[Archive] The Birth Of Mnejing - A Puppetmaster Guide

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » [Archive] The Birth of Mnejing - A Puppetmaster Guide
[Archive] The Birth of Mnejing - A Puppetmaster Guide
By Elwynbelwyn 2014-01-01 08:18:33  
Sylph.Rafaras said: »
What's the best Merits for category 1 and 2 for PUP?
Page 2 halfway down looks good.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38708/the-birth-of-mnejing-a-puppetmaster-guide/2/#2380629

And I'm sad to say I haven't checked mine since Alternator came out. I had 5 in auto magic all this time (yeah, now that I almost exclusively use sharpshot) and 5 in activate (I like to run my auto hard, so I'll probably keep that 2:20 reduction for now). I also went 4/4 for FT and Opt just to split the difference. The way I seem to be at 30/30 having to dump merits all the time lately, I should be able to fix it in no time.

But seriously, Sharpshot with Alternator or better just kicks so much butt, and it never runs out of MP, so only one bar to keep up. The best thing is how many debuffs it just doesn't give a maneuver about. Slow? Maybe I'm wrong, but I recall hearing that melee TP gain* depends on round time so it wouldn't be affected. Paralyze? Okay, so some loss of TP gain there, but ranged attacks aren't affected. Virus? So long TP gain, but you still gonna get tanked. Sleep? Go ahead, sleep the tank. Then wake him up right away. Silence? Were you in the "special" class in NM school? And of course, the most special of the special, gear removal moves. Yeah, I want to be out of range of that, but Kenny just stares back with his no eyes.

*I keep Kenny meleeing on the mob to ensure more TP to keep pumping out more Armor Shatterer. And protip: if you deploy at max range, it runs right up to the mob.

So I often just stand back and let Kenny tank it (Shock Absorber, then wind while it lasts, then 2 or 3 Light and sometimes Repair when HP goes down... did I mention I love reduced overload gear and even joke about Kenkonken as a swap piece?) because some of that TP move crap would shred me into tarutaru snack size bits. Oh yeah, and the evasion he gets, too. Whiff, whiff. I just soloed Odin Prime yesterday after getting tired of trying to find someone to go in with. Kenbishi solo with me standing back for maneuvers took 3:30. That bucket of bolts scares me sometimes. But if I can fight next to him and keep him tanking, I'm there.

Also I recommend leveling a mule to 99 PUP with no subjob, soloing as much as possible to get there. (protip: you need to break 75 in another job first, but can solo everything up to the 99 fight, and maybe even that if you use enough tails) And then solo all the nation missions to 9.1 (all three 9.2 really need someone else to keep the NPC healed; Soulsoother sure won't). It teaches you how not to rely on a subjob. (and maybe a few expensive attachments too) You want heals from your Sharpshot? Fire/Strobe to keep hate, then keep its HP up so you can Role Reversal. Sneak/Invisible? Use oils and powder, you entitled little brat! When you learn how to not rely on your subjob, it can be anything.
 Sylph.Rafaras
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-01-04 03:31:03  
I'm new to PUP and would like play the job for fun/solo purposes. So my question is; is it necessary to buy ALL the attainments for PUP pet? If no, can someone please tell me which one's that are a must or not needed.

As for merits, after reading here I had put my merits as the following, Category 1; 5/5 on both Automaton Melee and Ranged skill, as for category 2; 5/5 on both Role Reversal and Ventriloquy.

Also which AF2+2 piece(s) is a must for a PUP, the one's he can never leave his mog house without.

If you see anything wrong with that then please mention it, would like to get as much advice and help as possible on starting this flexible job.
 Odin.Esor
サーバ: Odin
user: esor
By Odin.Esor 2014-01-04 04:39:49  
MERITS
5/5 melee
5/5 ranged

1 ventriloquy
1 role reversal
3 fine tuning
5 optimization

AF: cirque+2 body, puppetry/foire/+1 hands
dispersal mantle, buffoons collar.

everything else is subject to change. others can feel free to chime in.
 Sylph.Rafaras
サーバ: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-01-05 03:43:27  
Thank you Esor!

Another question: What maneuvers should I purchase? All of them? Or is there a couple that is only important?
 Odin.Esor
サーバ: Odin
user: esor
By Odin.Esor 2014-01-05 06:01:46  
This guide is no longer being updated. I'm planning on making a new guide, a mixture of the mnk blu nin guides. (lots of copying/referencing and public nodes) If some others could assist with suggestions on spreadsheet results we can speed the process up.
[+]
By Elwynbelwyn 2014-01-05 14:56:14  
Odin.Esor said: »
MERITS
5/5 melee
5/5 ranged

1 ventriloquy
1 role reversal
3 fine tuning
5 optimization

AF: cirque+2 body, puppetry/foire/+1 hands
dispersal mantle, buffoons collar.

everything else is subject to change. others can feel free to chime in.
Glad to see confirmation that I was not wrong to stick with my Cirque +2 body. Sure, its stats are a bit down from ilvl gear, but OVERLOAD REDUCTION. I can tell the difference between no overload gear and just that piece (without the hands or neck). PUP should be working maneuvers like COR should be working rolls.

I'm working on Foire hands now (even NQ should be better than random ilvl gear) and still need about 30k more sparks for NQ. Out of town to visit relatives or I'd have it today. Derped and farmed two karakul cloth to make my own B collar, but then I realized I needed the other for the F hands. Dispersal mantle continues to taunt me by not dropping.
By Elwynbelwyn 2014-01-05 15:25:46  
Sylph.Rafaras said: »
I'm new to PUP and would like play the job for fun/solo purposes. So my question is; is it necessary to buy ALL the attainments for PUP pet? If no, can someone please tell me which one's that are a must or not needed.
First: *** percolator. I've found three of them and sold them them all for gil. If you play PUP (as opposed to just leveling it), the skills will come fast enough. Magic used to be a problem, but that was fixed in late 2012.

Start with getting every one you can buy from NPCs with gil and IS just because you can. Then get all the crafted ones you can. Do a bunch of pokeyman-snaps so you can spam Ob, he's a sucker for a good sharpshot, but don't waste your money to buy a Tactical Processor, and Mana Channeler is nuke-only. You will need to get with someone to do the ENMs to get Super Cermet for Flame Holder and Ice Maker, but those are crap because they eat maneuvers.

Then there's the four or so they added a while back along with Percolator. I can't even remember what the others are except for Vivi-Valve, and you really don't need cure potency unless you're using the Valoredge + Stormwaker hybrid.

That leaves eight from TtC:
* Condenser - Used to be more important back before Cooldown, but can still be helpful if you get into a overload crisis
* Dynamo - I don't use it, but at least it's not stupid
* Economizer - might be useful if you nuke, but I've never used it
* Optic Fiber - ABSOLUTE MUST
* Reactive Shield - useless, but cheap enough to get to satisfy OCD
* Schurzen - don't bother
* Tranquilizer - nuke-only, skip it if you don't nuke
* Turbo Charger - helps melee if you're already doing wind (which I do on Sharpshot), otherwise probably not worth the cost

So basically Optic Fiber, Turbo Charger, and Condenser are the only ones I actually use that you can't get from NPC, crafting, or Ob.

And you're on Sylph, so go find a third to do TtC. I'll go any time, subject to the once-a-week restriction. And I can make any of the crafted attachments, though I'll be a bit under level for some. I even have a small stash of black ghost and high ebonite. I still need more WW for kilo pumps if I don't already have a stash.

Edit: Hmm, Reactive Shield actually looks interesting enough for me to give it a try, though I doubt it'll be worth the slot it takes up, especially if the spikes require the attacker to not miss first.