Getting The Boot While Idle?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » Getting the boot while idle?
Getting the boot while idle?
 Valefor.Esdain
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-05-25 11:04:31  
Perhaps it's just my connection, but I wanted to ask about it here to see if anyone else was having the same problems as me.

I find that if I leave my character logged in, but untouched for over 30 minutes or so, I come back to find myself disconnected. Before you ask, the following is set: Config > Global > Auto-Disconnect: Off.

I was just curious if anyone else had this issue. Like I said, it could be my connection. My router does love to reset nightly at 3:30 AM, but when I'm awake beyond that and log back in, when I go to sleep and come back, I'm disconnected again. Perhaps it's not a windower issue at all, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

Also, does anyone else have Windower crash when you log out of the game and back to POL? Every time I am booted off or log off manually, back to POL, it encounters an error that windows wants to make an error report about and send it off to Microsoft.

These are just small things, and I havn't documented my settings here. I just was curious if it's a known issue. I like to leave my characters logged on overnight because 1. Logging into POL is tediously annoying. 2. I have things I'd like to bazaar overnight.

Anyhoo, thanks in advance for any feedback on this issue that I'm experiencing.
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-05-25 11:18:19  
I've encounter that several times recently as well. Whether it's been standing in Western Adoulin or inside the Mog House there, I've randomly gotten the boot with Connection Terminated, and once a Timed Out. Sometimes it happens a few times a day, sometimes not; I don't understand it.

The latter is a known issue that is at the bottom of the priority list to fix, from what I understand. Since you're logging out of the game, etc.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-05-25 11:22:35  
if you haven't already and are using a router, set up a static ip and port forwarding for:
-TCP 25, 80, 110, 443, 50000 - 65535
-UDP 50000 - 65535

a lot of routers end up dropping packets, and ffxi's networking is abysmal so it'll d/c you even if you miss a couple unimportant ones.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
サーバ: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-05-25 11:25:10  
I'd suggest you contact your ISP and check with them if they have any issues with persistent connections. You could also ask if they're doing some sort of maintenance. PlayOnline traffic is encrypted and could be mistakenly identified as peer to peer file transfer traffic (such as peers exchanging file tracking information as some piracy networks use lists of hashes for file identification)...

ISPs dislike P2P traffic as it forces them to upgrade their equipment more often than they would want to. One user doing P2P heavily eats up as much bandwidth as two or three people watching netflix and maybe 10 moms/pops looking at facebook pages.

So yep, check with your ISP if they think you're doing P2P. Explain that it's a online game and it has such a little bandwidth requirement...

It just want/need a reliable link...
[+]