully to me @.@ (Not like I'm going to merit Sword for RDM XD)

Easy. Nin's Acc sucks. Even with 8/8 merits if your eating meat you will wiff up a storm in your speed build. Eat sushi > tp in speed build > pile on good stuff for Jin.

If your not in meripo then A. Why are you meleeing on Nin, or B. If your doing something like Limbus you don't need 8/8 merits anyway.
 Pandemonium.Gloomis
user: miperich
By Pandemonium.Gloomis 2009-07-02 17:50:44  
if your worried about your dmg on nin either on your WS or dot mele damage, and you dont plan on ninja being your main job... then dont worry about it. from my experiance ninja and good damage dont usualy go hand in hand unless you put alot of work into it. however if you do want to do some nice damage on ninja (and yes ninja can do very good damage) then yes, full katana merits STR or DEX merits, i suppose STR if your doing jin, im erasing my STR to cap DEX for the crits and metsu slowly. AF2 boot and gloves at night, rutter sabatons and af1+1 gloves or hume rse gloves if you can wear them, basically get your acc from your sushi and peices where major str and dex upgrades arent available. i have never been a subscriber of the theory that you need crazy acc gear like pcc and toradors rings, my acc is just fine without. but overall, dont sweat it if your blade jin sucks @ 75 without merits because basically... Ninja sucks @ 75 without merits and some pretty good gear, and this is comming from a Nin ^^. gl
p.s. NIN>PLD 8)
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-07-02 18:34:04  
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8486/gloomiscouragewolf.jpg

(don't do either of those ever)
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-07-02 22:10:33  
Hmm okay so i've gone away to absorb this information, and have a much better understanding, got ohat pop, now to find people to kill, and i'll be working on fire bomblet soon enough. thanks for everyones help :o

gunna go 8/8 merits and 5/5 str... and also hope my jin gear will carry over to evisceration.
 Pandemonium.Gloomis
user: miperich
By Pandemonium.Gloomis 2009-07-03 10:13:45  
hahaha <3 ironguy lol i wish i had been on this server when i still cared what people thought about how i pla, ill go get a pcc today just for you 8)
First Page 2