users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Samurai Namas Arrow
Samurai Namas Arrow
 Remora.Nyris
サーバ: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Nyris
By Remora.Nyris 2013-05-11 14:25:36  
Working on finishing my Yoichi and currently gearing SAM towards its use. I know there are a lot of discussions about this but they're fragmented I would like to see both good TP and WS sets in one topic please!

I want these sets geared towards SAM/DRG

Here's what I'm at

ItemSet 284302

Even with a 0STP WS I should have a 5 hit TP build with this incomplete setup. My question is then what else should I look for to fill the rest of these holes? I'm thinking about getting Love Torque for the neck..

Double attack/Zanshin doesn't affect multi-hit weapons right? So maybe the brutal earring isn't even worth it for TP.

Please advise!

If there's a completely different set that's better for fastest TP gain please let me know! I'm looking for the most current equipment options of course.

As for WS I'm not so far in yet.

ItemSet 300664

STR is still the most important thing for Namas Arrow right? What would complete this set or is there a better configuration all together?
 Asura.Ccl
サーバ: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-11 14:40:54  
Berserk is THE MOST important thing for sam Namas, so /war is a must.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-05-11 14:41:17  
/DRG would have limited use. You pretty much have to use /war for it to be effective.

Namas spam requires a ton of attack to be effect. You have to be approaching the pDIF max. This was not the case at 75 but SAMs GKT WSs have evolved to the point that Namas spam is only for extremely high buffed situations.

The combo that works best is Amano/Yoichi during high buffs. It give you access to Namas during Zerk up or against piercing mobs and it gives you Kaiten/Shoha for Zerk down or slashing mobs. If attack is very low obviously just spam Shoha.

With the new plasma weapons (Uguly) you can pretty much put Bow SAM away until they update the relics.
 Remora.Nyris
サーバ: Remora
user: Nyris
By Remora.Nyris 2013-05-12 16:04:22  
No suggestions for this other than the nay-sayers?
 Odin.Zelphes
サーバ: Odin
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-05-12 16:26:17  
Remora.Nyris said: »
No suggestions for this other than the nay-sayers?

Ignoring good advices given, despite the available info on Namas-gearing on this forum, by either use "search" function, or by simply checking the SAM guide on page 1, will give you more nay-sayers.
 Fenrir.Caladbolg
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Caladbolg 2013-05-12 16:27:18  
No one is saying not to do it, they're just saying it's not as effective as it once was and that you'd get more out of a different sub. SE is planning to upgrade relics to be competitive again, but who knows when.

Until then I would suggest this:
Speleogen Bow
and Apex Arrow.

It's not going to beat Uguisumaru and Shoha on IT+ content, paired with quint spear it should destroy any pre-Adoulin content. I haven't gotten around to messing with it myself yet.

Apex
ItemSet 300793
 Fenrir.Curty
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2013-05-12 16:58:31  
Just a quick note... phorcys body is pretty huge for all the 1 hit Ranged WS.