Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » Linkshell Community
Linkshell Community
Administrator
By Scragg 2013-05-29 13:34:25  
I never got a response from SE about the status of the Linkshell Community. If they mentioned it at all on the official forums let me know.

In the meantime, I tweaked the LSC spider a bit to continue scanning character profiles and linkshells. They include:

• If the character count of a linkshell doesn't match the number at the top of the memberlist page, it will be skipped. This indicates the page had an error.

• Character profiles will be skipped if presented with the "server is currently busy" error. The character LSC URL will be preserved.

• In both instances, fail or not, the page will be considered "updated" to push it to the back of the queue. Hopefully it will be successful next time around.

Character and linkshell pages are still accessible with the correct URL. Many of them error out and it's my goal to determine when that happens.

Larger linkshell pages on the LSC are more likely to error out. This error occurs immediately if a single member is currently using one of the new jobs (rune fencer or geomancer). This causes the page to be truncated and subsequent members are not present. This is exactly what caused FFXIAH linkshells to be missing members.
[+]
By Muhfuggah 2013-05-29 13:40:43  
TY Scragg
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-05-29 13:48:06  
Out of curiosity, would Guildwork not be able to pull all the information (aside from Linkshells) related to our character, then that gets transferred onto here?

It can pull details about most things already for the GW site, would it not be easier to have that sync'd over here to cover things like Mission details (assuming it's possible) and a summary of your character - like the LSC would do if it'd actually work?
[+]
Administrator
By Scragg 2013-05-29 14:25:07  
Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
Out of curiosity, would Guildwork not be able to pull all the information (aside from Linkshells) related to our character, then that gets transferred onto here?

It can pull details about most things already for the GW site, would it not be easier to have that sync'd over here to cover things like Mission details (assuming it's possible) and a summary of your character - like the LSC would do if it'd actually work?

Yes, but many don't use GW plugin and the main issue has been fixing linkshell member listings. GW also uses the LSC to verify characters. Since LSC has been down, GW has been using FFXIAH as an option to verify characters. FFXIAH continues to use crystal buying as a way of verification.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-05-29 14:29:42  
Ahh, I see. I noticed I didn't need LSC to add my character to GW after swapping servers, I thought they might've given up on it.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-05-29 14:42:05  
I don't think SE will be updating LS Community because it takes too much work to keep it maintained. Tanaka mentioned a over a year ago that development for a mobile app was in the works, and LSC has been down since March 26. Since then they have released 4 generic responses to the issue on: March 30, 31, April 12, and May 2.

I assume that they have abandoned all support for LSC, only keeping it up for people that use it for their Linkshell homepage (lol) until development has finished for their mobile app.

Just my guess~ Whatever the reason they are letting down a lot of people and it shouldn't take 64+ days for them to fix a website players depend on.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-05-29 14:46:13  
I remember back before GW existed there used to be a drop down box on your character's setting page to select the LS you were in(the one where you have all your show/hide options, etc). Should totally bring that back lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tanag
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tanag
By Quetzalcoatl.Tanag 2013-05-31 10:04:04  
So is there no way to join a new linkshell and have it register right now?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-05-31 10:12:39  
Scragg said: »
Sylph.Hitetsu said: »

Yes, but many don't use GW plugin and the main issue has been fixing linkshell member listings. GW also uses the LSC to verify characters. Since LSC has been down, GW has been using FFXIAH as an option to verify characters. FFXIAH continues to use crystal buying as a way of verification.
I have a suggestion, I have GW, but don't really use it as it costs and at the time I couldn't justify the $3 when I could do what I planned to use it for manually. My suggestion is since there ARE limited functions to non-sub GW, can it not be tweaked to pull info but not serve the functions you'd get if you were subscribed?
 Siren.Calnus
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2013-06-01 08:48:23  
I know it wasn't exactly the best way to run things. But remember when we manually added linkshells to our profile? I really think at this point it needs to go back to that. Sure some people abused it a bit, but I left my LS nearly 3 months ago and really don't want it plastered all over my profile still.....

Not to mention on guildwork it says 100 times a day i leave and join the linkshell over and over again. With 4 accounts it gets spammy and just stupid after this long.

Would be nice to show a newly joined/started linkshell instead of stuck with what you were last in for 6+ months. I don't honestly see the LS community being fixed any time soon.

If you are concerned with the forcing of Guildwork, it's really the only other option.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-06-01 08:51:11  
Siren.Calnus said: »
I know it wasn't exactly the best way to run things. But remember when we manually added linkshells to our profile? I really think at this point it needs to go back to that. Sure some people abused it a bit, but I left my LS nearly 3 months ago and really don't want it plastered all over my profile still.....

Not to mention on guildwork it says 100 times a day i leave and join the linkshell over and over again. With 4 accounts it gets spammy and just stupid after this long.

Would be nice to show a newly joined/started linkshell instead of stuck with what you were last in for 6+ months. I don't honestly see the LS community being fixed any time soon.
You could allow an LS leader to set sackholders to approve/deny people, but I'd assume there'd be quite a bit or work involved.
 Siren.Calnus
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2013-06-01 08:51:55  
It's been a really long time, but I think i remember sack/shell holders being able to manually remove people from their LS list.
By Antonioklaus 2013-06-04 21:49:28  
I have a Guildwork page and recently moved servers. I bought a crystal to verify that I'm on the new server. I'm not really sure it works. The Guildwork plugin and editing page says there's a way to get a token to verify your account so that you can use that as a way to update your info but I don't see it anywhere. Is there really a way to update jobs and stuff like in the old day or is this just a broken feature?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-06-05 15:23:47  
If we have new members who haven't linked their char to our ls community page, can they still be added here?
By LuminaryXion 2013-06-19 08:00:09  
I want to use the GW tools, I'm registered on GW but I don't have a LS so I can't register my character. I'm willing to register on the LSC or do whatever I need to do to get it rolling, but the LSC doesn't seem to be an option any more... Please help. TへT
 Shiva.Placebo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Placebo 2013-06-19 08:32:38  
scragg can you update ffxiah to send invite to join LS's im on an old LS and joined a new one and want to join them on ffxiah.

If not maybe have a box to where players can input their linkshell and it goes to the LS leader via private message for approval to join the ls on ffxiah?
 Leviathan.Wadokai
サーバ: Leviathan
user: wadokai
By Leviathan.Wadokai 2013-06-20 04:48:45  
I can view my character on the ls community now.
 Shiva.Placebo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Placebo 2013-06-24 11:17:54  
right, but you can not log in still.
 Valefor.Houppelande
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2013-06-24 14:39:33  
Official response:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/34626-Linkshell-Community-Site-Maintenance?s=6aa3da5b8e63a499f86125dcf7cb2ad6&p=447672#post447672
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-06-24 16:09:06  
I love how they can never be direct about things. I find it pretty difficult to believe this would be a major issue, and rather that they just decided this morning to do something about it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Auspice
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Auspice
By Cerberus.Auspice 2013-06-24 16:17:14  
I don't see how their response could have been more direct. They ran into bugs, have nobody directly in charge of fixing it, and they are fixing it with the small staff they have.
[+]