users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » rune fencer solos
rune fencer solos
 Phoenix.Skyfire
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2014-11-02 20:57:19  
Sub Sam or can Sub Nin. I prefer sub Nin since I personally like to use swords. Sanguine Blade helps very much if in need of a cure.
Tried on Normal. But would time out around 30%. With a BRD could probably duo. Nothing really hurts on Normal and below with appropriate runes and equip. Pretty much can parry most tp moves. Battutta is pretty broken lol.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-11-02 21:48:14  
Fought her on Normal as /NIN with a RDM friend tagging along and won without any difficulty, and got the gloves! Doing enough damage is definitely the reason soloing this fight is hard. I'd wager it'd be no issue at all with Epeolatry though.

How much were you Sanguine Blades doing, by the way? How bout your other WSs, or did you save your TP for Sanguine in case of trouble? I figure this is probably one of the more challenging fights to solo of the 6 due to constant risk of paralysis, her own immunity to paralysis, and Rush being a 5-hit WS.
By dedrummer000 2014-11-02 22:05:49  
has any1 attempted to solo PW? need to 99 my mythic and seems like that would make it more fun.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2014-11-02 23:12:21  
I tried it with a whm mule, and a couple things to look out for are discoid and the final form lamps. The lamps individually aren't dangerous in the final form, however having all 8 casting a nuke along with PWs adds up. Vivacious pulse will come up short on healing, especially considering most of the time, they use different elements. Astral flow at the 25s wasn't dangerous either as each individually hit me for 50~75ish (120 on pld without aegis). I really recommend taking a healer and a twilight holder your first time as a safety net, but i think PW should be soloable. I always bring pops on both my chars so no reason to solo

edit: i was /blu
 Phoenix.Skyfire
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2014-11-03 00:49:22  
I didn't hold tp usually. I believe they were doing 1k perhaps for sanguine blade. For Requis from 1-2k iirc.

I found Ifrit to be a pain. His tp move goes through shadows and does phys and ele dmg...
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-11-03 06:59:38  
Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee said: »
I tried it with a whm mule, and a couple things to look out for are discoid and the final form lamps. The lamps individually aren't dangerous in the final form, however having all 8 casting a nuke along with PWs adds up. Vivacious pulse will come up short on healing, especially considering most of the time, they use different elements. Astral flow at the 25s wasn't dangerous either as each individually hit me for 50~75ish (120 on pld without aegis). I really recommend taking a healer and a twilight holder your first time as a safety net, but i think PW should be soloable. I always bring pops on both my chars so no reason to solo

edit: i was /blu

There's a solo vid on youtube, no trust/mule.
 Phoenix.Skyfire
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2014-11-10 17:08:46  
Well, tried solo'ing the new Rafflesia NM Vemosia.(with trusts)
Run/nin, got it to 45% then i guess it raged? Started taking almost no dmg from melee or magic(useing magic ws's) and its evasion sky rocketed.

Seemed really easy up to that point. Guess just not enough dmg output in short amount of time.