users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Ryunohige
Ryunohige
 Fenrir.Faction
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Faction 2013-05-23 23:52:47  
Hey all,

I was wondering if it's really worth getting a ryunohige? I've never seen one being used. I finally have the Gil for it but not sure if its really worth 300M.

Thanks
 Valefor.Darrtt
サーバ: Valefor
user: Darrt
By Valefor.Darrtt 2013-05-23 23:58:46  
i would wait for the R/E/M update before committing to something like that. Try to get an Upukirex in the meantime.

Assuming they do make R/E/M on par with the stupid high base damage of delve weapons, yes, Ryu will be worth every last gil.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2013-05-24 00:13:20  
If the new Ryu base damage is close to Upukirex's, then it'll easily surpass it. But yes, wait until the adjustments are finalized.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-24 00:49:41  
Given that you can keep AM3 up and there isn't a lot of down time where that AM is wasted, I was under the impression that Ryu is still the best even pre adjustment.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-05-24 01:17:28  
99 ryu pre update is still a beast even against delve weapons, those crit jumps and dmg increase to drakesbane are no joke. i would continue working on the weapon if you are already working on it, seeing as it's already been confirmed it's going to get an upgrade.
 Sylph.Valleth
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Valleth 2013-05-24 01:46:02  
YouTube Video Placeholder

My initial response
 Sylph.Valleth
By Sylph.Valleth 2013-05-24 01:49:47  
Valefor.Darrtt said: »
i would wait for the R/E/M update before committing to something like that. Try to get an Upukirex in the meantime.

Assuming they do make R/E/M on par with the stupid high base damage of delve weapons, yes, Ryu will be worth every last gil.

Try to build an Iron Man Suit and try to raise the dead while you try and get that Upukirex
 Ragnarok.Eriina
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2013-05-24 05:35:07  
Well i just got home. After putting it into the spreadsheet it looks like Ryunohige99 does come out ahead of Upukirex even before update. Upukirex using stardiver instead of drakesbane. Checked against Ig-Alima and Chapuli(102).

Ig-Alima:
Ryunohige99 - 533.137 DPS
Upukirex - 468.443 DPS

Chapuli(102)
Ryunohige99 - 952.009 DPS
Upukirex - 837.441 DPS

**Disclaimer** There is a very high probability I am spread-sheeting wrong as I am not so savvy. (If I am way off base, I'd love some help on proper spread sheet and parsing tips from you pros!!)

So that's the "on paper" version. As far as anecdotal evidence, It is easier than I expected to come out ahead on the parse vs delve weapon DDs. Out of like 50+ delves (8~10 DD per delve?) I've only lost the parse 3 times (coming in 2nd). Twice to a KILLER drk with maxed bereiver and he was very good, and once to Evihime, also very very good. It was one of my earliest delves and I learned a lot from her actually.

tldr: this weapon is nuts and it seems like it's still worth making even before the update, let alone after. But get some other people's word for it too^^
 Sylph.Wardeniii
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-05-24 07:42:22  
Situations that are less favorable for maintaining AM3, and situations where you are not receiving proper accuracy buffs are where Upukirex will come ahead. The dps on Upukirex is close enough to the dps of Ryunohige with AM3 active to make it a serious contender once you factor in the additional time required to maintain AM3.

The ability to use your spirit/soul jump at the end of AM3 to quickly boost your TP favors Ryu of course. However, in situations where maintaining AM3 is unfavorable, I have no doubts that once you take the polearms off of paper and start actually using them, Upukirex will win. The real question will come down to, "Just how much wiggle room do I have with how long it takes me to refresh my AM3 in order to keep Ryu ahead of Upukirex."

That being said though, for the time being at least, if you aren't currently capable of making a Ryu, you also probably aren't capable of getting an Upukirex unless you buy a spot in a bee win for loads of gil.

Asura.Izilder
サーバ: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2013-05-24 07:48:23  
yeh i think if you cant maintain AM3 its not going to be as strong
 Ragnarok.Eriina
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2013-05-24 15:08:13  
Yeah, it is definitely true that the less buffs you have, the harder it is to perform with ryu. The more buffs you have, the easier it is to pull ahead.

@Wardeniii, you've probably done more ryu-ing than I have, where have you found AM3 to be difficult to maintain? I really only do delve and I've found it to be a cakewalk in there. (With a bit of practice of course. I was terrible for the first few days. I still want to get better.)

A~~nd this is all considering only a pre-update ryu, heh. Every 1D ryu gets in the buff will put Upukirex farther behind. And I think it's safe to speculate ryu will get more than 1D in the update.
 Fenrir.Faction
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Faction 2013-05-25 08:49:12  
Thanks guys! I'm going to keep working on it and hopefully it will be done right before the update.
 Lakshmi.Kukailimoku
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kuahana
By Lakshmi.Kukailimoku 2013-05-26 04:38:20  
faction - if you are a dragoon at heart, you will love the ryu.
[+]
 Bahamut.Sorel
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Sorel 2013-06-15 19:14:07  
I'm about to finish my Ryu and I didn't want to make another thread, but I have a question for Ryu owners.

What is your TP strategy for maintaining aftermath?
Should I switch from DA to Crit grip?
What should I prioritize in my Aftermath TP and WS sets?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Angeljcar 2013-06-23 21:48:45  
I was wondering if it's really worth getting a ryunohige? I've never seen one being used. I finally have the Gil for it but not sure if its really worth 300M.

Thanks[/quote]
is
Fenrir.Faction said: »
Hey all,

Thanks

Even post delve its a force to be wreckended with. After seeing the boost the mythic sword (higher dmg than the relic sword post update) mythic polearm is probably going to have higher base dmg than the relic. It's going to be epic and beastly and if you love drg its an easy choice, if youre solely in it for the damage i would reccomend the Sam GK because Sam has never been nerfed, in fact the best way to way to buff Sam is to complain that their overpowered and walla SE buffs them further. :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By minikomby 2013-06-27 01:32:36  
Fenrir.Faction said: »
Hey all,

Thanks

If you have the money go for that, after REM update everything on REM could increase price to double, get your polearm and dont worry much about REM 99-II