How The Hell Do You Make Money?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » How the hell do you make money?
How the hell do you make money?
First Page 2 3 4
 Ragnarok.Granis
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Granis25
By Ragnarok.Granis 2013-06-13 05:28:23  
Hey there, I'm having a little trouble getting income to buy gear and stuff, I play WHM usually, but I'm in the process of leveling a few new jobs, but my problem right now seems to be having any kind of income to afford gear. (which while it's definitely a problem for WHM now, since I can't even afford crap like a Roundel Earring, Prolix Ring, etc. it's only going to get worse when I get my 2 new jobs to 99 and will need to get them gear.)

I actually tried to get into crafting, but I was informed Alchemy is not a strong moneymaker, and the days of crafting in general being reliable are gone along with the 75-cap days. a friend of mine who plays DRK just goes and farms clusters in Sky from elementals, or builds amber in Abyssea and just sells crappy gold chest items to vendors. but.... I'm a WHM, I can't do that.

I imagine most of you are going to say "Dynamis." but.... I've tried it and even bringing my DRK friend with me with /DNC sub to hit JA proc, all we get when we go there is lost XP. we can't even get all of our TEs without dying. We go to Dyna-Qufim, we do our first TE mob, I cure my DRK friend, I get Snoll aggro and die in 3 hits. friend finishes the TE mob, I reraise and die to a random Orc that was nearby to where i died. which means I have to release and can't reenter Dyna for 24 hours.

my LS told me to never expect anything out of Dyna unless you are a mainjob DNC, THF, or BST. and even with those jobs, doing TE mobs without dying and getting your JA mobs takes months of practice, you need to have great gear for those 3 jobs, and even then sometimes you just won't get enough currency to make a decent profit anyway. And our best THF even disagrees and says THF is just as bad at it as DRK and WHM.

But I have no idea what else to do to actually make money. Abyssea drops are rarely good AH sellers, since it's hard enough to get a party for an Aby NM these days, I'd imagine Aby drops or even NM pop items will move slowly these days. Other than maybe using every last Imperial Standing point I have to sell Imperial coins (which I don't want to do, especially if I ever want to make Salvage gear) I duno what else to do to make money, people either sell Dyna currency or Alexandrite, and I don't get to actually run Salvage right now, so I can't really rely on the latter. If I can't make money crafting, where the hell else is it gonna come? Delve? Most Delve parties will kick me out of even a freaking Plasm farm because I don't have +2 Orison pants yet, so selling Airlixers isn't likely either.
 Bismarck.Franzrobot
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Quantum
By Bismarck.Franzrobot 2013-06-13 05:36:38  
I would still say Delve. Never heard of groups checking the pants of the WHM before.

Edit: Seriously though, if you stay on top of buffing/cures no one cares what your gear looks like, and WHMs are always needed for delve runs. It's probably the easiest way to make gil right now anyway.
 Asura.Kresaera
サーバ: Asura
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2013-06-13 05:39:59  
I'm a whm and nobody has ever checked my pants >.>
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-06-13 05:43:48  
Ragnarok.Granis said: »
but I was informed Alchemy is not a strong moneymaker, and the days of crafting in general being reliable are gone along with the 75-cap days

People lied.

Crafting as a whole is still rather profitable - you just need to have a lot of levels behind you (and in some instances, some luck).

I dunno what other 2 jobs you've picked up, but if one of them is DNC or THF/DNC, then you can make huge amounts of money by being lazy (depending on what you call "huge" and over the timeframe you pick). Pick up some pink gear or AF+1 and you've got more than enough to farm up lots of money - patience depending. Grinding out some merits/letting friends leech EXP in Sky, I personally made 700-800k in about 7 hours (not much, but money wasn't my primary venture)

WHM could farm Abyssea with ease (probably better than most), it would simply require more effort - skilling up Club/Staff would be a start, then getting some basic/cheap Melee/WS gear and you're pretty much done.

As for farming Dyna on DNC or THF (I've never done BST, so I can't say - but I imagine it's even easier) - it doesn't take months of practice, maybe 1~2 runs and a little common sense. Look around your surroundings before diving in for the TE.

EDIT: As others have said, I doubt anyone's looking at your pants before taking you to a group :P Just don't /t "I DONT HAVE AF+2 PANTS, CAN I JOIN?"
 Ragnarok.Granis
By Ragnarok.Granis 2013-06-13 05:45:30  
It's not just the pants, people get angry about things like "no Roundel, no Serpentes boots (I went like 0/11 on Brooder), not at Potency cap (I'm at 37 percent without using a potency body.) only one +2 piece (body), fast cast set leaves much to be desired, (don't have a full set switch yet, missing key pieces like Prolix ring, Marduk +1 gear, Nares gear, etc.) idle set is worse. (only PDT item is Earth Staff, have Serpentes gloves but not boots, not enough refresh.)"

People would likely call me a "gimp" and that may be an accurate assessment. I'd probably get posted in one of those BG "gimp" threads.
 Bismarck.Franzrobot
By Bismarck.Franzrobot 2013-06-13 05:50:26  
It's not just the pants, people get angry about things like "no Roundel, no Serpentes boots (I went like 0/11 on Brooder), not at Potency cap (I'm at 37 percent without using a potency body.) only one +2 piece (body), fast cast set leaves much to be desired, (don't have a full set switch yet, missing key pieces like Prolix ring, Marduk +1 gear, Nares gear, etc.) idle set is worse. (only PDT item is Earth Staff, have Serpentes gloves but not boots, not enough refresh.)"

People would likely call me a "gimp" and that may be an accurate assessment.

No one would ever know you are missing this stuff unless you flat out said it. I've met plenty of WHMs that have great gear and let everyone die all the time. I think you are being a little too sensitive about your gear.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-13 05:50:36  
First suggestion would be for you and your friends to finish your aby gear, dyna is not bad at all for money making as your thf friend says, he's just inexperienced(and so are you it seems).
Granted I have most endgame gear, but on a half-assed bubu run as thf, taking forever for te and going afk in the middle cause I'm bored, I don't go home with less than 170 coins...because it's just that easy. I don't remember how much I farmed before my thf was decent, but I would say even a rookie shouldn't go home with less than 100 coins, which is still pretty decent considering it can be done daily. As for zones:
Valkurm - this one is the best, only problem is it's usually packed at all times.
Qufim - problem with this one is camps are very tight, so 1. competition can be a *** and 2. if you're inexperienced you may be overwhelmed by the mobs easily.
Bubu - only issue is the 20 min TE can make you waste more time than usual cause it can be in 2 completely opposite directions. That aside it's a very easy zone, with many camp options.

Old salvage is also easy for anyone and can be a good source of additional money, just need 2 friends.
 Ragnarok.Granis
By Ragnarok.Granis 2013-06-13 05:54:12  
But I do have to be honest and tell someone what I'm using if they ask me, right? and my idle set is my weakest set right now, so it may immediately raise a red flag and cause them to ask about my curing and pre-cast sets.
 Sylph.Frenchman
サーバ: Sylph
user: frenchman
By Sylph.Frenchman 2013-06-13 05:55:30  
i don't have a capped cure potency set (don't even have the Arka IV, hello Dryad Staff), and ppl are very satisfied with my job... as long as you're focused and know what you have to do (i guess every whm should: keep ppl alive), whm is easypeasy in delves.

Even a Gimp geared whm can perform really well, it just requires a bit more focus.

Also, you have to be a Taru, cause Taru are cuter, you'd get more invites!

Edit: If ppl ask you, tell them you're perfectly capable, that gear doesn't give skills or reflex, doesn't help you reading a chat log. These are the only thing you need as whm
[+]
 Bismarck.Franzrobot
By Bismarck.Franzrobot 2013-06-13 05:58:58  
Yeah, don't lie or anything. But I have literally never heard anyone getting angry about missing pieces of equipment on WHM, and most of the time you will have a cor or brd to refresh you making idle sets not as important. Everybody loves the WHM, you shouldn't feel ashamed about anything.
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-06-13 06:04:05  
From my experience, and granted I quite when the cap was 90, as long as you are doing your job on whm (or any healer) people don't care what your gear is. haste rotation, keep people alive, debuff if you have no one else to do so, flash if needed, always have rr on, etc.

It sounds like you are working on improving your gear and really that is all you can do. I was some insane number on brooder before I got the drop. Persistence, that is pretty much what ffxi is.

Btw, I made a killing on alchemy. Also farming ingredients for crafting to sell (wild onions, beehive chips, etc), for items that are consistently sold on the ah.
 Ragnarok.Granis
By Ragnarok.Granis 2013-06-13 06:19:34  
Actually, the reason I'm afraid I'll get criticized for is the lack of serious PDT on my idle set, afraid someone will make the comment that an Earth staff is not nearly enough. I don't have Twilight Torque for instance.

I realize I should just run Abyssea until I'm better geared, but it's hard to actually convince the NINs and BLMs I need to actually get stuff done to actually come sometimes. It seems everyone's pretty much done with Aby and doesn't wanna touch it anymore. A lot of times my shouts fall apart because I either don't have red proc for KIs or I don't have Grellow to get the drops I need. And It's an uphill battle to get people just for a Zone Boss or Caturae clears. (depending on what it is.) even then, Aby can't get me everything I need, some of stuff on my list is still incredibly expensive AH items.

But back on Topic, I've just gotten discouraged by how badly Dyna has gone when I've gone with my DRK friend, and I don't know about Crafting, I have a 100 ALchemy friend who says it will never make me good money and selling Beeswax will never get me enough, and even Sneak Oils and Prism Powders aren't much better.

At this point it seems like running every besieged every time it pops and spending ALL my IS on coins is the only way I can make gil, and even then I rarely have more than 400k on my person at any time.
 Lakshmi.Harkonnen
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: tobenutte
By Lakshmi.Harkonnen 2013-06-13 06:21:25  
Pimp out a Taru and a Mithra at the Neptune Spire.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-06-13 06:27:32  
I never created a PDT set specifically for my white mage. Is that really required now? Are you getting hit with aoe's and, if so, can you stand out of range?

Idling, resting (not sure that would even be relevant now), and max cure set (also debuff set, but I'm a red mage or bard at heart). I never created a -enmity set either, but many recommend it. If I over curred I expected to get hit (I made sure to have stoneskin, blink, phalanx on) or my tank/DD's to be able to pull it off me (at least within a good time frame).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Granis
By Ragnarok.Granis 2013-06-13 06:35:30  
Well I suppose you're right, I could be over thinking this.

I could try going back to Delve, I just remember having a bad experience having people make fun of me for my gear last time I went. I just get a little scared since DDs are being excluded if they don't have an emp or a relic or a delve weapon, that they must be pretty strict with healers and other such jobs as well.
 Siren.Dantalian
サーバ: Siren
user: Dakren
By Siren.Dantalian 2013-06-13 06:37:50  
Lately, for some reason, Red Curry Buns are skyrocketing in price, so I've been getting amber to 80 in Abyssea - Konschtat and farming Dragon Meat for 80k a piece/Dark Rings for 33k to NPC, just because I want another -5% PDT ring. (and almost 100 rings later, I'm still trying it every weekend or so. >.>)

As a 99 job, Limbus isn't too hard of a solo if you can go that route, and like other posters have said, even in full Perle or Aurore, a Lv.99 DD/DNC should be able to at least get a respectable amount of stuff done on their own. I've made around 200k before running that, and I was really only there for AF+1 items.

Bloodthread is a nice cash cow if you can kill Diremites with a little bit of Treasure Hunter. (specific diremites, read up on their drops to make sure you're getting the ones that do drop bloodthread.)

A good bit of money in crafting can be found doing subcombine work for higher-level, lazy crafters. For example, if a crafter needs iron scales, for example, they'll buy iron scales. If you can buy/mine the ore cheap and turn them out at even a light profit, it adds up, even at just seven auction slots at a time.

Some folks on my server are still volunteering to sell brews, pop sets, and other intangible products/services in shout. Chloris and Apademak popsets in specific aren't half bad for price.

Sisyphus Fragments in amber chests in Abyssea - Uleguerand can net you 90k gil or better each, and if you have a friend warping in and out to get them and list them for you...

This isn't every way I've made money even in the past week, but it should hopefully give you some good ideas. Look at the auction house, find everyday things that are selling fast for amounts higher than it costs to acquire/make them, and start farming! =)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-13 06:41:32  
Siren.Dantalian said: »
for some reason, Red Curry Buns are skyrocketing in price
No VW=>lower supply of dragon meat=>rcb jumps up.
 Siren.Dantalian
By Siren.Dantalian 2013-06-13 06:45:01  
Also less people playing in Abyssea, although you'd think it'd be counterbalanced by a lower demand for straight ATK and a greater demand for sushi, but nope, sushi is still affordable, and I actually made a few gil buying a stack of red curry buns, then selling it a week later for a 20% profit. x_x
 Ragnarok.Granis
By Ragnarok.Granis 2013-06-13 06:46:37  
Huh, I'll talk to my DRK friend to see if he'd be up for trying to duo Limbus for ABCs, then. Do people even still need these things? I'm worried everyone had already got the Loq. and Brutals a long time ago.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-06-13 06:47:28  
DD's are different than white mages in terms of gear. It's not the gear that makes you good at your job, but how you play your job. (and really you could make that argument for DD's too, but on a different scale)

The good gear makes it easier but it doesn't make you better. You will have to use all the tools available to you (main and sub job) and pay attention (make sure you're ready with that -na or erase), but you would have to do that even if you had better gear.
 Siren.Dantalian
By Siren.Dantalian 2013-06-13 06:48:47  
Arch-Omega and Arch-Ultima each require, among other things, 150 ABCs per run. =) Price isn't as high as it used to be, but if you bazaar by Sagheera, someone'll be happy to take them off your hands.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-13 06:51:37  
Hey there, I'm having a little trouble getting income to buy gear and stuff, I play WHM usually, but I'm in the process of leveling a few new jobs, but my problem right now seems to be having any kind of income to afford gear. (which while it's definitely a problem for WHM now, since I can't even afford crap like a Roundel Earring, Prolix Ring, etc. it's only going to get worse when I get my 2 new jobs to 99 and will need to get them gear.)

I actually tried to get into crafting, but I was informed Alchemy is not a strong moneymaker, and the days of crafting in general being reliable are gone along with the 75-cap days. a friend of mine who plays DRK just goes and farms clusters in Sky from elementals, or builds amber in Abyssea and just sells crappy gold chest items to vendors. but.... I'm a WHM, I can't do that.

I imagine most of you are going to say "Dynamis." but.... I've tried it and even bringing my DRK friend with me with /DNC sub to hit JA proc, all we get when we go there is lost XP. we can't even get all of our TEs without dying. We go to Dyna-Qufim, we do our first TE mob, I cure my DRK friend, I get Snoll aggro and die in 3 hits. friend finishes the TE mob, I reraise and die to a random Orc that was nearby to where i died. which means I have to release and can't reenter Dyna for 24 hours.

my LS told me to never expect anything out of Dyna unless you are a mainjob DNC, THF, or BST. and even with those jobs, doing TE mobs without dying and getting your JA mobs takes months of practice, you need to have great gear for those 3 jobs, and even then sometimes you just won't get enough currency to make a decent profit anyway. And our best THF even disagrees and says THF is just as bad at it as DRK and WHM.

Dynamis solo jobs are DNC/THF THF/DNC BST/DNC BLU/DNC and PUP/THF. Any other jobs aren't good for solo due to lack of TH and proc.

But honestly TE mobs aren't that hard, sometimes death happens but it shouldn't be hard to RR and get up if you die right. A lot of problem you experienced are just lack of experience. You shouldn't cast magic near a snoll or any magic aggro mob. If you're going to get up you have to rotate your camera and make sure no mobs are around, or you should get up right after a mob stopped moving. Just remember and avoid the mistake next time, playing this game is really all about failing and learning experience from mistakes.

WHM shouldn't have problem joining delve pt without super good gears, just make sure you get ballad x2 and ask for evoker. Rest is all about fast and MP efficient cures(that's actually the hardest part).

By the way, if you want to make money you can do salvage 2 with me, we can split alex and I'll pay for your alex :)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-13 06:54:51  
If you have assault points you can also sell permit to JPs, they pay 200k~300k each.
By Zoltar 2013-06-13 06:59:22  
If you're a good whm, team up with a nin/thf/dnc friend and do some merc'ing for people. People will pay you handsomely for gear and items.
By Tphantom 2013-06-13 07:25:00  
From a whm point of view, level thf up to 25 go to korroloka tunnel kill slimes and sell oils, go to teleport mea /thf and start killing bees for chips, or go to delve pty as whm, a good alliance can net you up to 500k or more by selling airlixer +1, from a dynamis point i was whm main, abyss burned bst to 99 grabbed abyssea gear for it and did 2 pdt axes, went to dynamis in 1st week i was puloing 80 currencys per session, by the end of that month, i was pulling 120, spent some more money into ruinator ws and started to do 150-180, my advice is dont stay as whm only check other alternatives, even crystal ( kill elementals) can profit. And dont stay with just one income do more than 1 thing @ once.
By Spiraboo 2013-06-13 07:49:52  
I second the aby-konschat farm idea, bring your drk friend and you guys should come out with quite a load of treasures to npc. Might not be best gil/hr, but it should be easy with a DD and healer. I've done it on nin myself and after building up amber, I made about 200k/hr selling junks to npc.

You don't have to be thf dnc bst for dynamis. I went in with nin/dnc long time ago before had any remotely fancy gear (AF3 mainly, STR and kamome katana) and come out with an average of 100 coins per run. Obviously someone with TH would come out better. But any job that can kill fodder remotely easily + can proc should be fine.

not sure if Delve is the best option, I tend to come out with 0-1 Airlixers per run, never gotten a +1... There are better options in aby i think. Or maybe i'm just that unlucky. :P But yes, I'm surprised people care about your gear. I've seen some very very badly geared whm and no one said a word. Whm is one of those jobs that you can be very good at with gimp gear as long as you have skills.

If you got some Kindred seals or beastman seals lying around you might wanna try some old school bcnm 40 or ksnms.. one of the ksnm drops R3 and should be very easy to duo with your drk friend (the magic pot one). do bcnm 40 for scrolls , phalanx and Utsusemi:Ni are quite expensive in my server - though you do need the right setup for these.

There is of course also the fishing route. If you have the patience (or watch a lot of tv).
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-06-13 08:10:30  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Dynamis solo jobs are DNC/THF THF/DNC BST/DNC BLU/DNC and PUP/THF. Any other jobs aren't good for solo due to lack of TH and proc.

But honestly TE mobs aren't that hard, sometimes death happens but it shouldn't be hard to RR and get up if you die right. A lot of problem you experienced are just lack of experience. You shouldn't cast magic near a snoll or any magic aggro mob. If you're going to get up you have to rotate your camera and make sure no mobs are around, or you should get up right after a mob stopped moving. Just remember and avoid the mistake next time, playing this game is really all about failing and learning experience from mistakes.

WHM shouldn't have problem joining delve pt without super good gears, just make sure you get ballad x2 and ask for evoker. Rest is all about fast and MP efficient cures(that's actually the hardest part).

By the way, if you want to make money you can do salvage 2 with me, we can split alex and I'll pay for your alex :)

Why PUP/THF >.>

PUP/DNC better for proccing , u get JA / WS (toy = WS procs with his Flash / Voke / Dispell + WS) and you can easily do QS > VF > WS > VF spam.

keep in mind even if u /thf not 100% drop on currency but if u do proc, it is at least 1 currency 100% drop, not much but it's guaranteed.
 Bismarck.Franzrobot
By Bismarck.Franzrobot 2013-06-13 08:10:51  
Spiraboo said: »

not sure if Delve is the best option, I tend to come out with 0-1 Airlixers per run, never gotten a +1... There are better options in aby i think.

It's the 5000~ plasm a run which equals 2 +1 airlixirs that makes it a great way to make gil. That's about 600k for 45mins of work.
[+]
 Leviathan.Ruvion
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ruvion
By Leviathan.Ruvion 2013-06-13 08:27:55  
I know this post is for how to make money, but if you're that concerned with wanting to do delve for money you can do 2 things. On my server (leviathan) they're always shouting for brd, cor or a sac, and they usually give all the airlixers to the sac. So you can either level brd (most songs only cost 10k and most instruments are rare/ex abyssea drops) and skill it up which takes a few days at most. Or you can spend all your cruor on brewing shins till you get that twilight set and then just fc a job that can use it to 99. I'd recommend bst since you can be a perle rmt using sheep in dyna and still pull out a good run...just saying you don't need good gear to have success in dyna on bst. Anyway, you'll get ailixers at the cost of maybe 45k exp. After that you can hit up a dom ops in altepa to get it back to cap and use the dom notes to buy weapons and npc for 7k a pop. Sure it's boring and will require a little bit of effort and luck to get that twilight mail, but it should be worth it in the end.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2013-06-13 08:31:08  
if using your drk friend is an option i'd use him to get +2 legs because they are amazing and imo more important than refresh on idle set. once you have those you'll be able to do more, and maybe you'll be comfortable with delve.

if you start doing delve and get nm clears you can get bokwus gloves, which should help a lot with your potency (and you wouldn't really have to worry about roundel).

regarding fast cast gear, unfortunately there aren't a lot of easily available options... one thing you might be able to do for fast cast is to make the arka 1, if you can get some help.

idle set: i don't think you need to worry about this as much as you are. i doubt many whms have a serious pdt set-- earth staff is fine. you seem pretty aware of what you need so i'm not going to go further.

errr tl;dr: get +2 legs >> do delve/get bokwus gloves >> worry less about whm gear
First Page 2 3 4