フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Double Drop Campaign
Double Drop Campaign
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-30 11:42:07  
OK, so I just finished doing ARII salvage, and noticed something odd. All Design plans are supposed to be double, but an Acrolith, which dropped 4 Umbrage, a Cotton Purse, and 1 Bloodshed plan, as well as a Lamia Spoliator which dropped 3 Bloodshed Plans.

Has anyone else noticed that not all design plan drops have doubled?
 Phoenix.Terasan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Terasan
By Phoenix.Terasan 2013-05-30 11:46:40  
It's probably "We added more drop slots" not "Umbrage Drop Slot 1 is now guaranteed to give 2 plans", knowing SE...
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-30 11:50:43  
Phoenix.Terasan said: »
It's probably "We added more drop slots" not "Umbrage Drop Slot 1 is now guaranteed to give 2 plans", knowing SE...

If that's the case, it's a clear case of false advertising. SE clearly stated that the number of design plans that dropped would be doubled.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-30 11:56:03  
I read it as the possible drops doubled, meaning luck and TH is still a factor
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-05-30 11:57:09  
The way i read it was plans that were 1-2.. are now 2-4, and plans that were 0-1, are now 0-2. Since this seemed the most obvious and likely scenario, and also exactly what they described.

If im not mistaken, Bloodshed plans from the NM You got just 1 from can drop, 0-1, so now they drop 0-2.

You can still get minimum values, meaning you'll want TH, its just now the minimums/maximums are slightly higher, and you can't double 0, so there's still a chance for 0 if the NM Previously dropped 0-1.

Edit: Though I can see how one might think "If i get 1, i get 2! if i get 2 i get 4!", But, yah, I read it as above, 1-2 become 2-4, 0-1 become 0-2.
 Fenrir.Boomslang
サーバ: Fenrir
user: neoyukio
By Fenrir.Boomslang 2013-05-30 12:03:00  
It could be they doubled the drop rate? Or in SE fashion they added another 'roll' for the drop [similar to a base TH1].
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-30 12:09:20  
"During the campaign period, the amount of design plans will be doubled."

Directly from the official SE event page. Even if what Karbuncle explained is true, it's still a breach of their advertisement. Not only that, but the Lamia Spoliator drops 1-2 Bloodshed regularly, and since every other NM with the exception of the two listed in my OP dropped twice the number of plans as usual, It may be an error or glitch.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, or if it's intended.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-05-30 12:14:17  
If plans dropped go from 1-2, to 2-4 (meaning 3 is possible), Its not a breach in advertisement, as you're still getting double the drops, its just TH/etc still effects them... Your Drop potential is doubled, even if you get 3 plans, You're getting more than you were before, and instead of 1 minimum, its 2.

When i do my run later today, I'll let you know, But i expect to see 1's and 3's, as i expected too when they announced it... I doubt its a glitch, but I'll report later.

I mean, If it was 1=2 and 2=4, I wouldn't complain, But 2-4 is what I expected :X
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-05-30 12:28:19  
The same happened to my group in BR today. Off-set plans only dropped 1 plan still, and we had an NM that dropped 3 plans, which doesn't fit in with the doubled droprate logic.

EDIT: Especially considering, it is worded like so:
"During the campaign period, the amount of the following design plans dropped will be doubled:
Bloodshed Plans / Primacy Plans / Umbrage Plans / Tutelary Plans / Ritualistic Plans"

Submitted a bug report about it none-the-less.
Can support it there or argue why here. When I see a statement like the above from them though, I kind of expect it to be literally double.
Official Forums Report~
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-05-30 12:43:14  
Make sure to actually follow the format in the sticky or a GM is just going to come and say "Use the format".
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-30 12:56:02  
Why are you going to file a bug report over a grammatical error. It was more than likely meant to say-
""During the campaign period, the potential amount of the following design plans dropped will be doubled:
Bloodshed Plans / Primacy Plans / Umbrage Plans / Tutelary Plans / Ritualistic Plans""
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-05-30 13:10:19  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Why are you going to file a bug report over a grammatical error. It was more than likely meant to say-
""During the campaign period, the potential amount of the following design plans dropped will be doubled:
Bloodshed Plans / Primacy Plans / Umbrage Plans / Tutelary Plans / Ritualistic Plans""
Because it's misleading. It clearly states something, and if it doesn't mean that, it needs to be changed. One way or the other needs to be addressed for clarity.

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Make sure to actually follow the format in the sticky or a GM is just going to come and say "Use the format".
Yeah, went back and filled all that in. @_@
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-30 13:13:39  
Ragnarok.Zohnax said: »
Because it's misleading. It clearly states something, and if it doesn't mean that, it needs to be changed. One way or the other needs to be addressed for clarity.

It's SE. Their meaning get screwed up in JP > NA translations. People should know that by now. It doesn't say "We guarantee a 100% drop rate and all drops will be doubled what the max potential currently is".
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-05-30 13:15:44  

It's SE. Their meaning get screwed up in JP > NA translations. People should know that by now. It doesn't say "We guarantee a 100% drop rate and all drops will be doubled what the max potential currently is".
It also doesn't say that, so your logic is flawed. Again, clarity on their end is needed.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-30 13:22:24  
That's my point. Often times, we get a post from SE that can be interpreted several ways. But anyway. Go ahead and good luck with your Bug Report, and enjoy the "working as intended" answer you will get.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-05-30 13:58:06  
Phoenix.Terasan said: »
That is the case, since I got 1 ritualistic plan from a NM today.

But drops are overall much better
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-30 14:04:09  
Can't people just be happy there was a temporary increase at all?
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-30 14:04:46  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
My feelings exactly.
[+]
 Bismarck.Azagthothe
user: Azagthoth
By Bismarck.Azagthothe 2013-05-30 14:14:23  
That's my point. Often times, we get a post from SE that can be interpreted several ways. But anyway. Go ahead and good luck with your Bug Report, and enjoy the "working as intended" answer you will get.

SE's post was clear and concise; I don't understand how you can say that it can be interpreted different ways. It was more than likely a translation error on SE's part; however, how will people know for sure unless they submit a bug report?

I'm happy with the increased drop rate regardless.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-05-30 14:23:58  
God forbid anyone want clarity in the matter instead of just accepting whatever is tossed at us. Oh, what a world we live in where people don't question things.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jiluun
user: jiluun
By Phoenix.Jiluun 2013-05-30 14:25:40  
If plans dropped go from 1-2, to 2-4 (meaning 3 is possible), Its not a breach in advertisement, as you're still getting double the drops, its just TH/etc still effects them... Your Drop potential is doubled, even if you get 3 plans, You're getting more than you were before, and instead of 1 minimum, its 2.

When i do my run later today, I'll let you know, But i expect to see 1's and 3's, as i expected too when they announced it... I doubt its a glitch, but I'll report later.

I mean, If it was 1=2 and 2=4, I wouldn't complain, But 2-4 is what I expected :X

Agree with you 100% Our group did Bhaflau Remnants II our drops were Ritualistic: Throat Tearer Tregotroq (2), Smouldering Dahak (2), Troll Occultist (3), Troll Guardian (3), Archaic Gear (4), Acrolith (3). We were questioning the same thing everyone else was, but we quickly came to the conclusion you did as well.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-30 14:31:30  
God forbid anyone want clarity in the matter instead of just accepting whatever is tossed at us. Oh, what a world we live in where people don't question things.

Yes because this is a matter WAY deeper than just a video game company increasing drop rates. Face it, we still pay for their product and play their game. Why not just accept there is a noticeable temporary boost to the drop rate and just be happy?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-05-30 14:32:59  
Just got 18 plans in one run and I

100% drops are 100% to be double because they're... 100%. The 40~50% drop plans aren't 100% because they aren't naturally 100%, you still have to actually get the drop in order to get the double drop. Run for me was:

Throat Tearer Tregotroq - 2
Smouldering Dahak - 2
Troll Occultist - 3
Troll Guardian - 4
Archaic Gear - 4
Acrolith - 3
[+]
 Phoenix.Evlkairi
By Phoenix.Evlkairi 2013-05-30 14:41:35  

today
 Asura.Aikchan
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-05-30 14:42:43  
BR II - Usu path

1st NM - 2 Usu plans
2nd NM - 2 Usu 1 Marduk
3rd NM - 3 Usu 1 Marduk Coins
4th NM - 3 Usu 1 Marduk
5th NM - 3 Usu 1 Marduk
6th NM - 4 Usu 1 Marduk Coins

Also did the Hydra... but don't recall how drops went, but friend got 11 Bloods, 2x cottons coins, don't recall the other plans

so yea plans drop 2-4, so is very possible to get 3
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-05-30 14:46:33  
I was very happy :) Got 13 plans today and my partner 11 on a hybrid path for both of our plans (2 runs)
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-30 14:50:20  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
I was very happy :) Got 13 plans today and my partner 11 on a hybrid path for both of our plans (2 runs)

There ya go man, good stuff. Good to see posted SS of drops too. Definitely a lot of people enjoying this it seems.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-05-30 14:55:13  

Yes because this is a matter WAY deeper than just a video game company increasing drop rates. Face it, we still pay for their product and play their game. Why not just accept there is a noticeable temporary boost to the drop rate and just be happy?
It's the ideology that has spread from elsewhere, is what I'm getting at. If it's not a bug and they clarify what they meant, which is all that's being asked, then fine. It's not people being totally irate and disrespectful just by asking them this. Also, developers design their games to appeal to players, not just toss something at them and hope they like it.
 Bismarck.Azagthothe
user: Azagthoth
By Bismarck.Azagthothe 2013-05-30 14:56:43  

Who is unhappy? :)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-05-30 15:20:51  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »

There ya go man, good stuff. Good to see posted SS of drops too. Definitely a lot of people enjoying this it seems.
Did a livestream of both runs today actually, had about 16-20 ppl at all times. It was pretty cool.
[+]
First Page 2